Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If city life ends up being the next expansion are you happy about that

Though its only a rumour the ones that end up on those sites and are removed usually end up true

How do you feel about it?

Personally as much as apartments and city clubs eating areas etc sound good im not sure if i would like them in sims 4

World sizes so far are small and it would be annoying if you got a loading screen between apartments

I think the small world would put me off the most theres no way it would be as big as bridgeport in sims 3

Of course i will wait to see if its actually confirmed and how it ends up but just off the rumours and knowledge of the games limitations im not sure if i would want it in sims 4

Comments

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Well, I am happy no matter what they add to the game as long as it is NEW.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    If they include some functional apartments (preferably where our sims can own them and/or just rent), add in rentals, etc., I'd be quite happy with it. If there aren't apartments, I'm honestly not sure how I'll feel about it--will depend on what they put in it.

Of course, after reading what was discussed at that panel at Gamescon, I'm thinking apartments need to be a Game Pack by themselves.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    YES! I've been wanting my Sim to live in a studio apartment for the past two years,
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    yesssssss very happy. as long as we get a new world and apartments. idc if it's a loading screen for each apartment as long as they aren't lik in sims 3, just a block of blackness
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I think so. I was hoping for a city world and TS2 style apartments. I need more details.
  • Options
    ashleymw981ashleymw981 Posts: 100 Member
    I would be happy if they throw in other features that we are asking for like pets. Why not combine pets and apartments or City life and seasons. I am just saying.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Depends on what exactly EA means by "city life". If it's nightlife, boygroups and celebrities, then no, thanks.
  • Options
    I would be happy if they throw in other features that we are asking for like pets. Why not combine pets and apartments or City life and seasons. I am just saying.

Because pets takes a lot of development to implement into the game.
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    i hope they bring back singing, and that we can start a band
  • Options
    lejoninna wrote: »
    i hope they bring back singing, and that we can start a band

I would love a band especially if every instrument was played individually and combined made songs
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I think it's true. How do I feel? I'm into anything city-focused! I'm hoping it will include Sims 2-style apartments, a Politics career (preferably an active one! an active Business career would be awesome too), rentals, somewhere for low-income Sims, and busier outdoor areas than Windenburg has. Anything else is gravy for me. Extra-awesome gravy for me, as a city-dweller, would be if the city felt like home does for me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Yes I am so pumped for any new content. They seem to be putting the effort into the tiniest details and I have been loving that lately.
    My wishlist, as others have already stated here, are:
    - the ability to rent
    - active political career
    - city transportation, like subways etc
    - no loading screens for apartments on the same lot (but if it ends up having them it's not a deal breaker whatsoever)
    - lively NPCs walking the streets

If I get all that:
    200.gif
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    Well, I am happy no matter what they add to the game as long as it is NEW.

For me it still needs to be good im not buying something just because its new

i'll happily skip expansions if i think i wont like it

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am actually quite happy with the theme! I think it has great potential and would massively improve the base game. Packs have been getting slowly better over time so I am excited for it. My perfect pack would include a vibrant city with different district (including like a Chinatown) and with robbers and darkness. Also, an active mayor career like in the surveys would be amazing and vampires, I miss my supernaturals!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I expected it to be the third EP despite my need for Generations.
    I also expect Generations to be the 4th EP, but we will see about that.

Apartments and world editing tools would get me to buy this EP, if the apartment living has depth like TS2 apartments and feels really different from home ownership, both economically and socially. Otherwise my refusal to buy any more add-ons continues until we get toddlers and pre-teens.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @CK213 That's what I am thinking. I think city life is EP 3 coming in fall and Generations will be EP 4 early next year
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    Although this isn't my first choice for the next expansion, I'm not too disappointed, and I think it could be fun. I'll reserve judgement until we see it, of course, but I enjoyed the city expansions from Sims 2 and Sims 3. I do hope that apartments are more like the Sims 2 ones. It was cool to get to live in a skyscraper, though. I'm really hoping that the city will be very lively.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    If they took there time with it, yes I would.
    giphy_1.gif