Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Packs Purchased Through eBay?

I bought two Stuff Packs through eBay. The seller basically sold me just the code for the SPs; I entered the code into Origin and downloaded and installed the two packs. I get occasional crashes (I had occasional crashed before I installed the SPs, too, actually). When I check with The Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer I get a message that says: Missing or Corrupt skuversion.txt file for both of the Stuff Packs. I've tried repairing the packs and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the packs.

I also get the message that the crash was caused by Incorrect Executable: expecting ts3w.exe got ts3.exe

I've done everything in the wiki to improve my game performance, I've added the Large Address Aware program to TS3 so that it uses all of my RAM but my game still crashes regularly. Also, while all my Mods are up to date, I still get a message every time that I start up my game saying that one or more of my Mods is *not* up to date (basically I'm just using NRAAS Mods, nointro, two Mods that allow custom name files and Velocity Grass' unlocked Simport rewards mod (because I am *not* doing Simport).

Anyone have any helpful ideas?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Yep, several.

First of all, if you installed these Stuff Packs using Origin then you are now on Patch 1.69. Not sure from what you have described if you were before, but there is no option to avoid that patch when installing anything TS3 related though Origin now (base game, EPs, SPs).

Crash Log Analyzer does not work on Patch 1.69. It analyzes for the wrong executable, hence those errors, and does not recognize the changed install hierarchy that comes with the Origin managed content on that patch, hence the skuversion.txt errors. There is an updated version of CLA out for Patch 1.69 but it does not correct any of these things. Had a chat with Zoxell, the developer who took over on that one, a few weeks ago when I continued to see all the complaints and it turns out he had no idea that Patch 1.69 does these things; his CLA fixes were entirely unrelated.

CLA should be set aside as it is just not going to analyze anything meaningfully when playing on that patch.

I don't know what you did with Large Address Aware. TS3 has been LAA all by itself since Patch 1.18 with no player involvement required.

The mod warning you are getting on startup means that you have a Core Mod that is not intended to run on Patch 1.69. There are only five Core Mods in popular use for TS3, so from the list you provided I am going to assume you have NRaas ErrorTrap from a prior patch level in play. The other NRaas mods and the few others you listed out are not that type. Core Mods have to match patch levels or else the player gets that error on startup.

Patch 1.69 version of ErrorTrap: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Patch169
    More information about Patch 1.69: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69

And finally, if you did accept this patch just now through Origin, it is possible that it damaged your game folder. Patches should never really be applied when one's game folder is in place (though I have to admit I forgot to remove mine half the time when patching this game through its history myself). If updating ErrorTrap doesn't stop the crashing, I would suggest pulling your TS3 game folder out of Documents to the Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to spawn a new one on its next launch and then see how starting a new test game on the clean folder goes for a while.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Thank you, @igazor! And here I thought I was being so smart by using Crash Log Analyzer. Well, hopefully it will get updated and I can grab the version that works.

I'm guessing that my problem is with the game update - I did NOT move my game folder while installing the Stuff Packs (and I should know better!). I will do as you suggest and hope that helps.

Thank you so much for all your help - EA really should pay you because you are frequently more help than their so-called customer support!