Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for Gamescom Q&A Panel

Comments

• HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    You know, perhaps @SimGuruDrake was talking about the community as a whole, not just the forums. How many times have you looked in the comments, replies, or whatever and just seen people saying "Where are Toddlers? This isn't toddlers, you guys are just wasting time on this pack." "Why didn't you announce Seasons? We want Seasons right now!" "This isn't Pets, you guys are seriously being so lazy right now."

I would consider some of that yelling... although there are chances that most of them don't know about the forums and that they can voice concerns here, the focus seems to be more about yelling and calling the team insults whenever they announce something they don't want.

But I would say that sometimes that can carry over to here. When @SimGuruDaniel responded honestly about how it would be unlikely for them to dd ocean swimming in existing worlds as they would have to make new terrain for it, nearly every post after the first page was pretty much just a form of "So you guys just don't want to do it then, pfft, during TS3 it was so easy for you guys, but now you can't? Give me a break!"

Take whatever subtext from that you will. I'm assuming that after yet another SimGuruDrake "controversy," as we've had one like, what, last month, we're going to get another one again probably around, let's say EP3's announcement time.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Ok well in that case *I* am attending next time, if I can get my avatar into the suitcase of someone who is going

I'll take your ava with me next time Inge :D

Thanks, but make sure I have my own room. I snore! :P
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Thank you for explanation @SimGuruDrake - some things are clearer now (though I still don't understand these laws :s ).
    And I'd like to assure you that there are lots of simmers who really enjoy and love the game. And we appreciate what the team is doing for the game (and for us).
    Yes, we don't like some things in the game and want something to be changed and something to be added. But nevertheless The Sims 4 is my favourite game and personally I am not going to give it up.
    Have a safe trip home.
  • ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    I don't get it. This whole influencers. No offence to the people invited to that meeting, but I don't know anyone of them.
    But I get it. I'm old and I'm not enjoying watching kids playing games on youtube and apparently that's how influencers looks these days. I have to adjust, ok.

But I can't understand how it is possible that I couldn't find single person from Poland attending that meeting? I mean - Germany is Polands neighbour. We have a lot of Influencers, awesome people which are just amazing but none of them was worthy of an invitation? It is really, really sad that Polish community is so discriminated. In my personal opinion it is really, really significant that EA refused to invite anyone from a country which was so close to the place where main event was held.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
    Well look, it's one plum of a lot better than calling them yibsims! At least the title is an honest description of what EA are hoping their role will be.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    So, I'm going to throw out a hypothetical situation at you all.

It is now summer of 2018. TS4 is still going strong. There's another 12 stuff packs, 4 GP's, 2 EP's (remember hypothetical) You know for definite that there are no toddlers. You were told a year ago that they weren't able to put them back in. Likewise, family play is much the same. Whole bunch of sims talking, not much doing. Lots more content. Culling is still there, a little better than it was at now 450 sims per game, because there's 3 new towns that came with packs. Relationship culling is also still prevalent. Maxis have not apologised, as such, but acknowleged what you perceive as their mismanagement. Ultimately, communication hasn't altered much. They still announce packs in the quarter they're coming in and don't talk much outside of it.

In that situation, where are you?

Have you made peace with it and are buying and playing, providing feedback on the content available?

Have you walked away, knowing that fundamentally, they're listening to your feedback but not much has changed, is changing or will change?

Are you happily playing away?

Something else?

I don't expect or mind if I get no response to this. I want people to consider, in that situation, where you'd be.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Influencer marketing had been around for a while - it's not an EA invention:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influencer_marketing
    To be honest, I would have been very happy to have The Sims 1 with 3D graphics. My real main frustration with TS4 is lack of CFE when building, and the behavioural system too obfuscated to do much in-depth modding.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited August 2016
    Shakuahi wrote: »
    I don't get it. This whole influencers. No offence to the people invited to that meeting, but I don't know anyone of them.
    But I get it. I'm old and I'm not enjoying watching kids playing games on youtube and apparently that's how influencers looks these days. I have to adjust, ok.

But I can't understand how it is possible that I couldn't find single person from Poland attending that meeting? I mean - Germany is Polands neighbour. We have a lot of Influencers, awesome people which are just amazing but none of them was worthy of an invitation? It is really, really sad that Polish community is so discriminated. In my personal opinion it is really, really significant that EA refused to invite anyone from a country which was so close to the place where main event was held.

I've a daughter. She's in her mid teens. She watches very little in the way of real television. All of her 'tv' watching is YouTube. She watches some who play games, some who live their lives via webcam and some who review products. The amount of times that she's asked me to get a demo or buy a game on Steam because she's seen somebody else playing it is amazing. She'd ask for more if I had a more recent console. She knows though that I won't buy her games that are too violent.

They've more influence than people think. To a game company (not just EA) that kind of marketing would be important.

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2016
    @SimGuruDrake Thank you for clarifying some of these things. Like I said before, I realize you alone cannot bend the rules and just tell us what we want to know, even if you did know. Which is why so many of us tried to stress the point that we do not blame you personally, and that we know that our frustration with these things isn't your personal fault. Again, when we criticize this game, we do not mean to criticize the people that play or the gurus that come on here to talk to us. We criticize the game, and yes sometimes EA for the way it tends to handle its franchises (not just this one). Just please remember that we say what we said in this and many other threads because we love the series, and because we still have faith in it. Also, if I should ever come across a bit condescending myself, or perhaps even seemingly hostile, please know that I'm a fairly emotional person with ADD who tends to write from the heart, doesn't always manage to structure the many things I want to say very well (which is why I go back to edit so often too ;)), and that whenever I sound a little harsh it's because I'm, just like you, very serious about the topic (or in this case, the game and where it's going). I never actually intend to be hostile. So with that, I wish you too a nice flight back and a lovely time at Disneyland.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top