Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's still playing the Sims 1 from time to time?

SelSel Posts: 430 Member
edited February 15 in Nominated Threads
I've been loving it recently, when I'm playing I just feel like I'm in a totally different time period or something :D Anyone else feel that way? :)
dbqzdeuy1w4dz67qw.png
Origin ID: Selxna
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    Definitely!
    Bluefunk_3934-Jul.-31-10.12.jpg
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • SimsMastergirlSimsMastergirl Posts: 179 Member
    Man I use to have TS1 Collector's Edition with everything but it's long gone... and to get my hands on one would cost lots of money... but if I had it I would. The simplicity yet fun of TS1 was part of my childhood :smiley:
    tumblr_mrvfonTRwm1rp3b5eo1_500.gif
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    Man I use to have TS1 Collector's Edition with everything but it's long gone... and to get my hands on one would cost lots of money... but if I had it I would. The simplicity yet fun of TS1 was part of my childhood :smiley:

I downloaded ts1 and all expansions online. I don't think it's that bad since EA wouldn't make any money if you purchased used versions on E-bay or something like that, since it's not being produced anymore. (altho I understand if someone's not comfortable doing that)

and yeah i love it mostly because of the simplicity! :D sadly never had it as a kid, i'm a bit too young i'm more of the sims 2-3 generation :D
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Sel wrote: »

I downloaded ts1 and all expansions online. I don't think it's that bad since EA wouldn't make any money if you purchased used versions on E-bay or something like that, since it's not being produced anymore. (altho I understand if someone's not comfortable doing that)

and yeah i love it mostly because of the simplicity! :D sadly never had it as a kid, i'm a bit too young i'm more of the sims 2-3 generation :D

Or paid full price for them way back when...
    Yes, I also DLd a torrent for it. My computer stopped excepting installation a few EP disks in. I even tried to install all my disks on hubby's pc - same problem.
    EA is no longer making profits or supporting the game, so no harm no foul in my book. ;)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    @Anmirla yeah, i heard it was pretty much impossible to install it via the old disks for some newer systems, so downloading it might be the only option for some people :)
  • RosedustRosedust Posts: 41 Member
    I actually found the complete collection on Amazon for around 20 bucks about six months ago. So do not regret that decision! Originally I only had Sims 1 when I was a kid but my friend had all of them. I wish the newer games had some of the items the original did. I miss the spa tub where I could get mud baths lol!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I wish I could, I don't have it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    I still play! I have the Complete Collection that I bought when it was first available eons ago. I love it, it makes me happy. All the sounds and animations kick me right in the feels every time. I'm glad people still play it, and was absolutely shocked when I found so much cc still available for it online. A lot of the websites I used to go to for 2 and even 3 are long gone.
    Rosedust wrote: »
    I miss the spa tub where I could get mud baths lol!
    I have a picture of that, from when my sim was being stalked by an obsessed fan. :)
    SimampOzzy.jpg
    That doesn't look like mud in the tub though- maybe it was a sulphur bath or something? :p
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    omg the obsessed fan reminds me that there was also a jon bon jovi NPC in the sims 1!! that's so crazy i gotta go find him next time i play :D
    I have a pic of Jon Bon Jovi- he's the one on the far left with the yellow star above his head:
    Sim_Fame01.jpg

My sim didn't like being a superstar though, the fan followed him everywhere and so did the tragic clown!
    Sunny_Vacation.jpg
    :o
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    I play sometimes, and I really enjoy it, mainly because it is a lot easier to play the more recent games. I love playing with Unleashed and Hot date :)
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • RosedustRosedust Posts: 41 Member
    simsample wrote: »
    That doesn't look like mud in the tub though- maybe it was a sulphur bath or something? :p
    If I remember correctly it had several options. A milk bath, a sulfur bath and a mud bath.
    @simsample that's so funny, i love superstar :D i like that it's a bit more "realistic" (if you can call it that in the sims) than for example late night or showtime from ts3 :D
  • marx13marx13 Posts: 48 Member
    Yes!!! The simplicity is extremely refreshing. This is coming from someone who still plays Bustin Out though lol (they still bang and makes me feel all nostalgic for the early 00s).
    @bluegayle_ same, i play all 4 games as well :D it's so much more fun because they all have different features and different stuff i love about them :smiley:

Also, that's too bad you don't have time :/ Hopefully you'll get some time to to play soon :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @simsample

Your pics of Sims 1 are stunning to say the least how the heck do you manage to get such good graphics? no matter what I tried when I first installed 1 on my windows 7 OS the graphics of the hood/world were fine but the sims themselves looked really weird so in the end I uninstalled everything 1 until after I paid for this new desktop upgrade for 2,3 and 4 series ( although it took me almost 4 days just to get my sims 2 graphics back to normal and I was beginning to despair) and then in the next couple of weeks my tech is putting together a laptop with all the right specs just for me to be able to play but you seem to have flawless graphics in every series so what is your secret I would love to know as I too wanted every series playable on one desktop :)
    @SPARKY1922
    Well I'm using a five year old Windows 7 PC for my sims games that I built, it has an Nvidia GTS 450 which was a modest card even back then! But it performs very well for the four Sims series, and I play SC4 and SC5 on there too. I would think that the blurry sims are more likely a problem with the way the Sims 1 is detecting or utilising your hardware, rather then a problem with the hardware itself. Someone had a similar problem over on MTS too:
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5011753#post5011753
    Perhaps try some of the suggestions there if you get the same problem again- I found that the Sims 1 looks crisper when displayed in a 1024x768 window, rather than in fullscreen mode. Also, I use a screenshot program for my screenshots rather than the in-game cameras, which helps. :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    @SPARKY1922 i think the sims 1 sims are *supposed* to look like that :D
    @simsample

:o a 450 card with graphics like that I cannot believe it lol I appreciate you may use a screenshot program but i doubt you could cover game blur up with that could you?

I have always upgraded because of sims 3 as I like to play in massive worlds and that needs decent hardware.

That was me on the thread you outline on MTS lol I had just got sims 1 and was dying to play it but just could not resolve the blur on the sim I tried everything and more but nothing made any difference so I uninstalled it with a view to trying again in the future but I think the graphics may be worse after this current upgrade so I am not even going to try..

I saved that thread on MTS so I could go back and post some pics when I finally got it up and running and just looking back over the thread now that was April so 5 months ago and still I have not got to play but I had to save up for this current desktop upgrade and then buy an old laptop with the right specs to play 1 which now the upgrade is paid off I can have the laptop in the next three weeks or so.

Thinking about that my PC tech does not really understand 3 games as he does not play and can never quite understand some of the hag we go through playing them on newer systems he says he is simply going to build the spec requirements on XP so I can play the game but I am worried he is going to underestimate the specs I may need and wondered if you could advise at all.

My tech just wants to make sure the laptop is up to hours of playing without negative effects because he knows when I start to play I wont stop for hours, knows me well :)

I remember when i first fired 1 up I loved the parrot, the volleyball that jet pack style machine etc and I adore those NPC's on the ice cream cart that actually sell your sims an ice cream :) I loved the massive sweet shops and the ski pipe etc. I have a list of mods and stuff I want to try especially as I think I saw a mod for a bodyguard something I wanted for sims 3 for so long and could never could never find one ..

that clown is really creepy and I hoped I would never find it my sims house, and I still cannot wrap my head around children not growing up. I am really looking forward to be able to try playing again soon :)
    @SPARKY1922
    Haha, I thought that must be you, but didn't want to assume! I'm playing Sims 3 at the moment, a world I made which has 162 lots and a lot of effects, and my old computer does just fine with it. I built the PC myself (specifically for Sims 3) and the only upgrades it has had recently are new hard drives (faster! :) ), but it does have great cooling as I have a decent CPU fan in there (with the best thermal paste) and a gaming case with extra fans. So it runs my large world with around 300 sims on 60-80 FPS with GPU and CPU under 60 degrees C, although in reality I throttle the framerate to match the game render rate (30FPS).

You are going to play Sims 3 on a laptop? Make sure you have one with good cooling, as heat could be a problem! You'll need a good graphics card too- one with seperate memory, not integrated. This forum is a good place to look for help with that- try posting a question there, as some knowledgeable people might answer you! :)
    http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=563
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    @simsample

Okay well not understanding everything you have said re PC set up but know I have a great cooling system and extra fans because my sims 3 games have always run a little too slowly for my liking with a grayed out look on load/screen change bugged me but confess to a ton and mods and cc so which could also be the culprit..

I am not wanting to play sims 3 on a laptop just sims 1 and my PC tech just takes a look at the specs on the sims 1 collection box and says yes I can do that and I will make sure you can play for hours without burning the laptop out.... but I am worried because he does not appear to understand that where sims games specs are concerned we appear to need at least double the recommended requirement on specs lol

Having just paid an awful lot of money for this recent desktop upgrade I do not want to pay out for a laptop to specifically to run sims 1 and then find it not work out properly..so that's why I was asking advice about the laptop specs for sims 1 so I can have decent graphics in the game.

This recent desktop upgrade I have only played sims 2 to try and get that back under some sort of control testing/mods/CC and have not even attempted 3 because I also need to test the ton of mods and CC I had in the last game prior to the upgrade so that's on my next to check list..

I keep asking myself where does it end and in what month I have money to spend on something other than PC parts and upgrades-)

edited August 2016
    @SPARKY1922 i'm pretty sure even the cheaptest and weakest "modern" laptop can handle the sims 1 without any problems, i mean there's some flash games that are heavier on your PC than sims 1 lmao :smiley:
    sims 1 specs are 233 MHz for the CPU and 32MB ram..! :D
    Also, I feel the struggle... recently upgraded my PC to play the sims 3 with my unreal amount of CC :$ Been playing on my laptop before that, and while it's pretty good (I was pretty much able to play with the highest resolutions with no problems), the screen was always kinda pixelated and after a while the loading times were too long because of CC :/
    Hopefully your desktop will work fine for TS3! :)
    Sel

For some reason i cannot @ before your name as it simply will not work for some reason..

I said the same thing to my tech re the laptop specs and while he pretty much agreed with what you are saying but he worries more about me burning a laptop out with lengthy play sessions lol Don't get me wrong when it comes to building PC's and the like hes fab but has no idea much about sims games so if something does not work between the game and PC upgrades hes not much good :)

The only reason I ever worry about specs ( even sims 1-) is because I started the sims games with 3 and experienced many problems eventually coming to the conclusion that the recommended PC specs were a joke so had my first desktop build and then game played better however when the series ended and I started learning/adding mods/cc of course it made a difference to loading times etc so another upgrade now I always think with sims specs double it then add some more just to be sure :)

It has also taken me a while to get good graphics back with 2 and I am having to painstakingly go through all my mods/cc and then I will fire up 3 it almost feels like a job :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top