Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

2...Next

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I doubt that there will ever be a "Generations" pack for TS4 and find it more likely that they'll spread out Generations content throughout different expansion packs. We'll see. I love the idea of a community centre. Life in the City has the potential to give Teens more gameplay too... Really anybody lives in a city, so it could be anything. Hope we get more info soon.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited August 2016

I'd look at GT and go from there with what to expect-

From it we had:

Grouping- DJing- Dancing expansion- Cafes- Closets- with Associated Build Items and a world.

So, I'd pick five or six things you'd think would fit into "city life" and fill them in in descending order of difficulty.

Personally I might expect:

Political mechanics (maybe with the politian career track) in the vein of the Town Life suggestion (or whatever it was called from the survey) to set laws and so on and hopefully have some control over the current public space surrounding build lots to edit.

Apartments- unfortunately I expect the Sims 3 setup of one family living all alone in a massive skyscraper- HOWEVER, I am a creature of dreams and optimism so I have a hope that instead of going to a flat neighborhood set up like he have now you will chose a building that has five apartment "build lots" on differernt floors that you can chose from and populate. Instead of a neighborhood to jog through and "explore" you'd have the building itself and the typical plaza set up out front to use instead. I imagine (again because I am a fool that LOVES disappointment) that the building would have a common area gym, pool, club house and lobby at the least to visit w/o loading screens but counted as just part of your apartment space, kinda like the neighborhood garden in Willow Creek is now.

Public market/ possibly farmer's market style set up or street festival style set up- possibly (most likely at this point) without much ability to control aside from build style

Elevators (with WooHoo)

Associated Build Items possibly including spiral stairs (I doubt it), murphy beds, miniature kitchen appliances, new small scale storage options (smaller closet- without woohoo feature?)

World- Five neighborhoods possibly with fairly distinct themes ala- China Town, New Modern District, Older Industrial Area, Artist Zone (SoHo), Town/Row House area. Possibly "Mass Trans Subway" portals in the vein of LN, various small park areas (although maybe a large "Central Park" style park instead) It would be great if the neighborhoods actually connected in a real sense with maybe a hub park in the center and the different zones branching out from there, even if reaching the border of one zone and entering the next meant going through a loading screen BUT I think you should be able to see "China Town" from say the "Soho" and walk to it.

Anyway, that's my theory... OH and "nighttime career ladies of the street"! I think it'll have "nighttime career ladies of the street"! I hope it has _"nighttime career ladies of the street"... it should have "nighttime career ladies of the street". That's actually my number one wish for the above. Thanks for reading.

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    It would be amazing, if our teens would be able to sneak out again like in Sims 2 and they can get arrested, if unlucky
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Better have proper playgrounds, ones next to the apartments.
    giphy_1.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Anyway, that's my theory... OH and "nighttime career ladies of the street"! I think it'll have "nighttime career ladies of the street"! I hope it has _"nighttime career ladies of the street"... it should have "nighttime career ladies of the street". That's actually my number one wish for the above. Thanks for reading.

Lol! Just one random haycart alongside that would totally sell that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Generations? I don't think so, no. I think if it's City themed, it should focus on street performers, hotels and apartments and combinations of those in one building would be VERY interesting and innovative so I don't think they will do that :grin: I'm actually really excited for the theme and I hope it's not underwhelming. I hope it will have:

-Apartments or the introduction of multiple households on a single lot, like the system put in place in TS2 AL
    -Street performers: Break dancing, human statue. And the return of Mrs. Crumplebottom
    -Street pubs and street restaurants: Food carts+ Pubs and restaurants open on the sidewalk (part of tall buildings in the city)
    -Metros/Cars/Transportation: Even if it's just decoration
    -Underground/Hidden Group or society to join. Rebels/Artists or secret society you could impress and join and access a hidden lot.
    -Vampires done right: very rarely spotted and you wait for the countess or such in different lots to be able to become one. Not as common as they were in TS3. Could be a fun secret society.
    -A central park kind of lot, HUGE, has "seasonal" events in it. You could get a call that there's a specific event happening there (performance or such) kind of like the Parks in TS3 Seasons. It would be cool to have the city be bustling and moving and not feel like a ghost town.
    -Elevators
    -Murphy beds/Bunk beds
    -Mini fridge
    -Spiral stairs

An EP like Apartment life would be a dream.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »

My problem is, we don't have proper play grounds now. I played S2 yesterday to remember how apartments were doe in it, and I noticed all the play areas for kids. They had swings, merry-go-rounds, slides and that two story play structure. All we have now is the pirate/space ship and jungle gym bars both I like very much but the ship seems so big and to have one at every play area would make it less special. When I was a kid, you had to go to McDonalds or somewhere to play on something like that. All we had was a swing set with two swings, a slide and one of the gliders with two seats. But I guess a pirate ship next to an apartment building is better than nothing.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

My problem is, we don't have proper play grounds now. I played S2 yesterday to remember how apartments were doe in it, and I noticed all the play areas for kids. They had swings, merry-go-rounds, slides and that two story play structure. All we have now is the pirate/space ship and jungle gym bars both I like very much but the ship seems so big and to have one at every play area would make it less special. When I was a kid, you had to go to McDonalds or somewhere to play on something like that. All we had was a swing set with two swings, a slide and one of the gliders with two seats. But I guess a pirate ship next to an apartment building is better than nothing.

They could just add them
    giphy_1.gif
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

If i'm not mistaken TS2 had only swings in the base game, everything else was added with Apartment Life.
    tenor.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A kids play park pack with those other objects would be great IMO. I'd love a slide for a park and my pool.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Of course not, but I admire your optimism.