Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Photos!

I was pretty active in my sims 3 blog until the sims 4 came out. Since I noticed sooo many people still play the sims 3, I'm going to try to balance playing the two games. Here's my question:

On the thesims3.com under "My Blog" I used to be able to post photos of the family I was playing. Today I tried to do an update with photos and there is only the options to add an image URL, THIS IS ANNOYING! Am I missing something. Do I upload the pictures to my studio first and then add the photos. I don't remember having to that, I thought I just copied and pasted before. Any advice?

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Hey there :) First off: I too still play TS3 hi :)
    Anyway, you can't post pictures because of the forum rules. Atm you're still a "new member". In order to attach images to your posts you need to become a full member. To do so you need 50 Points + 30 Posts + have an account older than 24 hours.
    I'm sorry, it can be a bit annoying I know :/
  • djebay2djebay2 Posts: 36 Member
    @SimTrippy I almost have enough posts in the blog.

On thesims3.com website. You login and go to "My Page", a drop down menu appears and you click "My Blog". Not many people use it, I do because I like to go back and read the stories I create and I just like to share stories, it doesn't matter how many people read it. I could not figure out how to add photos like I did before.

Now, I figured it out. I have to double click media photos that are uploaded under "My Studio", highlight the link, copy and paste it into the add image bar under my blog.

You should check out your page on thesims3.com, not just thesims.com. I personally like the thesims3.com because it has so many tools for sharing, uploading and downloading items. With the sims 4 I had to create a tumblr account to share stories.

Ill add you so you can check out my page and my sims 3 blog!
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited August 2016
    @djebay2 Please add me too! :) I'd love to check out your stories.
    Your question caught my eye, as I haven't been able to post the update teaser to my WordPress blog on the my stories page... Maybe it's fixed, though...

And when you become a full member on this site, you can post you pics and stories here.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    djebay2 wrote: »
    @SimTrippy I almost have enough posts in the blog.

On thesims3.com website. You login and go to "My Page", a drop down menu appears and you click "My Blog". Not many people use it, I do because I like to go back and read the stories I create and I just like to share stories, it doesn't matter how many people read it. I could not figure out how to add photos like I did before.

Now, I figured it out. I have to double click media photos that are uploaded under "My Studio", highlight the link, copy and paste it into the add image bar under my blog.

You should check out your page on thesims3.com, not just thesims.com. I personally like the thesims3.com because it has so many tools for sharing, uploading and downloading items. With the sims 4 I had to create a tumblr account to share stories.

Ill add you so you can check out my page and my sims 3 blog!

thesims3.com used to be so much better and (I feel, anyway) more widely used because the old forums were part of it (plus, the old forum layout was way better, in my opinion!). It's like the two accounts are totally different now, they used to be the same.