Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Practice Challenges ☆☆

Comments

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    edited August 2016
    @chips46 feedback for Challenge 4, all parts
    UFO Pod House

Firstly I must say this looks amazing, I love the shapes and there is a ton of them.
    I have to say I am sure I am not going to find much wrong with this build as you have improved so much since you first started doing the comps.

Part 2: House Exterior, Patio and Roofing
    I love the roofing on this house its not to complicated yet looks very impressive and great roof decorations with all the satellite dishes.

The patios are amazing I love the detail in the decoration. The flooring with the fencing and lights is super creative and very effective look for your theme.
    When I asked for patio activities I never expected a swimming pool haha, I love it
    The only issue I found with it is the diving board placement under the ceiling as my sim looked quite funny diving out of the building, but it is usable so its not that big of an issue.

chips46%204%201.jpg

As for decorations I love your creativity with combining objects
    With these plants I probably would suggest to not over do it and leave the House Rubber starter kit out as the leaves sticking through the bamboo looks a bit messy

chips46%204%202.jpg

You have gone crazy with the decoration which I love especially for a build with a weird theme. The only object that confused me was the eye chart on the exterior of the house haha but who knows for aliens that maybe normal. I really love the mirrors on the walls behind the lights they look amazing.
    I also love all the added greenery to the exterior, I find and it maybe personal preference the glowing wall coverings to be a bit over powering if to much used but you added so much decoration that they look great.

Part 3: Interior design
    Wow I love it, so perfectly decorated for your theme and so many creativity decorations
    The laundry room is amazing I love the how you made an ironing board with the shelving

I can not critique this at all your attention to detail is amazing, decoration is amazing, your creativity is amazing and it all flows really well

Part 4: Landscaping

Again with the rest of the house the landscaping is gorgeous, I love the creative fountain feature in the middle and the designs with the fountain shapes really fits your shapes of the house

I did find a unkempt shubbery sticking into fencing and a nitelite deposit sticking into the smooth keeper fencing so just be careful with them.
    But considering how much gorgeous plants and decorations you had through out they are nothing. Amazing detail again I love all the colors and use of the deposits and gems. Oh and loved that there was some gardening plants also.

Overall wow @chips46 this was an amazing effort I think you should be teaching rather than asking for feedback haha
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • soulfullsoulfull Posts: 104 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for your feedback!! I appreciate your comments and your time in evaluating my build!!
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi @Cbear13 This strange build that I've created gave me a roller coaster ride like you would not believe because I kept on changing things and I had to extend the third floor out a bit so I can have that roof design so all the lines connected properly.

Oh yes the pool I did not know what activities to put there so I wanted to try out the pool as I hadn't built a pool on a patio before so now I know what to look out for when and If I do build another patio pool again and your sim gave me the giggles that must have hurt ouch! hope she's ok.
    When I tested the diving stand without the top floor on It was fine I guess that's where you catch us out I did not check with the next level up something to look out for next time.

You got me yes I'm crazy about decorating as you can tell I'm addicted to it . And that eye chart did not realize the name of It which I don't take any notice what things are called I just look at shapes or with weird writing on It so that's why I put that in there or maybe the aliens use that for decorating on their house like the bowerbirds.

With the landscaping I had no idea how to do this one It took me three days to work this one out so It would go with the theme of the build as I like It to be different than any other landscaping that I do in my builds, so I looked at the square flooring It gave me an idea and that"s how It turned out the way It is.

Thanks for this challenge as I've learnt so much with this and you would have caught me out with the double bed as I only check one side of it and the other side was unusable something was blocking the sim path so it pays to check both sides of the double bed.

You want me to teach so I'll make you all go crazy like me haha very funny! @Cbear13 I think I'll leave teaching up to you and this challenge was a lot of fun to do. Thanks again for this. :)

Post edited by chips46 on
    @chips46 well it was well worth the time you put into it because its amazing
    Come to think of it I cant remember if I tested the bed, some things do get past me lol
    My sim is fine she had a bit of an unslightly bump on her head for a few days and she was acting a bit strange but seems to have returned to normal now :)
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Wow, @chips46 Your UFO house is really amazing!!
    @Cbear13 I was in my final round of sim testing so lucky I did check the other side of the double bed before I up load it to the gallery and every thing does work for once.
    Thanks @popettypop2012 that was a crazy build that one but in the end it tuned out ok.
    @soulfull I havent forgotten about you sorry life been hectic and Ive had so much judging to do lately, I will try get to your feedback this week :)
    @Cbear13 No worries dear! o:) It's ok!! I am a very patient person. I value all the lessons that I am learning & understand the demands of life. Take your time dear. I'm the one benefitting!! :)
    edited September 2016
    Sorry for the delay everyone

Challenge 5: Roofing feedback

Ok so I finally got time to sit down and have a good look at the roofing challenge entries in game, as I said before I wont be doing an indepth feedback on these. The challenge was basically to get people to experiment with roofing and I am just having a closer look at them to make sure that the joins and roofing pieces are neatly created.

@VioletRed
    I love how all your rooves are completely different shapes and you did a great job using several pieces. I also love that you combined some fencing with them. Great using the larger friezes to. Next would be to practice with using some decoration on roofing. Great job they are such creative shapes.

@lisi_ja
    These are awesome I love your use of other objects as decoration, very creative.
    The green roofing is very strange and unique the only thing I would suggest with this one is the fencing you used around the edges sticks through the pieces of roofing which looks a bit odd, maybe using a smaller type of fencing which doesn't go through the roofing would of been cleaner. You also could of used a bigger roof trim if you were to change the fencing to a smaller one.
    Other than that they are all clean and look amazing.

@chips46
    Your rooves they are all very clean lines and look great, great job using so many pieces of roofing on some of them. The only comment I can make is on the one with the large orange trim is that each piece of gabled roof is a different height which is a bit odd looking as there is 2 really low ones then 2 a bit higher and so on
    I would of matched up the heights a bit better, it was only really the two really low ones that looked a bit odd.
    Other than that I love what you did with each of them great designs

• lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    Thank you for the feedback, dear @Cbear13 ! <3
    @soulfull feedback for Challenge 1, part 1
    QCPractice Challenge

Firstly I love what you did with the mailbox, very pretty with the fencing and flowers. I would of placed it closer to the center of the front near the main path to the door as I feel its a better position for mailboxes where sims enter and walk past.

Terrain paint: Adorable I love the stepping stone look and great detail spacing them out. Also the terrain paint around the garden beds looks very natural I love that you mixed the sandy tones with the dirt.
    The veggie patch also looks wonderful with the pathing terrain paint.

Gardenbeds: They looks great they are so full of color with a great mix of flowers and rocks, I would be really careful with the rocks and plants up next to the house walls they look to be sticking into the walls which is unrealistic, in the main challenges we would take points off for this.
    So when placing them hold the ALT button down to move them away from the walls enough that they don't look like they are sticking into them.
    You can see in the picture the look from above that most are sticking into the wall, I moved them slightly away in the after pic
    Also one other thing in the picture you will notice which I forgot to fix was flowers/leaves sticking out of solid rock while we dont mind it if its slight some are obvious and look to be growing out of solid rock
    In the picture you can see the orange Lupin sticking out of the center of one of the rocks

soulfull%201%201.jpg

This is also the case when placing exterior lights through the gardens make sure they arent sticking into plants or vica versa, as can be seen in the picture above the white moonflower light is sticking into the molten flowers.

The memory wood stump near the pond also looks to be sticking into solid rocks, there is quite a few issues with sticking into rocks and objects I wont list them all, but its ok a lot of people aren't aware that we critique that when judging. We like the builds to look as realistic as possible with placement.
    Common areas we find plants and rocks sticking in other things are against walls and fences so just be aware when placing plants and such near them.

Your creative tree combined with the Agave plant and boxwood shrub is awesome I love seeing creativity with combining objects to make new ones, only thing i would comment on is that it looks like the agave leaves are sticking out of the wood branches but this is where its a fine line on whether we would critique it or not. I would probably let that one pass as its not that obvious its really the obvious ones we will pick on.

Did I mention the veggie garden is adorable with the terrain paint lol just incase I didnt there it is again.

The exotic fronds look great lining the rounded fencing though there is a few leaves sticking through the wood on the fencing so again be aware of placement and use ALT to move them away slightly. Here is a very obvious picture of what I mean with the potted gumdrop sticking into the fencing

soulfull%201%202.jpg

Very nice little bbq area oh and cute veggie garden lol.

Ok the pond, this looks fantastic so natural looking
    I love that you decorated the flooring, now this is one area we wouldnt critique things like rocks sticking through the walls or other objects as naturally you wouldnt see the other side of the wall. If it was a pool different story but as its a natural pond its ok. Its also great that the pond is accessible still to swim in

I love the little hidden seating area at the side of the house, again careful with placement as the table is sticking into the fencing

soulfull%201%203.jpg

I really hope you continue because the garden and landscaping is adorable and Id love to see it finished
    If you do go onto the next part try fix up the placement through the garden also and I can recheck it
    @Cbear13 Yes ma'am! Thank you so much for your feedback!!! I thought I looked carefully; thank you for improving my eye on things! I will definitely go back, reassess & make corrections; as I do want to continue on with the next portion of the challenge.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I actually started on the first practice challenge but i guess im a bit backwards because i cant do any garden work at all if i havent done the roofing and exterior haha
    edited September 2016
    @Cbear13 ive uploaded the lot in the gallery. you can prob find it at my gallery, Amiiss or with the #quialitycontrolpracticechallenge1
    @WiggleyTuff Welcome I am new to this as well! I haven't been on here in a bit. However, I have been practicing because I am not that great with roofs, & exterior home design.
    @WiggleyTuff Welcome!! I am new to this as well. I haven't been on in awhile; however, I have been practicing. I am not very good at home exterior design & roofing.
    @WiggleyTuff so sorry I must of somehow missed your post saying your lot is in the gallery, there is a form like an entry form to fill in and post with the links on the page with the challenges. It helps me keep track of peoples builds and entries for feedback
    If you fill it out I will try get your feedback done asap sorry I missed the post
    @Cbear13 its okay haha i forgot this too, ill fill the forum as soon as possible
    Origin ID: Amiiss
    Challenge/Part no: Challenge number 1, part 1 and 2.
    Lot name that you built on: Asphalt Abodes (i think)
    Would you like feedback (must supply gallery link if yes): yes
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8F64C27E75BA11E684C0C664801CF474?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Amiiss&max=50&maxis=false
    Pictures: Have none, still issues finding my screenshots haha
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Your home for Challenge 1 looks great! @WiggleyTuff :) Very nice roofing! It looks very nice how the windows have been placed in the build on the front exterior wall. The water fountain and flowers feature in the front garden looks very pretty! It looks great how the terrain paint has been used for the front pathway. Very nice backyard gardening nook! It looks great how the hedging has been placed there to create an alcove for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes. Very nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the umbrella covered table in the outdoors air.
    The home is looking very nice :)
    Thank you @rosemow
  • monkeyjen75monkeyjen75 Posts: 22 Member
    [quote

QC Competition Guide
    Welcome to the QC Competition Guide, we hope this guide is helpful for you to understand what the judges look for when judging your entries. We find a lot of new people that enter competitions really don't know whats expected of them and it can make them quite nervous. So hopefully this will answer most questions you may have, but please don't hesitate to message or post any questions you may have to any of the judges.
    [/quote]

HI - I have read this and the current challenge... Can you use CC or no? Thank you.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Sorry @monkeyjen75, theres No CC in the QC Comps
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Well you could use CC but then @Cbear13 wouldn't be able to download your build and give you accurate feedback if you upload it. If you just want to do the practice without the feedback and share you photos you could use CC then @monkeyjen75 but, that's entirely up to you! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top