Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Serenity1991Serenity1991 Posts: 38 Member
    Just wanted to add, a doorbell option instead of knocking would be cool.
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I think an update to the rockets both in effects and models would be nice, they all seem to have the same effects as the Thingamajig Rocket, that and there doesn't seem to be any sim sized cockpit for any of them, basically a hatch opens and the sim climbs in, but there doesn't seem to be any were the sim can look out into space and pilot the ship except the Retro Rocket and perhaps the Thingamajig Rocket (and even then they are really small, and you can only get a small perspective of your outside surroundings), and the Apollo Rocket essentially looks like you'll be flying blind. considering the size of the rockets, they seem more like a fighter then a spaceship, so it would make sense they would have a sim sized cockpit for the occupants to look around. plus the effects seem to be the same for all the rockets (on the Retro Rocket, the glowing red light effects on the Thingamajig Rocket appear without the lights being there, same for the Apollo Rocket, but the four booster rocket fire effects appear without there being booster rockets [there are only four rockets at the bottom of the main rocket and four stabilizers, not booster rockets]).
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Ghost babies, cemeteries, for aliens to use their mind to fix things, other supernaturals with amazing powers.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Ansett4SimsAnsett4Sims Posts: 75 Member
    Slowmotion Cheat for Machinima Makers...
  • CURIOUSPGEORGECURIOUSPGEORGE Posts: 2 New Member
    CAS: I'd like to be able to layer anything and everything in every category there is. So for example if I want to wear two separate necklaces at the same time both categorized as necklaces I can. I just click 1-5 or even 10 different necklaces, shirts, tattoos, skins, etc and they stay on my sims until I "x" them out individually or all of them together. Not having to choose one necklace categorized as a necklace and a second necklace that is categorized as a bracelet. I'm not sure if that makes sense. In my mind it does... Here's to hoping this makes sense and it will be in a patch someday.
  • SamtapletSamtaplet Posts: 151 Member
    Being able to change the names of the towns and also better family trees, sims should be able to age up when pregnant.
    Origin Id: ActuallySammy
  • MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    No culling?? Is culling still a thing in the Sims 4 actually?
    Graveyards - Where you can visit the good and the bad ghosts.. or mourn your beloved ones.
    Open world
  • MeepMorpMeepMorp Posts: 85 Member
    Personally I would like to see a overhaul of the emotions system. Often emotions like sad and angry get pushed aside by more positive emotions and sims are suddenly inspired even though they're supposed to be sad because their social bar is empty or they've broken up with their partners for instance. I would like to see that emotions have a more powerful impact on them and that they take a longer time to go away. Especially things that change their lifes like marriage, child birth, death and so on. Give them things that can help them to get out of a bad time, but let them also have bad times. Life is full of ups and downs and Sims 4 barely reflects that. It is very easy to keep them happy.

Change the traits system so that traits have more impact. At the moment Sims barely feel different from each other. They do, but... yeah, not so much. Make the differences pop out!

An advanced attraction and friendship system based on traits would be intersting too.
    Turn ons and offs should come back too in my opinon. It's an interesting system that makes every Sim more unique. Also give them favourites (meals, drinks, colors, music) and let the player choose them.

Oh! And fears! I would love to have them back. Everything that makes Sim life more than just work, parties, happiness and friends actually.

So yeah, in short: More unique Sims and things that make their life more varied.
  • AmbiBambi16AmbiBambi16 Posts: 1 New Member
    There should be a way to make custom styled looks
  • LaynielouxuLaynielouxu Posts: 443 Member
    s1mzL0v3r wrote: »
    I would also love to see toddlers in Sims 4. The Sims 4 game will never seem complete without them. If there really is some sort of programming problem that prevents you from adding toddlers, why not ask the modding community for help? There is a wealth of knowledge in the modding community, I'm sure that some of them would be glad to offer their assistance. I'm a programmer, and I know I would be glad to help. You could even ask for the solution in the form of a contest. What about it EA?

This guy here :D love this <3

Twiprin wrote: »
    I apologize if this has already been stated, but:

Built-in occult population control in the game's options
    If we're going to add supernaturals again (which I'm fine with, I love it) then we need CHECK BOXES to turn them on or off like with the patch that came with Sims 3 Supernatural. Changed my mind when I saw the expansion was on sale and I'm using it as an opportunity to learn mods, but the fact that mods can be made is a very tired and poor excuse not to implement a basic feature in the first place. I very nearly didn't purchase Get to Work simply due to the fact there was no built-in control to turn Aliens on and off. We've already been through this rodeo with Late Night for Sims 3 and how Vampires were implemented, so it feels downright tiring that we're having to go through the exact same process again. We already know you're capable of doing this, so why didn't you just do it?

I can already see another supernatural-esque expansion for 4 and THAT will be when they add the controls so that they can tackle all occult populations at once. But...that's just lazy :/ So I'll have to play making sure my mods are updated for what...a couple of years before you add this in? Please do it sooner this time.

At least make sections of worlds open-world
    This one I know has already been stated countless times. But I feel it can't be stated enough. I don't mind the loading screens, tbh. And the game runs perfectly smooth. The computer I'm playing 4 on runs 10x better then the same rig did 3 on its lowest settings. So I'm fine with sacrificing a bit of open world for the game to be accessible. But perfect example of light frustration comes when I'm at the gym or library in Willow Creek: just a few feet away is the nightclub. As has already been stated it looks like the assets are loaded anyway, so it seems pointless that to command my sim to go a few feet to the left or right requires a loading screen. You don't have to make the entire world open-world, but some neighborhoods/lot clusters would be nice.

Let us enter world when we start a new game, not force CAS
    This one probably isn't possible, but I'd like to dream. There's a super easy work-around in just keeping an untouched base-town save on hand, but it's still annoying that I have to do that. I tend to start new games all the time, so knowing it's either load up that base save or have to make a new household every time. Plus there's plenty of people who just like to experiment with premades or want to look around/edit the worlds to get an idea of what they're like before they create a family to fit that world. For a game that was promoted to be focused on storytelling you kind of made a choice that took out a lot of the process of starting a story.

Color Wheel
    You can't tell me that's impossible. It would have to be easier than constantly creating new color swatches for every item you create for the game. Or maybe I'm wrong? .~. Either way..you could have the current patterns you do on clothes now and just let the color wheel dictate bases. Like your Pi/Pie joke t-shirt from the base game: bit annoying I can only have it in blue. Granted compared to my previous three suggestions this one's a bit more minor.

Otherwise...perhaps it's an unpopular opinion, but so far I'm enjoying 4 a bit more than I did 3, even at similar stages. It feels more like Sims 2 to me. There's no excusing the lack of content they tried to gimp us out of, that is certain. But at the same time the choices they've made with expansions have felt more tightly knit together and have more of a purpose than sims 3 expansions seemed to. If they would just look at development of game options from an average player's perspective instead of the "we need to look cool as developers to our overlord publisher"'s perspective, then I feel a lot of the mistakes made so far...might not have happen (again, who's idea was it to have no toddlers and force CAS at new game start? Do any of the developers actually play their game for fun when they're not working on it?).

In truth if I could just get Sims 4 design and art style with Sims 3 open-world/game options, I would immediately be sold on purchasing most/all expansions.

Everything I wanted to say, but put in a far more intelligent way :D thank you <3 XxxxxxX <3
    edited August 2016
    KaTG1295 wrote: »
    I have spent some time, doing a lot of IRL Sims (family and friend, and myself) and it came to the point where I was making my grandfather, but he has been handicap for 16 years. I'm not sure if any sims game ever had wheelchairs or things of that nature.

I've said this before when they were asking for TS3, its a dicey subject, I am myself disabled, but people were offended by the mention of it :P

Edit :- My kids and I had all sorts of ideas about how you could play them too and what sort of things could happen too. We had shark attack (bit grim but my kids are evil) so your sim could lose a limb or many! and could get awesome prosthetic ones to replace them. Or you could just have a sim that is born disabled and need a chair and then you could "pimp that ride" so to speak. Also mobility scooters (I had one till I fell out mind you :P ) These the grandkids could ride for fun! we already had walking sticks for the elderly in TS3, so I really didnt see it being that much of an issue, but ppl really hated it :P
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Lostie23 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people are forgetting that Sims 3 was just as bland, if not more bland, when it was just as old as the Sims 4 currently is. Yeah the Sims 4 is lacking in many areas that the Sims 3 had like toddlers, cars, create-a-style, etc., but it also has a lot that the Sims 3 didn't have like multitasking, gallery, emotions, etc. This is because it's a different game with completely different mechanics.

The Sims 3 was so empty when it came out. There was literally NOTHING to do beside watch tv, make babies, or send your sims to watch a movie or eat out in a rabbit hole. The Sims 3 never really came alive until Generations (you could argue Late Night is when it started to have a little bit of life) and that was THREE year after it was released and it hasn't even been a full two years yet since the Sims 4 came out. People were saying all the EXACT same things about Sims 3 when it was still a two-year-old as well as Sims 2. With time, I think Sims 4 is going to end up being even better than Sims 3 ever was.

I will admit though, I am a little partial to Sims 4 because I actually like not having an fully open world. I always thought it was too much in the Sims 3 and took away from what the core of it really is about which is the little every-day life activities and interactions. Truthfully, when I was playing Sims 3 I always missed the Sims 2 non-open world "doll houses" and would even go back and play it for that reason from time to time. So when I heard Sims 4 wasn't going to have an open world I was already kind of sold, but I understand some people have different playing styles and would rather have an open world. But trust me, give it some time and Sims 4 will have just as much content as Sims 3 does.

Maybe TS3 was bland for you upon release and even 2 years later, but it sure wasn't for me. I and many others could play for days and not be bored. I never ran out of things to do in the game and still feel that way.

Do you really think 4 is capable of having as much content (and by content I mean interactions too) as 3? Let me watch you ride your horse across the TS4 landscape then. Yeah, never happening, nor anything even close. I think the TS4 engine is maxed out as to what it can handle now.

I have to agree that I didn't get bored either, I love even now just strolling around the town, I take a town apart and build it up just the way I like it. I ride a horse all around or jog. From my sims house I can see the park, I step over to it with my kids (no loading screen) and watch them play or push them on the swings. I love the sims 3 and did hope that the sims 4 would just be an improvement on the sims 3 like 3 was to 2. I loved 2 but really wanted to walk around my town.

I would be ok with open neighbourhoods though, I am not so picky. And as others have said, maybe it could be a choice to open it up or not per player style. I think I love that idea, then I could choose per family what I want.

Toddlers please, for those who don't want them they cant age up past this stage like you could in 3.

I understand that people love the sims 4, and I know it will grow and change and I am willing to give it a go when it has more to offer me as a gamer. I have the base game and GTW and GTT and a couple of stuff packs that I cant remember the names of :neutral: I have tried them and wasnt at all impressed with it :( and I really really wanted to be. I do kinda feel let down.

None of what I said is to be offensive to those who love the sims 4, it is just the way I feel and my particular opinion. If you love it i'm happy for you :)
  • Grimes4746Grimes4746 Posts: 12 New Member
    They should add seasons and university.
  • KeysabelleKeysabelle Posts: 1 New Member
    CAS, could we add a way that doors and windows could be moved off grid? I'd love to be able to put a door between two grids so it fits in the middle of a wall that was built. For example, If the wall is four grid squares wide ( ---- ) the door has to be on the left or right ( ==-- or --==). I'd like to put the door in the middle of the two grid squares ( -==- ).

Sorry, I tried to post some screenshots but I haven't been posting long enough to do it. :(
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Arapi112 wrote: »
    I really love that new gender options were added to The Sims 4, but I'd be so so happy if sexual orientation settings are added in the coming future for the sims 4.

Isn't that something that's done through gameplay, though? You initiate romantic interactions with a particular gender, and then they autonomously initiate romantic interactions of their own with that gender.

And why do you want autonomous romance, anyway? That's why our happily married Sims end up with 3 or 4 different girlfriends.
    wJbomAo.png
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    If doorbells are added, and I add a doorbell on a house, I still want sims to knock on the door. Sometimes, sims knock on the door. Sometimes, sims ring the doorbell.
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    On the gallery in library, I wish that it shows the number of households and buildings created, so that I don't have to count them.
  • djebay2djebay2 Posts: 36 Member
    The ability to take family photos with the photography booth and allow children and adults to take selfies together.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    vergil7 wrote: »
    1. Lucy is your character. she decide to go on culinary education. But you dont like it, instead, you make her choose medical education to become a doctor.
    Are you saying my sims should be able to join any career they wish despie what I want? I wouldn't all my created sims join the same career or repeative one's. Even If they aren't, I still want to control over the story - If I have to complete a challenge or their lifetime goal that requires for him/her to participate in a certain character, I imagine the issue going on around there if you're ideas would get implanted.

What I would for a game is too have a co-op option, not mmo, aka. invite only your friends to origin account to your game online. And an toggle on&off for that, because not everyone would have to be forced to play who don't like it.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    This isn't really something that needs to be fixed as I imagine it's working the way it was intended but I'd really like if the "Popular right now" option in the Gallery actually showed uploads popular that were popular that day, that week or something similar. It's mostly quite old uploads that isn't really newly updated. It's more like a "Popular" that "Popular right now". So there probably should be a time limit for uploads to show up when that option is picked. Just my humble opinion :blush:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • shan3443shan3443 Posts: 6 New Member

1. More Free Stuff on updates
    2. Laundry Room (Washer Dryers etc..)
    3. Be able to go to school with Sims and have a college
    4. Pets Pets Pets (dogs cats birds hamsters etc..)
    5. Cars and Pickups for them to drive and park at house or in garage
    6. More outdoor toys like swings scooters atv slides waterslides volleyball baseball etc...
    7. Toddlers
    8. Be able to pick when you are ready to move the sims to a new age like baby to toddler to teen to adult to elderly
    9. Bigger lots like 50 by 40 50 by 50 etc.
    10. Be able to place roof and it fixes it self based on house and size
    11. Grocery stores be able to go buy groceries
    12. More free stuff on updates
    13. Faster loading time and faster loading time when traveling to the gym park etc...
    Beds with alot more bedding for kids to elderly More baby cribs and baby stuff more baby and kids decorations walls lights floors rugs etc Bunk Beds Loft beds Pets and pet stuff More pool stuff
    Bunk beds[/b] loft beds more bedding from baby to elderly More baby cribs baby and kids wallpaper rugs and lights baby to elderly decorations room stuff to use
    1. More Free Stuff on updates
    2. Laundry Room (Washer Dryers etc..)
    3. Be able to go to school with Sims and have a college
    4. Pets Pets Pets (dogs cats birds hamsters etc..)
    5. Cars and Pickups for them to drive and park at house or in garage
    6. More outdoor toys like swings scooters atv slides waterslides volleyball baseball etc...
    7. Toddlers
    8. Be able to pick when you are ready to move the sims to a new age like baby to toddler to teen to adult to elderly
    9. Bigger lots like 50 by 40 50 by 50 etc.
    10. Be able to place roof and it fixes it self based on house and size
    11. Grocery stores be able to go buy groceries
    12. More free stuff on updates
    13. Faster loading time and faster loading time when traveling to the gym park etc...
    14. place items on walls at what height you want
  • Pessyl92Pessyl92 Posts: 14 New Member
    1. Upgrade management of employees in own businesses (GTW) like restaurant (DO) :(