Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask a Guru - Game Development Edition

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited August 2016
    hello @SimGuruDrake will washers and dryers be added in ep3 or will those be added in a future ep or as dlc? - We aren't able to answer this as it is specifically being asked in relation to "future content" - SGD
    Post edited by SimGuruDrake on
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    How many people are part of the development team? 10? 15? 25? Lower? (Give me a number.)
  • CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2016
    How far in advance is the theme of gps/stuff packs/expansions decided? Who is involved with deciding what content will be in them?

Some Info Here

And Here
    Post edited by SimGuruLyndsay on
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Is the team working on some game fixes for dine out? I ask because my sim won't stay seated she keeps trying to get food from the restaurants fridge.
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    Will we ever see customizable aging and pregnancy sliders? Options to turn certain features (like supernaturals) on/off per save?
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    1.Can you do a Behind The Scenes video for The Sims 4 like you did for The Sims 3?
    2.Do you plan on adding more floores to the building?
    3.Do you plan on adding bigger lots to the game?
    4.Do you have any plans for some sort of CAW for The Sims 4?
    Thanks! :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2016
    mskube wrote: »
    Is the team working on some game fixes for dine out? I ask because my sim won't stay seated she keeps trying to get food from the restaurants fridge.

This they probably can't answer, because it relates to stuff in development ie future content. However, it does deserve a bug report. Before you report it however, try disabling your mods and custom content and see if that still happens. If not, a bug in a mod was probably the culprit. I have never had this happen in my game, though I have had Sims stand up to drink the beverage they ordered with their food. I do also "order for table" immediately after my Sims sit down.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited August 2016
    - Is it possible to add more life stages and life states to TS4? NPCs?
    - Is it possible to add cars and other forms of transportation?
    - Are we getting more patched in neighborhoods like Newcrest, or bigger lots? Will editing be possible in TS4?
    - Will there be new venues and recreational activities added?
    - Will the sims ever get new careers, aspirations and traits?

Post edited by SimGuruDrake on
    What is your favorite kind of burger? What toppings does it have on it?
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    edited August 2016
    How long does it take from the beginning development stages to completion, to develop an expansion pack or major game feature?

Answered
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    mskube wrote: »

This they probably can't answer, because it relates to stuff in development ie future content. However, it does deserve a bug report. Before you report it however, try disabling your mods and custom content and see if that still happens. If not, a bug in a mod was probably the culprit. I have never had this happen in my game, though I have had Sims stand up to drink the beverage they ordered with their food. I do also "order for table" immediately after my Sims sit down.

I don't have any mods. I didn't think fixes would be considered new content but yes I did report it.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Would it be possible to add an option of "grab a drink together" or "call guests to drink" on objects like the drinks trays and drinks you make on the bar/coffee machine? Also, would it be possible to add an option of "order drink for Sim/group" on the Get Together barista bar like we can on mixologist bars? Many thanks! :smiley:
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    Hi team. I would really like to see spiral stair cases, round rooms and round roofs, are they going to be available in the future as an update or stuff pack? Maybe more lots added to our town's?
  • LuaEstevesLuaEsteves Posts: 1 New Member

Hello . The lack of story progression in The Sims 4 will be fixed someday?
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited August 2016
    wow so many question ^^'
    Did you made any mistake which had lead to a funny situation or new idea ? (like the creeper in minecraft who was supposed to be a pig at first)
    One Example Here
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited August 2016
    Who makes the pre-made sims that come with the worlds? Is there a team or just one person?
    How did you come up with the ideas for the dance moves in Get Together? They are super cute!
    Are there fx deer in Windenburg? This has seriously been plaguing me for ages!
    Who wrote all the relationship descriptors? Some of them are a hoot! "Sometimes your gut tells you it's all wrong. And then you tell that gut to be quiet." and Things started out friendly, but then it got weird..." in particular crack me up. :D
    *edited, opps sorry forgot the future content rule so deleted a question.

Answers Here
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    Why did you remove sim memory timelines from the game and mashed them up all together in the "screenshot manager"?

Would it be possible to code for more than one hospital crib to show up on the hospital when twins/triplets etc are born instead of a normal crib show up for the second baby?

Would it be possible to change happy's iddle face expression on sims so that it matches "fine" and make them smile only when they are "very happy"?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Well the game ever return to it's roots: a life simulator/sandbox?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    @simgurudrake why was "things u didnt know!" unstickied
  • AlexfrioAlexfrio Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! In what type of pack the larger chairs will appear??In a game pack por in a expansión pack?
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Would it ever be possible to stop townies from being generated, or from generating so often? An example being, what if I created a lot of Sims and added them to my world but didn't move them into a lot. Couldn't they then be used to take on the role of townies, or (as I imagine) is it a lot more complicated than that? Many thanks again. :)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Is it possible to bring back sleeping bags since we have Outdoor Retreat.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi Gurus! So my question is really simple (I think hahaha). How many people are in the "Patch" team? And do they have a "limited budget" to produce new things to the game for free? Thank you for this thread, it's really good to see that you guys want to increase the relationship with the players. :)<3

Answered
    he/him
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top