Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm excited about City Life but I was hoping for a Tropical Vacation

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
After seeing that picture last week of what looked like a new beach world and new items I'm kind of disappointed that isn'the EP3 but I guess it will be Gamepack 4.

It's probably better if we get a city ep first especially if it comes with cars so our sims can use their cars in the tropical location.

Still the thought of apartments excited me. For one they could add new items for the pools and elevators.

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I don't think we'll be getting any vacation destinations from expansion packs -- they will be in game packs instead.

My hopes for expansions at this time are ones that flesh out our Sims' lives within their already existing worlds. One thing I didn't like with TS3 was how World Adventures/Vacations came out right after the base game. I think the first few expansions should always focus on improving the base game core gameplay.
  • Options
    littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    Yeah, me too. I would like to see a tropical world as a home world rather than like OR. Cuz ever since I've seen Sunlit Tide in TS3, I've been wanting a tropical world in TS4. Hope they can do it again.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    It's probably better if we get a city ep first especially if it comes with cars so our sims can use their cars in the tropical location.
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 has drivable sims 4 cars and flyable space ships
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sim2Blade wrote: »
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 has drivable sims 4 cars and flyable space ships

Those are cc and just telephoto. I want cars that function like TS2 cars.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I think the beach art will come up in a new GP next quarter...just a guess
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It's not Generations, so my interest is automatically low.
    But apartments are one of my high interest features.

If apartment living is more fleshed out like in TS2 and if the economics of apartment living lets you play differently than home ownership, I might just buy it. More things to do in the world would be a plus too. Otherwise, it can wait like Dining Out, Backyard Stuff, and Kid's Room Stuff.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'm expecting vacation themes to come as game packs. I'm expecting a game pack and expansion pack by end of the year. Sims team needs to start putting out the content. I'm enjoying the stuff but the game is lacking in game play
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I don't think we'll be getting any vacation destinations from expansion packs -- they will be in game packs instead.

My hopes for expansions at this time are ones that flesh out our Sims' lives within their already existing worlds. One thing I didn't like with TS3 was how World Adventures/Vacations came out right after the base game. I think the first few expansions should always focus on improving the base game core gameplay.

This. I think so too CLP and I'm all for that to be honest with you because potentially we could get more of them period.

I had also wondered if they would ever start selling "worlds" like they did in Sims 3... as a DLC pack with special little venues :) That would offer more space to those who wish to purchase more space! But we'll see. I'm sure they've been very busy as of late regarding working on the focus of the game... so not too much pressure on this, but I would love to see it happen eventually.

That other really cool thing is that we know we have an awesome City world coming. I'm imagining with the FX abilities in this game, and the way it is designed (world decor) they could really make a city feel like a city. I'm quite excited to see what they have come up with. I'm sure it's awesome and I'm just hoping for several neighborhoods if they're going to be "themed". IT will be the perfect oppritunity to utilize that aspect of Sims 4's design.

If we could get 7 districts, potentially one of them could be on water front property. Look at what they did with Windenburg. They can really do some awesome stuff visually in the Sims4 that creates a nice touch. In reality, in Sims 3 everything a couple blocks away was always "not loaded" so none of that detail came through... and Sims were barely ever seen in the street. LOL

Really excited for this EPs announcement!!
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    Can you send me the link of that beach world? ( can you please send it as a message cause I can't see it when somehody quotes me)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    After seeing that picture last week of what looked like a new beach world and new items I'm kind of disappointed that isn'the EP3 but I guess it will be Gamepack 4.

Still the thought of apartments excited me. For one they could add new items for the pools and elevators.

No it won't.

We don't even know what that concept art refers to or if it's just something useless that has been thrown away. There is nothing that indicates that the concept will be GP4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'm hoping for a tropical vacation GP too, cat! Maybe it will be 4, maybe it will be later. :)