Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: *IF* the SimGurus told you tomorrow sorry no toddlers ever...

Comments

• Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    If toddlers are never comming I would still keep the sims 4 and play it. It doesn't really matter to me what happens.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    Grimes4746Grimes4746 Posts: 12 New Member
    b) Id be very disappointed but if a good update came or expansion pack to the Sims 4 came out I would probably start playing again.
  • Options
    KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    If tomorrow, the official word was "We have taken the decision that adding toddlers would take too much time away from other features we are excited to bring you, so toddlers will not be making an appearance in The Sims 4".

Would you:
    a) Say I was never really bothered anyway.
    b) Say I am disappointed, but I can come to terms with the game without them now and will probably go on playing
    c) Say (and mean it) I will never ever buy another pack for this game, I am through. INCLUDES those who all along have refused to buy it until there are toddlers (but not people who had different or additional reasons for not buying it)

I'd go with C. 100%. Toddlers, pets (that arent tied to things) and weather (that isnt tied to a separate neighborhood) are desperately needed. (IMO)
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Do people still believe we are getting toddlers? LOL
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I'm not sure. For me? It's more that I just want an answer either way to I can really accept it is over for TS4 (for me) or embrace it and FINALLY be able to play a new sims game.

Yes or no, gurus. That's all I want.

--T
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member

I don't. But it won't be my wallet that's being drained as people oh so patiently "wait" for them to be "done right."
  • Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    edited August 2016

I believe. That would be stupid move if we didn't. EA would lose all of its credibility that remained.

Edit: Omg, they're changing stupid into plum? It's not even a swearword. Unwise is also censored?
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    A. for me. But then I'm not playing that much anymore, anyway. I play when a new pack comes out for a few days, then quit again out of boredom. I don't even know if I'll bother with anymore packs anyway. I might, but I don't get excited over any of it like I used to.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I'm really not sure. If the EPs add fundamental gameplay, I'm also fine without them (as long as all the other life states are finally more fully fleshed out). What I do wonder about though: let's say they add toddlers in the third or even fourth year, or around 1 to 2 years before they (let's just assume based on history) release TS5, would people really bother suddenly buying all the EPs for 4, or would they sit it out and wait for 5 anyway to see if they can't get a base game that's done right from the start? Personally, if I'd have waited that long to buy anything, I probably wouldn't bother anymore anyway.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I'm really not sure. If the EPs add fundamental gameplay, I'm also fine without them (as long as all the other life states are finally more fully fleshed out). What I do wonder about though: let's say they add toddlers in the third or even fourth year, or around 1 to 2 years before they (let's just assume based on history) release TS5, would people really bother suddenly buying all the EPs for 4, or would they sit it out and wait for 5 anyway to see if they can't get a base game that's done right from the start? Personally, if I'd have waited that long to buy anything, I probably wouldn't bother anymore anyway.

Well the issue is would toddlers 'work' with the previous content? If it were no why would you buy content that doesn't work for a whole family unit?
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 I just assume that if they did finally decide to add them, they would have quadruple checked whether they're compatible with the entire game beforehand. Because I can't imagine that after all this backlash, they would risk even more hate by adding them very very badly. but then, who knows right :)
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 I just assume that if they did finally decide to add them, they would have quadruple checked whether they're compatible with the entire game beforehand. Because I can't imagine that after all this backlash, they would risk even more hate by adding them very very badly. but then, who knows right :)

We just don't know. I mean for example with dine out would you be able to take the whole family to eat? Would their budget extend to altering all the packs we already had released? If it worked that way with all altered as well that would be the best way.
  • Options
    Agreed, my only point is: if they release it, exactly like this, perfectly compatible with all the packs, but around the end of TS4's existence...would anyone really bother who hasn't bothered before? I kind of hope not ... EA shouldn't add a basic feature after only 3 or 4 years (that is assuming TS4 won't have a longer life cycle than its predecessor), expecting people to spend money on both all of TS4 and the (probably only soon-thereafter-announced) TS5. Personally, I'd feel a little ripped off. But that's of course entirely hypothetical. Just thinking out loud ;)
  • Options
    Agreed, my only point is: if they release it, exactly like this, perfectly compatible with all the packs, but around the end of TS4's existence...would anyone really bother who hasn't bothered before? I kind of hope not ... EA shouldn't add a basic feature after only 3 or 4 years (that is assuming TS4 won't have a longer life cycle than its predecessor), expecting people to spend money on both all of TS4 and the (probably only soon-thereafter-announced) TS5. Personally, I'd feel a little ripped off. But that's of course entirely hypothetical. Just thinking out loud ;)

Well the longer it takes the less likely I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt again because essentially I've missed out on (at this point) two years of enjoyment I should have had because they 'ran out of time'. The goodwill people have ebbs away when it takes so long, especially when we see paid content coming out. I expected the base to be completed in fairly quick order. I never expected this situation to ever go on this long.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Couldn't agree more (likewise with what you wrote last in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15118776/#Comment_15118776). If they had just realized how much people want this (no maybe not everyone did, but their numbers will surely beat those of the simmers that wanted phonecovers), and fixed it as quickly as possible (like they did with other things, too), I'm sure people would've been fine with waiting even a year. But after all this evasiveness and the number of negative responses to valid criticisms and feedbacks, it's becoming a little harder to blindly put your faith in EA's ability to listen to their players ...
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    A. Toddlers are so freaking annoying.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    A. Toddlers are so freaking annoying.

That is your opinion, I for 1 do not agree, I think they are the cutest thing ever, And I say that Being Gothic type, so Not everyone thinks they are annoying, :) .
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Well the longer it takes the less likely I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt again because essentially I've missed out on (at this point) two years of enjoyment I should have had because they 'ran out of time'. The goodwill people have ebbs away when it takes so long, especially when we see paid content coming out. I expected the base to be completed in fairly quick order. I never expected this situation to ever go on this long.

I know what you mean.....but Ms Franklin thinks excluding toddlers is the best decision to date and Ms Lyndsay thinks Supernaturals were never meant to be a tradition.....guess we're both doomed to be disappointed.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I don't know. I haven't played the game in awhile nor have I bought the last few packs. If the game were to become more engaging in other ways, perhaps I'd come back, but I find the basic gameplay boring, and I'm not sure adding toddlers would help that either.
  • Options

I know what you mean.....but Ms Franklin thinks excluding toddlers is the best decision to date and Ms Lyndsay thinks Supernaturals were never meant to be a tradition.....guess we're both doomed to be disappointed.

Too late I guess ;)
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    B - It would just be great to get an answer on the matter really
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    B - I would be disappointed, but since I don't play family Sims often, I would keep on playing my game.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    If tomorrow, the official word was "We have taken the decision that adding toddlers would take too much time away from other features we are excited to bring you, so toddlers will not be making an appearance in The Sims 4".

XfkU1brfTJu0w.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    For me, if Sims 4 was a game that had true depth and fully immersive gameplay that catered to multiple playstyles, I would consider buying even without toddlers. It's not a dealbreaker for me although I do tend to lean mostly toward family play. Sims 3 was such a love/hate experience for me due to all the bugs etc, I had to install mods just to allow me to see the game at it's best and I don't feel that should ever be the case. The lack of toddlers was a massive oversight by Maxis but it is by no means the only thing missing from the game that for me, makes it totally undesirable.
    I highly doubt they will ever make an appearance now but I want to be wrong for all of those who are waiting and hoping, I think it's the least you all deserve for your patience!
  • Options
    GrilledFamilyGrilledFamily Posts: 34 Member
    C. Actually, the only pack I bought since Spooky was released is Get Together.