Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather expansion?????????????????

I'm pretty positive someone has already covered this topic prior but does anyone know if there's a chance of a Weather expansion pack in the works? It was my favorite one for the Sims 3.

Comments

• Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    I'm sure they're making/thinking of a seasons/weather expansion! I know a lot of people like/liked it from the Sims 3 so it would be weird for them not to.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Sara74469 wrote: »
    I'm sure they're making/thinking of a seasons/weather expansion! I know a lot of people like/liked it from the Sims 3 so it would be weird for them not to.

Totally agree. Just here to add that we got Sims 2 Seasons two and a half years after launch, and it was three and a half for Sims 3 Seasons, and we're just approaching two years. I really really really want weather, but not holding my breath it'll be soon. That said, if it's going to end up soon, and you have ideas on what you want, maybe there's still time to get them into Ideas Corner :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello @LolaSurf101
    Seasons EP would be great in the game!

Welcome to the forums! Just a little information for you. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I for one want seasons/weather back. I had stated that back when I had commented how beautiful Windenburg would look covered with snow. Can you think of more beautiful setting for a Christmas Village than Windenburg in winter? ;)<3

• ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2016
    I wonder sometimes if Seasons could be a game pack. Weather effects and some basic "things to animate" for each season. They can add speciality packs for the seasons in DLC SP's - (which would have already started with Spooky Stuff and Backyard Stuff (IMO). I like that idea. Save those sports objects we've gotten twice for a Sports EP or something lol.

If it does not fit into a GP theme, (which I feel it would if holidays were left as SP's - they could patch in the "holiday" thing easily for all to have if they purchase one of those SP's. We already have an SP that goes with Summer & Fall. I'm sure a Winter one is on the way.

I just think stripping Seasons down to it's core (weather effects, animations to interact with weather) would fit in a SP. There were 12 different yoga poses and 3 different other objects with animations in Spa Day. So, animation wise, I feel it would work out. Dine out must have plenty of new animations.

Most of the Sims 2 and 3 Seasons - was mainly "stuff" to fill it up. Recall - mainly objects.

I don't want to see Seasons an EP again if it could be developed within a GP - let SP's add to the seasonal game play. (Thus affording the user the choice if they want holidays, and such in their game).

Anyhoo - if it is an EP, I hope it's Nature themed instead and they take it to another level (flooding, broken windows, wind damage, torandoes. Yes Tornadoes. Spin Bella up and down and let her land on the yard upside down like the old school comical Sims game. They don't *have* to loose their lives. lol I mean if a cow plant can eat ya.... what is so bad about a tornado? lol I always felt it was just the Sims studios way of saying "do you know what kind of coding that would take" LOL

Hey someone who tweets the guru's can you tell Graham Conclue says please bring us back the seasonal lot marker again when those packs do come about) LOL I literally dreamed of that ability during the Sims 2 day. It's by far my favorite addition ever to Seasons - lol *EVER*.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No, it's not in the works.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

How would you know? do you work for EA?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    BabySquare wrote: »

Your second question to Sigzy05 is a bit harsh. Sigzy05 could very well be right or wrong about this.

sunman502 wrote: »

Your second question to Sigzy05 is a bit harsh. Sigzy05 could very well be right or wrong about this.

I don't see how it's harsh. Yes, they might be right, but without any actual proof from the sims team, such statements are just our opinions/theories, which, if you look at the wording, you'll see that they presented that here as if it's a fact, which is what I'm getting at in that post - too many people present their opinions as if they're facts any not only is it annoying but it can also be misleading.

I don't see how it's harsh. Yes, they might be right, but without any actual proof from the sims team, such statements are just our opinions/theories, which, if you look at the wording, you'll see that they presented that here as if it's a fact, which is what I'm getting at in that post - too many people present their opinions as if they're facts any not only is it annoying but it can also be misleading.
    When you step back, and take a look at your second question to Sigzy05 from a third person's point of view. Your second question can seem a bit harsh, even when you don't.
    As far as Sigzy05's response goes. You are right, all they have is an opinion/theory with out any proof or a source from a SimGuru to back it up. Which is why in most cases here, some of us ask the Simmer making such theory for a link to the source that they are getting this from. Rather than flat asking them if they work for EA or Maxis. Asking them to share a link to the source of where they are getting this info from is a much politer way of going about to getting your question answered.

When you step back, and take a look at your second question to Sigzy05 from a third person's point of view. Your second question can seem a bit harsh, even when you don't.
    As far as Sigzy05's response goes. You are right, all they have is an opinion/theory with out any proof or a source from a SimGuru to back it up. Which is why in most cases here, some of us ask the Simmer making such theory for a link to the source that they are getting this from. Rather than flat asking them if they work for EA or Maxis. Asking them to share a link to the source of where they are getting this info from is a much politer way of going about to getting your question answered.

Fair point. I did not intend for it to come across as harsh; I was in a bad mood at the time of posting which didn't help.
    I've seen a lot of people post, in a very matter-of-fact way, very precise predictions on what is/isn't being worked on, what will be released and when etc, so many times on this site, and such posts, whether they intend them too or not, appear for all the world as if they're stating an established fact when they're not, and I just wish people wouldn't do it. I can't be the only one who's fed up of it.
  • LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    I don't think we are going to get a real Seasons style expansion. It's just some gut speculation. Maybe we will get a couple weathers, maybe a winter neighbourhood or something, maybe winter and summer. Something like that. I would be truly and pleasantly surprised to see a full Seasons like we have in the past. It would be an unprecedented amount of content being added at once for Sims 4 - I just can't see it.

Fair point. I did not intend for it to come across as harsh; I was in a bad mood at the time of posting which didn't help.
    I've seen a lot of people post, in a very matter-of-fact way, very precise predictions on what is/isn't being worked on, what will be released and when etc, so many times on this site, and such posts, whether they intend them too or not, appear for all the world as if they're stating an established fact when they're not, and I just wish people wouldn't do it. I can't be the only one who's fed up of it.
    I knew right off that you didn't intend to be harsh. I knew that in the way that you had worded your second question. The way you have your second question was very minimally harsh, which suggests to me being the third person that you didn't intend it to be harsh to begin with.
    I have been a long standing member of this community for some time now. Long enough to actually be member right out of the gate on day one when I had stated posting on The Sims 4 Forums. So I have seen many times where some Simmers would post things, and pass them on as fact when they have no way to back-up what they are saying. And no, you are not alone in your frustration over this. I can promise you that much because I have read comments from other Simmers over the years where they were expressing their frustrations over this too. ;)<3

edited August 2016
    Good to know.

In terms of sales and keeping the community happy I think it would be in EA's interest to do a seasons EP, and one of the gurus did say on twitter recently words to the effect that there's nothing stopping them from doing it, although I don't see how it would work given the sky/moving clouds backdrop we've currently got.
  • Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm hoping that we will eventually see a seasons expansion since it was one of my favourite additions in Sims 2 and Sims 3 aside from the pets expansions. If we do eventually get it then I think the key is being patient since we seem to be going at a rate of about one expansion per year. I would actually be surprised if we didn't get a seasons expansion but I wouldn't be too put out if we didn't.
    I'd be really disappointed if we didn't - Imagine how atmospheric weather could be in 4!

Until they start advertising for the next EP they are solely working on EP3, because when they do it'll mean the EP is pretty much done. And EP3 won't be Seasons.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited August 2016

Totally agree. Just here to add that we got Sims 2 Seasons two and a half years after launch, and it was three and a half for Sims 3 Seasons, and we're just approaching two years. I really really really want weather, but not holding my breath it'll be soon. That said, if it's going to end up soon, and you have ideas on what you want, maybe there's still time to get them into Ideas Corner :)

Yes, but they started working on Seasons and Pets since the beginning of TS2 to the point where the BG would have rain if it weren't for bugs. Developers have stated that they weren't working on either a few months back which could mean a lot of things.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    I wonder sometimes if Seasons could be a game pack. Weather effects and some basic "things to animate" for each season. They can add speciality packs for the seasons in DLC SP's - (which would have already started with Spooky Stuff and Backyard Stuff (IMO). I like that idea. Save those sports objects we've gotten twice for a Sports EP or something lol.

If it does not fit into a GP theme, (which I feel it would if holidays were left as SP's - they could patch in the "holiday" thing easily for all to have if they purchase one of those SP's. We already have an SP that goes with Summer & Fall. I'm sure a Winter one is on the way.

I just think stripping Seasons down to it's core (weather effects, animations to interact with weather) would fit in a SP. There were 12 different yoga poses and 3 different other objects with animations in Spa Day. So, animation wise, I feel it would work out. Dine out must have plenty of new animations.

Most of the Sims 2 and 3 Seasons - was mainly "stuff" to fill it up. Recall - mainly objects.

I don't want to see Seasons an EP again if it could be developed within a GP - let SP's add to the seasonal game play. (Thus affording the user the choice if they want holidays, and such in their game).

Anyhoo - if it is an EP, I hope it's Nature themed instead and they take it to another level (flooding, broken windows, wind damage, torandoes. Yes Tornadoes. Spin Bella up and down and let her land on the yard upside down like the old school comical Sims game. They don't *have* to loose their lives. lol I mean if a cow plant can eat ya.... what is so bad about a tornado? lol I always felt it was just the Sims studios way of saying "do you know what kind of coding that would take" LOL

Hey someone who tweets the guru's can you tell Graham Conclue says please bring us back the seasonal lot marker again when those packs do come about) LOL I literally dreamed of that ability during the Sims 2 day. It's by far my favorite addition ever to Seasons - lol *EVER*.

Highly unlike. Seasons is a new and a big thing to the game, not a simple animation. Adding to that, loads and loads of new interaction. If we look into past game packs, they were nothing then what we already have, apart from items objects cloths and only a few animations and gameplay interactions: Outdoor Retreat only added the feature to take a vacation, which is nothing more or less then as an existing mechanic (from a basegame) to visit other lots and town; Spa Day adds only few interactions, objects, gameplay feature and one skill; Dine out new lot and everythin else like from SP. As it was said in the wiki: "Game packs are intended to be smaller than full expansion packs but larger than stuff packs.". I consider seasons stuff being too big and therefor irrelevant for a GP.

I would be pleased if they made holiday available to its EP, but I mind if more additional stuff were expanded onto SP.

Spa Day isn't a stuff pack, as I mentioned. Like I said, I'm pretty sure it won't fit - we are talking about an animation that is ON THE WHOLE WORLD, not an animation for a sim.

I would argue, but if you're right - pretty much every EP is all about mainly "stuff" to fill it up. Supernatural? Pets?

If you're talking about nature disasters that kill hundred of sim lifes - It's a no from my wallet. Broken windows? Be annoying to replacee it. As long as these things have a toggle option in the settings menu - EA, go for it!

Never tested them, but I do find that becoming usefull for me at one point. Yes, I would want them to bring that back too.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Conclue wrote: »

Seasons should be in an EP, so I don't have to repeat why as I said in my previous comment. As long the holiday costs with a reasonable price (which might never happen), I'm fine by that.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I think if we get seasons it'll be purely fx, you won't get wet, or cold, or too hot. It'll just be scenery.
    MocaJava wrote: »
    I think if we get seasons it'll be purely fx, you won't get wet, or cold, or too hot. It'll just be scenery.
    Then what would be the point of adding seasons to the game?

• shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    You know, I wouldn't even mind if they added weather through a series of game packs, one for each season. I just really miss seasons.