Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading sims 3 offline

So my laptop wouldn't connect to the wifi to I had to reset it. Unfortunately it still doesn't connect. However is there a way to download sims 3 without wifi? I can log in to origin without wifi, you can play sims offline. But is there a way to download sims offline?

Comments

• MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    No because it needs it. If you have old disks you com.d, but new stuff no.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Digital copies require internet to download.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    Minx wrote: »

I have the disk for the base game, latenight and high end loft stuff. Unfortunately I don't have my seasons so I would need a digital. It still tells me my sims can't download without internet even though I have disks.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Caelem wrote: »
    Minx wrote: »

I have the disk for the base game, latenight and high end loft stuff. Unfortunately I don't have my seasons so I would need a digital. It still tells me my sims can't download without internet even though I have disks.

You need a connection to the internet to download anything from the internet. Therefore without an internet connection you can't download your games. If you don't have a connection you will need disks to install.

When you get a connection keep backups of you store content as well so you can install that when you are off line.

You might be able to check a box in Origin to let you keep the downloaded files of your games once you do get a connection. If you can manage to download and keep the installers when you are connected then you should be able to use the installer files later on when you don't have a connection as they will be saved on your computer's hard drive.
  • minecraftgirl000minecraftgirl000 Posts: 36 Member
    If you can't connect to wifi, plug in an ethernet cable and use that to go on origin and add the game to your download que. You absolutely have to have internet in order to download stuff from the internet. Another option would be to somehow download the game on a friend's computer and then move it to a USB drive, but I don't even know if that's possible. If you really can't get internet at all, you can get a hard copy of the game on Amazon for pretty cheap, and I'm fairly certain you don't need internet to install that way. I know what it's like to be stuck without internet and it sucks so I'm very sorry about that. Maybe ask a few friends if they have a copy that you could borrow, but you need the disk to run the game so that kinda sucks.