Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I uninstalled The Sims 4 and you should too.

DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
Well, after two years, I finally hit the uninstall button.

I'll try to make this short and sweet.

I've been playing since THE SIMS. I had the first game within a week of its release.

Each iteration of 'The Sims' has had positives and negatives. However, I feel THE SIMS 4 has just fallen flat and is the worst in the series.

The game has an unhealthy relationship with socialization and focuses WAY.TOO.MUCH. on the young adult life stage. Yes, we did get a kids stuff pack. But, that's ONE form of content release over two years. This is just an example. Children are pointless in this game. Teens are the same height as adults and aside from a few choice animations, function just the same as an adult.

I have become beyond frustrated with the content management and the content itself. Get To Work was a decent expansion until I realized employees did NOTHING and this was BY DESIGN. So, my enjoyment of that expansion lessened. Get Together was, in my opinion, a 🐸🐸🐸🐸-poor expansion that only made a base game function more complex. "Clubs" are glorified "Groups" and again, the focus is heavy on socialization and young adults.

Group Conversation looked great on paper, but in execution it does not work very well. Sims love to play musical chairs and still do, two years later. Yes, the sims talking in groups is wonderful, but it happens way too much and has not been retooled. Even with Dine Out, Sims love to get up when eating once in awhile. (The Gurus did "fix" the issue supposedly, by making Sims stuck in their seats.) How about we retool group conversation, since the mechanic is broken?

I did buy SPA DAY. And that pack is decent. I will admit that. But at its core, THE SIMS 4 is broken.

This, combined with the responses from Sim Guru Drake has just pushed me over the edge.

The Sims 4 is NOT a good game. Clearly. It has good points but needs so much fixing. But, Gurus think we want more stuff for our backyard. NO! This is NOT what we want.

So, I am no longer playing. I am no longer supporting this game.

And, if you want EA to really listen, you have to stop emptying your wallet for them.

Comments

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I modded it to the moon so I can make stories with it. If it was just the game itself, I'd have stopped long ago.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I've already thought about uninstalling sims 4 but I haven't yet. I have mods but the game is still boring to me
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am sorry to see that you are disappointed and decided to uninstall :(

Sadly sometimes even good games might eventually have a release which is not to your taste

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I haven't uninstalled it yet, but I have stopped buying/playing after Outdoor Retreat, so does that count? I don't know what I'm still doing here to be honest. Maybe part of me is still hoping this game will get better someday and that EA/Maxis will finally decide that my playstyle matters too. So far, it doesn't look promising.

Well every Simmer is welcome here as we are all one community :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I haven't uninstalled it, but I haven't played it in a while and I haven't bought anything for it this year either.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited August 2016
    Everyone, no matter who you are, is entitled to their opinion on what they can like, and what they can dislike. Bashing someone's opinion who has a different opinion than yours is quite messed up.

You need to speak for yourself; there are people, such as myself, who like more outdoorsy-type content.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited August 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Saw this comment coming...

Once again, the OP is not bashing anyone. They didn't say "People who play TS4 are a load of plummity plums". They just stated why they uninstalled and told other why they should (though of course, are not forcing anybody to do so)

The OP is telling people what to do, no matter if they like the game or not - they are, in a way, forcing people to uninstall the game.

The OP has also said that they think everyone thinks the Sims 4 is a bad game - it is false, as there are people that do enjoy the Sims 4 and like the game. There are also people that do not enjoy the Sims 4; everyone is entitled to what they can like and dislike. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    No need for the arguments in this thread :(

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if that means other players should be ordered to uninstall the game then that is crossing the line a bit.

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Meh, I uninstalled Sims 4 last October and gave up on it. I still play the older games and enjoy them, so that will have to do for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top