Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~•~aricarai's DNA contact thread~•~Lilypink79~•~NEW Request~•~

Comments

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Cool dive bar @aricarai . Well done. Rec'd :smiley:
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    Great Dive Bar ....... very Dive looking ;):D , hope you had fun creating it, off to recommend now......P.S. Lovely to see
    Aricarai back again <3
  • PrincessJenPrincessJen Posts: 206 Member
    It's wonderful, Aricarai!!! Thank you so much! Can't wait to get a chance to get in game and check it out. :)
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    What a great bar Aricarai, I am sure Sim's are going to love hanging out getting their nectar on! Rec'd
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    The Whaler Inn is very nice! :) The exterior design of the venue looks great! The roofing and the wraparound porch looks very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior! The wall texture gives a great look and feel to the venue! It looks great how the bar counters area is set up. The overhead cabinets look great there! The corner nook sofa seating looks very nice. Sims will enjoy relaxing there. They will have fun playing pool , darts and listening to music through the wall speaker. Very nice windows music nook! Sims will enjoy playing the musical instruments together there. The type of windows used looks nice.
    The bar venue is very nice ! :)

Thank you so much for your lovely comments as always, rose!
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Cool dive bar @aricarai . Well done. Rec'd :smiley:

Thank you <3
    Glenkarri wrote: »
    Great Dive Bar ....... very Dive looking ;):D , hope you had fun creating it, off to recommend now......P.S. Lovely to see
    Aricarai back again <3

Thank you! I did have a lot of fun creating it and I'm so happy to be back in action!
    It's wonderful, Aricarai!!! Thank you so much! Can't wait to get a chance to get in game and check it out. :)

@PrincessJen - I'm so glad that you like it. I had a blast creating this for you. I do apologise that it took me so long to finish, but I hope it was worth the wait! ENJOY :)
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    What a great bar Aricarai, I am sure Sim's are going to love hanging out getting their nectar on! Rec'd

Oooh heeeey MJ! How are you? I've missed seeing you around here. Thank you for the lovely comment and rec! x
    Howdy do @StutteredScreams - I'm super excited to be working on your request. I absolutely luuuuuurve doing modern builds, so I'm totally looking forward to this one. It'll be a challenge for me as I usually use a lot of store content, but I do love a challenge and I can't wait to see what I can come up with you.

I'd just like to let you know that I do most of my building on a weekends, so please be patient with me.

If there is anything that you'd like to add to your request, just let me know. I do like to post sneak peeks as I go, but if you prefer to only see the final product, let me know!

Can't wait to get started for you!
  • StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2016
    aricarai wrote: »
    Howdy do @StutteredScreams - I'm super excited to be working on your request. I absolutely luuuuuurve doing modern builds, so I'm totally looking forward to this one. It'll be a challenge for me as I usually use a lot of store content, but I do love a challenge and I can't wait to see what I can come up with you.

I'd just like to let you know that I do most of my building on a weekends, so please be patient with me.

If there is anything that you'd like to add to your request, just let me know. I do like to post sneak peeks as I go, but if you prefer to only see the final product, let me know!

Hi there @aricarai thanks a bunch for taking on my request! <3

I'm glad that I am able to give you a little bit of a challenge, it's always good to be kept on your toes every once in a while. :p
    Worth noting that I do have a few SimPoints left over, so if there's one or two somethings that you really want to put in the build from the store I may just be able to do that. But I believed I summed up everything thing I needed to in my post, so directions wise aside from that I'm always up for interpretation, creativity, and surprises on your part!

Sneak peeks just make me even more excited to see the finished result, so please feel free to do your thing and post some snaps.
    Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try to respond asap. Thanks again! :smiley:

Oh and just in case you're interested, or it might help in some way, this is the sim that will be living in the home: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8980768
    Zpj9msL.png

I'm glad that I am able to give you a little bit of a challenge, it's always good to be kept on your toes every once in a while. :p
    Worth noting that I do have a few SimPoints left over, so if there's one or two somethings that you really want to put in the build from the store I may just be able to do that. But I believed I summed up everything thing I needed to in my post, so directions wise aside from that I'm always up for interpretation, creativity, and surprises on your part!

Sneak peeks just make me even more excited to see the finished result, so please feel free to do your thing and post some snaps.
    Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try to respond asap. Thanks again! :smiley:

Oh and just in case you're interested, or it might help in some way, this is the sim that will be living in the home: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8980768

Oooh, Freya is a very pretty Sim; she looks like a bit of a rockstar - I've rec'd her for you!

I already have an idea in my mind of how I think this build should go in order to fit Freya and her big pups! It'll probably change as it often does when I get into a build, but the inspiration is definitely flowing!

Oooh, Freya is a very pretty Sim; she looks like a bit of a rockstar - I've rec'd her for you!

I already have an idea in my mind of how I think this build should go in order to fit Freya and her big pups! It'll probably change as it often does when I get into a build, but the inspiration is definitely flowing!

Thank you, I'm really happy you like her. :smiley:

Glad to hear the inspiration and ideas are already flowing, I'm super excited to see what you come up with!
    Zpj9msL.png
    Oooh heeey @StutteredScreams - just had a quick question for you: Do you have any of the store worlds or any sets? Any that you'd really like?

@StutteredScreams - I also left you a question here
    Howdy do @StutteredScreams ! I've got some pictures for you. The exterior structure is complete (although I'm not sure about the exterior paint, so that may change). The interior rooms are laid out (although that could change too) and at the moment there are 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

Screenshot-713_zpsoljfjl7d.jpg

Screenshot-714_zps5kueal0x.jpg

Screenshot-715_zpsmrdcyids.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    The exterior design of your WIP looks very nice! :) Very nice layout of the build! The windows look very nice how they are placed in the build.
    Happy simming and building! :)
  • StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    Another great build, I really like The Whaler Inn. I'm sure my sims will enjoy visiting there :)
    edited October 2016
    Hi there @aricarai ! Sorry I missed you yesterday, I'll do my best to answer all the questions in this post so please let me know if I missed one! (:

The only store world I have is Riverview, otherwise I just use the worlds that come with the expansion packs I have. I'd love to have Sunlit Tides, it's so wonderful, but I don't have the SimPoints and am trying not to spend any more money on my Sims obsession lol.
    As for sets, I don't believe I have any in full but there are heaps I like of course. Unsurprisingly probably, I love all the different Travel & World Style sets, so the 'World Inspiration Compilation' really appeals to me. Others I really really like are the 'Adventurous Life!' and 'Island Escape Compilation' sets. As for the more regular/modern sets I absolutely adore all of the 'Ultra Lounge' sets, and the 'Eloquently Eclectic Collection' is super nice also.
    Of course the trouble with all of these is I don't have the SimPoints, or the money truthfully, to afford any of them. But since I do still have 1372 SimPoints left in my account I'm happy for you to spend that if you find something you'd really like to put in the home, just let me know which item/s to buy! :smiley:

Okay, now for the pool question the answer is really it's up to you! I do like the idea of a pool, but I don't necessarily mind if I don't have one. If you can fit it into the build nicely, then great, but if it's not working for you don't sweat it. ^-^

Now on to the pictures; the house looks awesome! :heart:
    I'm absolutely loving that the windows make the home look so open and light, as that is one of the things that I LOVE most about modern builds. The shape of this one is so quirky and fun, and the home looks like it has plenty of space for my sim and her dogs. I'm excited to see what you do next, and already can't wait to move on in! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Also worth noting, I'm currently trying to get my hands on the 'Island Paradise' expansion pack so I may have that in my game soon as well. Right now though I can't find it anywhere in Australia since most places are only selling The Sims 4 now, but if I just can't get a physical copy I'll most likely just buy the digital one as I've just realized it's the only EP I don't have. I don't know if that will change anything about the build, but I thought it best to let you know. :smile:
    I also just downloaded all of the free 'Holidays & Gifts' sets that I didn't own, so although I don't think there's much in there you would use, you can! Lol.
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams - thank you so much for all the information! I am going to try to get back into game tomorrow as I may have some spare time from work.

One more design question for you - do you prefer an open plan or defined areas layout?
    @StutteredScreams - thank you so much for all the information! I am going to try to get back into game tomorrow as I may have some spare time from work.

One more design question for you - do you prefer an open plan or defined areas layout?

Honestly I don't really have much of a preference on the layout, as I really like both styles! I find in modern homes the open plan is becoming more popular which is nice so you could work with that, but I also don't really like the homes much where it's too loose and it becomes basically one big room. So I guess you can say I'm somewhere in between lol.
    Either way I trust you'll make an amazing bachelor pad with whatever layout you think fits, so I'm happy to put the decision to you. :smile:
    Zpj9msL.png
    Hello @aricarai !
    A little update for you, as I've followed through and now own the Island Paradise EP! So, of course, feel free to use any of those new items if you'd like. :smile:
    Also I got a little random surprise gift today of SimPoints today from The Sims 3 website, so I now have 2372 to spend which may give you a little more options when it comes to store items.
    Thanks, Sam.
    Zpj9msL.png
    Hello @aricarai !
    A little update for you, as I've followed through and now own the Island Paradise EP! So, of course, feel free to use any of those new items if you'd like. :smile:
    Also I got a little random surprise gift today of SimPoints today from The Sims 3 website, so I now have 2372 to spend which may give you a little more options when it comes to store items.
    Thanks, Sam.

Oooh that's great news @StutteredScreams - I'll make sure that I add IP to the list and see what I can use :)
    Oh my @aricarai you sweet sweet soul, I just got the email notifying me of your gifts and was so surprised that I actually cried. Thank you so much. :') <3
    You did not have to do that but I definitely appreciate it, and I just can't thank you enough. You're already doing so much for me, and now with these gifts, it's too much really. I'm so happy, and cannot wait to play in Sunlit Tides. I'm now thinking Freya's going to have to do a big move before she gets her new house, her and her pups are going there new beautiful island paradise (lol). ;)

So now in return, what can I possibly do for you my dear? I know you probably have most of the store content since you do so much building, but is there anything you don't have that you really want? And if not store content, is there something else I could give or even make for you? I'm not much of a builder, and I'm horrible at pets, but I could totally give making you a sim a crack if you feel like having someone make you something for a change. Let me know! :smiley:
    Zpj9msL.png
    Oh my @aricarai you sweet sweet soul, I just got the email notifying me of your gifts and was so surprised that I actually cried. Thank you so much. :') <3
    You did not have to do that but I definitely appreciate it, and I just can't thank you enough. You're already doing so much for me, and now with these gifts, it's too much really. I'm so happy, and cannot wait to play in Sunlit Tides. I'm now thinking Freya's going to have to do a big move before she gets her new house, her and her pups are going there new beautiful island paradise (lol). ;)

So now in return, what can I possibly do for you my dear? I know you probably have most of the store content since you do so much building, but is there anything you don't have that you really want? And if not store content, is there something else I could give or even make for you? I'm not much of a builder, and I'm horrible at pets, but I could totally give making you a sim a crack if you feel like having someone make you something for a change. Let me know! :smiley:

@StutteredScreams - I'm so happy that you'll enjoy those gifts! You're very welcome! Sunlit Tides is a gorgeous world, so definitely let Freya explore while she's waiting for her new house!

You don't need to do anything in return for me - I absolutely luuuurve seeing other simmers enjoying this game and the content that is available. All I ask is that you simply ENJOY, especially while you wait for Freya's home! :)