Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 3 theme leaked!! (Live in the City) [Speculation]

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    AnnMaria wrote: »
    Interesting. The link to the Brazillian game rating board now gives an "Access Denied" message.

Nope. Type "Sims" and you'll see EP3 listed.

Don't see it

because of the fact after it got leaked, EA got the site to take it down..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Ya know, Sims 4: Into the City, kinda has a nice ring to it if the word life is no longer on the sims franchise table...just a thought
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • djebay2djebay2 Posts: 36 Member
    This is exciting! Hopefully there are more lots in the town and toddlers, maybe some hype clubs. This may be the new version of Night Life...
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I strong believe that it is the next expansion pack, the Brazilian ministery of justice wouldn't update their page for nothing.
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    AnnMaria wrote: »
    Interesting. The link to the Brazillian game rating board now gives an "Access Denied" message.

Nope. Type "Sims" and you'll see EP3 listed.

Don't see it

because of the fact after it got leaked, EA got the site to take it down..

No, it's still listed on the webpage.
    http://portal.mj.gov.br/ClassificacaoIndicativa/jsps/ConsultarJogoForm.do

Click "Todos" and in the search bar type "Sims". The Sims 4 Vida Na Cidade is listed near the bottom.
    edited August 2016
    Double post.
    edited August 2016
    Triple post.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2016
    My theories on what this pack may be about

1)Showtime and Celebs were our sims can put on shows or go see a show and it might also add singers.

2)Romance Themed like TS1 Hot Date or TS2 Nightlife.

3)Apartments. May work like TS2 Apartment Life.

4)Could consist of all 3 above.

We already got dance clubs in TS4 Get Together so I wouldn't expect more of those. We have restuarents in Dine Out. This pack could add things like bowling alleys,an actual working movie cinema community lot,cars,apartments both ground level and very high with balconies and elevators. I'd love to see karoke bars added.

This pack could also add a small amusement park with carnival rides,prizes and foods or it could add a beach. Remember Roaring Heights from TS3? That was a city world with a beach. Prehaps we'll see swimming in the ocean added to this ep.

I hope it adds lots of 50x50 and 64x64 lots and even some lots close to the sea if we get a beach and ocean.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Toblie wrote: »
    Marcelina wrote: »
    Toblie wrote: »
    I hope this isn't true
    An expansion pack was accidentally listed on a Brazilian classification website. The name of the EP translates to “Life in the City.”
    tumblr_inline_oc2gfb8Iu91qk38bf_540.png

I can't read Brazilian so

Bonus though could be spiral staircases added.

Why do you hope it's not true? Just wondering.

Feels like it will just be a mix of get together meets late night/apartment life, no real new gameplay. What I read it's basically eating out and visiting neighbours just in a different spot.
    But I guess I should keep an open mind until I know more about it.

At this point I don't expect anything and I have no PEPS, no excitement, no speculation. I'm a confirmed 'show me' now. Nothing more on faith.

I think that's sad cause I was like that with Sims 3 when they would make that announcement even if it was nothing but a brief detail and I would be so impatient waiting for that new release especially when more and more information is coming out. I miss that PEPS feeling. To this day I've never really gotten that with The Sims 4 because of their secrecy. We as a community are at a point where we are clinging to rumors. Now I'm not thinking twice about the city life rumors cause that's what it is. We have literally no idea on what's coming out next and people I'm seeing clinging to any rumor they can as if that's real information because EA won't tell us anything. This is sad. I do enjoy Sims 4 but not it's faults and disrespect it comes with it....So I'm with you....no PEPS, no excitement, no speculation. Just a Sim version of a hypotheses.

I got really bad peps for Get Together closer to launch, Spa Day, a few of the stuff packs and Dine Out gave me soooo much peps. Im still not bored of dine out to this day I LOOOVE restaurants. I never got peps for outdoor retreat cause it came outta nowhere.

I hope you both find something that gives you peps. Especially @PHOEBESMOM601 since I know they want more dark elements and supernaturals like me ;)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • actress8252actress8252 Posts: 4 New Member
    Wow! Sounds cool! Hopefully there's apartments though I don't why people hope there'll be vampires. Is it just me or do vampires have nothing to do with cities?
    edited August 2016
    I kinda hope this city EP comes with new careers, something like a barber/beautician so we can make over sims without bouncing out to their household, then add me in some Firefighters and burglars for sure, I miss them both lots - I kinda miss the charlatan too, something like an urchin/magician/street performer or some other type of special character would be nice. You know, like the clown and hermit or w/e.

I would also love love love to see it roll out a population age type slider, ideally per lot or hood but in general would suffice, so that if you wanted the majority of the townie inhabitants/visitors to be of a certain age bracket you could make that happen. Also, maybe some tweaking to the npc jobs to make it so its more equal in its selection - for me it seems like elders dominate the npc job market (retail/restaurant/bars/spas/etc).

Opening up community venue items to work on any community lot would be so cool, like a leap towards feeling like an open world without a total overhaul to make that actually happen. Speaking of - why cant inhabitants/npc/townies visit other lots as a part of scenery, I can see inside the other lots, kinda, but no one ever goes in or out - why not? They come and go, they walk about, they disappear - add some portals to doors so that when they are viewed off lot characters go in and out of those doors instead of just like...vanishing. Wouldnt that make more sense? At the very least why not have the attendants based on w/e is in there coming and going for some illusion of activity? ie bars/cafe/library/gym/spa/restaurant/museum/etc

Please make the catalog match the next world, not having those items in the catalog that are directly next to the lot I am building on, for instance a fence or directly adjacent and tied to my lot vegetation, is kinda frustrating (think repeat use items). Also, public toilets - those need to be in the community catalog and be flagged at least as toilets, pretty please. I want to put in a plea for removing the flag as an outside component to fencing, its really hard to make stairwells when the fencing creates orphaned walls and flags the room as roof worthy, moving columns inside and just really messing with the build design in general - also several of them that "clearly" should be allowing light to pass thru do not - why not just treat them as walls or just find some consistency in the way walls vs half walls vs fences work.

While we are at it, fountains/walls and pools. Why dont these things work together? The smallest half wall is basically the same height as a fountain, its just above instead of below ground - fountains with pools - please please please make this work. Also, fountains indoors without going through some convoluted effort of tricking the engine. Speaking of tricking the engine, ugh just stop already, I shouldnt have to sneak around and build this thing and then delete it so I can have this other thing there...I have way too many examples to list. I also shouldnt have to own a retail store to set items for sale, and the uniforms should stick, just like with restaurants.

phew.

well, that turned into a bit of a rant didnt it?
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • MH92MH92 Posts: 12 New Member
    I'd love for the city to be San Francisco or, dare I hope, Tokyo inspired.

Vampires are a must for me, as are apartments, penthouses, a more in-depth celebrity system, and they really need to make sure they provide game play that isn't just targeted to Young Adults+ Maybe more playground items for parks, bowling allies, ballet and dance classes? Cars would be a nice addition again at this point, similar to how they worked in TS2.

They've had a whole year nearly since the last EP. I'm expecting something good
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Wow! Sounds cool! Hopefully there's apartments though I don't why people hope there'll be vampires. Is it just me or do vampires have nothing to do with cities?

TS2 and TS3 had vampires in the city expansions. But I think it's better when the life-states have their own specific packs, like Supernatural. They just get more attention and the devs can go in-depth on the features, rather than trying to squeeze them into another pack just for the sake of it.
  • Sims3maddSims3madd Posts: 1 New Member
    In the previous surveys it spoke about diverse neighbour hoods, and with the recent concept art sim community posted is it possible that that grungy swamp neighbourhood could be in this ep? It would go along well with the dark, grungy city vibe? Just a thought as I would love to see it!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm hoping for TS2 style apartments. Districts with strong themes like in Urbz. New careers like politician and being able to form a band and play gigs. A theatre like in Medieval. Bowling. The street markets from the old survey. And a graffiti skill.

I really want the city to feel rough and a bit dirty, like cities in real life. They have the shiny development areas but as soon as you leave the main street things get a bit icky. I'd like to rent a crummy, tiny studio apartment and have to go dumpster diving for second-hand furniture! It could have roaches and leaky plumbing and a landlord that doesn't care! Then the challenge is to get out there and make friends and get yourself known, maybe form a band, and make something of yourself! So you can progressively move into nicer apartments. But I'd also like the choice of just staying in one area, if you want to.

Another thing I'd like is a real mix of different cultures! If you go to a big city in the UK like London or Manchester you see such an interesting diversity of people! It's something I love about the city, that all these different cultures get along side by side (most of the time). So I can go to China Town and grab some food, or go to Canal Street and go clubbing, or go for some expensive cocktails in one of the posh hotel bars. The city is such an interesting place and I want that to be reflected in the game.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Just want a explanation
    giphy_1.gif
  • sutivirus12sutivirus12 Posts: 110 Member
    This is one of the expansion packs I wanted the most. YAY! Apartments, and high rise buildings? :) I hope we get to build our own apartments, such as apartment blocks, or townhouses and such. That would be the best. Also, I hope for new traits, and LOADS of new build and buy items. That is needed. (such as a murphy bed, and bunk beds).

I'm looking forward to this expansion. :)
    thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png
    This is one of the expansion packs I wanted the most. YAY! Apartments, and high rise buildings? :) I hope we get to build our own apartments, such as apartment blocks, or townhouses and such. That would be the best. Also, I hope for new traits, and LOADS of new build and buy items. That is needed. (such as a murphy bed, and bunk beds).

I'm looking forward to this expansion. :)

I know right? I have simulated and am ready for it! What I have created, it just lacking a rental system - I cheat the hustle and bustle by combining lots with using the club system but that really only gives me however many are in my household for the apartments or hotels which is cool but its kinda a pain having an actual job/kidlets/more than one autonmouse playable. Plus its a little easy having free rent on a community lot, not that I am complaining or anything! (oh Wright have mercy, please dont take that away from me)

I want a little more grit and little less cheaty close quarters (kinda, actually I am pretty happy atm, I just want more stuff tbh). I would also like a couple more floors or something, I mean I can simulate between 6-8 above ground but it'd be cool to have more than 5 above ground usable - at least 6 walled floors since the 5th is purely situational.

I am so on board.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I hope it's a Katy Perry endorsement!
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Hmms, expansions have all had Get as a start of name...
    "Get a (city) life" :D
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    itsug wrote: »
    Hmms, expansions have all had Get as a start of name...
    "Get a (city) life" :D

:disappointed:

no.

There has got to be something catchier than that.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I know.. that was crappy, but I had to! :D
    Jokes aside, it will probably be something like another thread here, "Get to the city" :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    omg omg omg..... here we gooo.... I never played the sims 3 with apartments but someone told me here on the forum that the sims 3 apartments system hold up only one family!! I want apartments like sims 2.... I just hope they're not doing it like sims 3... I and happy!!! Its just sad we need to know things from 3rd party sites... even if they say its not true... sims latam was right about restaurants... not the cooking skills part... but still...
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Hopefully we have Apartments like the Sims 2. I miss the noisy neighbors etc. Though I can imagine that apartments and nightclubs are glorified skyscraper objects with a lot placed on the top.
    edited August 2016
    Oh gosh I hope not. I so love the club system with the doors on community lots right now - its a plethora of game play all by itself. Limiting it like that (as it is right this minute - nothing would change in your scenario) would not be fun at all for a new EP or GP.
    Origin ID NectereSim