Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we buy the next expansion?

Comments

• Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I'll probably wait for a sale somewhere (NOT Origin). If I buy it. All we know is the word "City" and I have to keep the number of packs I have as low as possible for performance.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    No, I will not be buying it. This game is now dead to me. It won't matter what they put in it, because it won't work like it's supposed to for more than a day, and it will break 10 other things. Reviews, at least honest ones, will likely reveal that within a week or two. Read the bug forum for examples,

And based on what's been added so far, it won't be fun to me anyway because this game does not support my play style. It's not even a complete life simulation but some other kind of game so I'm no longer interested, and like you I don't appreciate being told that I'm the problem because I can't accept something new. (Rolls eyes)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2016
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I'll wait for simsvip to do a guide on it, which for EP's they usually do way before the release date. (How do they do that?!)

They receive an early review copy as they are Influencers. But they aren't allowed to release their reviews/guides until after the game is out in North America, like all influencers.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I want a city EP so yeah why not lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    After all these years I'm not about to stop adding to my game even if it's bugged.So far the only thing I didn't buy was the kid's room stuff do to lack of family play.Treat a baby like a object and no toddlers well anything family you are not getting my money.
  • Options
    BabyDollOriginBabyDollOrigin Posts: 71 Member
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    It depends on what is the next EP and what's in it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Aesir26 wrote: »
    I'm going to play a wait and see game. I'm going to see if I actually like the theme of the EP first and then I'll wait for a review from LGR before I ultimately decide.

However, it may end up just being a decision to not buy the EP right away. I intend on buying Get Together eventually while it's on sale but at the same time I still haven't bought Supernatural, Showtime, or Into the Future for the Sims 3 and probably won't except for maybe Showtime. I don't want to buy into things blindly but I'm also content enough with the game where I'm not going to refuse to buy things as a form of protest.

I didn't buy Spooky Stuff when it was first released because the theme didn't interest me -- but I decided to pick it up when it was on sale. While I don't use a lot of the actual Halloween stuff, I do like some of the Build mode textures like the Lub Dub wood floors and a couple of the wallpapers so getting in on sale was a good deal for me. Did the same with Katy Perry's Sweet Treats in Sims 3; the CAS items were horrendous, but some of the decor was really nice for kids' rooms especially little girls.

If EP3's theme interests me or it introduces game mechanics that will expand my game play, then I'll get it on release day. Otherwise, I'll pass on it or wait for a sale.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Oh btw, everything I said before aside, if the EP is a city EP (or any other nice theme), the reviews are good & I feel that it may really turn this game around for me, then yeah, I would buy it :) There's things I'd need to see it in first though, so it'll be a great time to visit LGR's and other people's channels / websites to see what exactly is offered to us. Personally, I hope it's something that will do the trick for me, as I don't hate TS4 & would like to enjoy it again :)
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I buy packs based on what's in them and what they offer ME. I have no delusions from liking Sims 4. If I don't like what's in it I don't buy it, and if I'm on the fence I watch YouTube videos and read up on it before I make any definite decisions just like I do with every other game I've ever thought of owning. I've gotten a few packs, one expansion when it was slashed down to 75% off because I was so iffy about it and I have zero regrets! I actually like a lot of the stuff that's come out for Sims 4 some more than others thus, whichever I LOVE I usually buy. So, when the next expansion comes out I'll wait to see what's in it before I make any decisions. :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @SimTrippy Super off topic, but your sim in your profile pic always reminds me of Natalie Dormer!
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I'll buy it if I like the content. So far I've gotten all of the GPs and EPs, so if City Life is the next one, it HAS to be great.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Probably. I could use a new world. And if it has apartments, and more things for my sims to do, that would be great. I always wait for sales.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I've always gotten things on release, but the last pack or two I've waited for Lazy Game Review (LGR) to review first to see if they were worth it. I'm still optimistic for TS4 future though. I really am missing my pets and weather. :heart:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'll be getting every pack, day one of release. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited September 2016
    Waiting for more info this time. Back in the days of TS3 I would buy all the expansions because I knew they had a lot of interesting gameplay and lots of nice additional decorations and furniture. TS3 had a good creative team. But TS4 is a lot different. So far it's all too simplistic, childish, ugly and claustrophobic. My only weakness would be a roommates feature. It was always a favorite feature of mine. But I have so little faith in TS4, I'm not even sure we'll get them in City Life.

...Aaaand I was right. No roommates.
    Post edited by BlueOvale on
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    Depends on what it is. People are speculating that it's "City Life" but truthfully we have no idea. It could be anything for all we know. None of us work on the game and none of the Gurus or anybody has made any official announcement. I don't trust anything until an official announcement is made.
  • Options
    MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    If it's a City EP and the livestream looks good, I will probably buy it. I love the pre-release livestreams that the gurus have started doing. They really help me make up my mind on whether or not I actually want something.

....although if it's close enough to my birthday (as Get Together was last year), I'll probably just put it on my b-day list! :)
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    If it's something you want to try, buy it. You might really like it. And, it'll help pay for all of those EA salaries that made ts4 possible. I've heard that if ts4 is financially successful then we'll have a sims 5. I'm counting on you guys to do your part. I bought the base game so... I did my part.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes, I'll be buying the next EP (city theme or not) and the next GP and the next SP. I've enjoyed every pack so far and I don't see that changing any time soon.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    If I like what I see, then yes, I'll be buying it.
    I wouldn't call myself "Faithful" to the company if I do, though. I just buy what I think I'll enjoy. And if I don't think I'll like it, then there'll be no money wasted. :p Easy as that.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    ha ! i know what would make me buy City Life EP immediately (at the lowest price possible, of course :trollface: )

playable ZOMBIES :trollface:
    playable zombies eating away all those aimlessly grinning wanderers :trollface:
    mayhem !
    & additionally rats, stray cats & cars :trollface:

Now that would be some great game play!! I'd love it.

On a more serious note. I'm not buying any more content. I've come to the conclusion that unless some big fixes are done and some serious sandbox game play is added there isn't enough content in the universe to make me take this game seriously.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited August 2016
    Nope not buying anything anymore. Until theres is some major changes with content and depth. Where as I dont need a mod to enjoy my game. I dont use mods,in ts3 or ts2 and they run great in my pc. Ill look at the reviews and check the forums before i decide to buy again
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I always say "no" but if it appeals to me or goes on sale at one point it's going to change to a "yes". :p