Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this some sort of a joke?

Dear Gurus - please correct me if I am wrong or if I am missing something here...

1. You have released Dine Out in June, we have paid USD 19.99 (or equivalent) for it - the product at the same time is sold to us with EA's ToS and ToC rules applied towards it.
2. Immediately following the release, everyone has been INTENSIVELY reporting significant issues that VERY negatively impact the promised gameplay (we are talking about players who do not use mods or cc + in each case game repairing cannot help etc. - these issues are ALL listed across multiple sites including your official EA bugs one and they have been confirmed as GAME BUGS), to list a few: employees not coming to work, disallow new customers button not working, customers stuck and not leaving tables, food not delivered to waiting customers and MANY others.
3. Point two above is causing us to either immediately close the restaurant (e.g., due to some employees randomly not showing up), or shut it down during the gameplay so as not to get incorrectly attributed (due to bugs) negative customer ratings (each of the bugs always ends with 1).
4. It forces many of us to EACH TIME save the game prior to opening a restaurant as a precaution so that we can retry opening it in case any of the issues occur - thus can revert to a pre-opening saved game. It is not only a redundant action but also something that completely destroy the gameplay experience.

...and yet despite all of these points raised by all the players, since June, NEITHER of the patches released has fixed ANY of the issues that would make this really great overall (issues aside) Gamepack represent the gameplay ToS that you have sold us on but that these bugs clearly violate. What is more, NONE of the patches included ANY fixes for the reported SERIOUS bugs for Dine Out - instead you have modified two (only) Dine Out things such as: 'The hair ym_GP03SlickBackWavy will no longer have a bald spot on the back'?

Back to my initial question - I have paid for this Gamepack (as well as others) which has EA ToS applied towards it and which this situation clearly violates. Given that, my question is: is this approach to patch releases and the packs you sell some sort of a joke on us The Sims 4 players?

I am not only shocked by all of this but also, at this stage, given this outrageous negligence, lost as to what next...

Thank you.

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I've noticed that they're very, very slow to fix GP and EP bugs :/
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    So this is a pattern? So there's still hope they'll actually do it cause I'm getting worried. I for sure thought this update would be the one but boy was I wrong.
  • EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    I feel your pain OP.

I was expecting for bug fixes in this patch but...well... once again... Nothing.

I hope we have something for the next patch at least...

• YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    I like you.
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited August 2016
    Dear Gurus - please correct me if I am wrong or if I am missing something here...

1. You have released Dine Out in June, we have paid USD 19.99 (or equivalent) for it - the product at the same time is sold to us with EA's ToS and ToC rules applied towards it.
    2. Immediately following the release, everyone has been INTENSIVELY reporting significant issues that VERY negatively impact the promised gameplay (we are talking about players who do not use mods or cc + in each case game repairing cannot help etc. - these issues are ALL listed across multiple sites including your official EA bugs one and they have been confirmed as GAME BUGS), to list a few: employees not coming to work, disallow new customers button not working, customers stuck and not leaving tables, food not delivered to waiting customers and MANY others.
    3. Point two above is causing us to either immediately close the restaurant (e.g., due to some employees randomly not showing up), or shut it down during the gameplay so as not to get incorrectly attributed (due to bugs) negative customer ratings (each of the bugs always ends with 1).
    4. It forces many of us to EACH TIME save the game prior to opening a restaurant as a precaution so that we can retry opening it in case any of the issues occur - thus can revert to a pre-opening saved game. It is not only a redundant action but also something that completely destroy the gameplay experience.

...and yet despite all of these points raised by all the players, since June, NEITHER of the patches released has fixed ANY of the issues that would make this really great overall (issues aside) Gamepack represent the gameplay ToS that you have sold us on but that these bugs clearly violate. What is more, NONE of the patches included ANY fixes for the reported SERIOUS bugs for Dine Out - instead you have modified two (only) Dine Out things such as: 'The hair ym_GP03SlickBackWavy will no longer have a bald spot on the back'?

Back to my initial question - I have paid for this Gamepack (as well as others) which has EA ToS applied towards it and which this situation clearly violates. Given that, my question is: is this approach to patch releases and the packs you sell some sort of a joke on us The Sims 4 players?

I am not only shocked by all of this but also, at this stage, given this outrageous negligence, lost as to what next...

Thank you.

Please clarify 'this.' What are you experiencing which has led you to believe that any such problems exist?

Please list these 'significant issues' which have been supposedly confirmed as game bugs. I've personally tested every pack and I've found that these supposed bugs are all either non-existent or data-related failures which are resultant of user incompetence.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    I have none of those issues, my restaurants work fine. Sometimes an employee will miss work, that's normal even in real life. It would be nice if we could call in a temp worker but the game lacks that option.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
    Please clarify 'this.' What are you experiencing which has led you to believe that any such problems exist?

Please list these 'significant issues' which have been supposedly confirmed as game bugs. I've personally tested every pack and I've found that these supposed bugs are all either non-existent or data-related failures which are resultant of user incompetence.
    Why do you steadily go on about this data, models, user errors, overly technical stuff?

So you're saying bugs don't exist, they're all the user's fault because of their "incompetence"? Please.
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    edited August 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

Why do you steadily go on about this data, models, user errors, overly technical stuff?

So you're saying bugs don't exist, they're all the user's fault because of their "incompetence"? Please.

This is the user that said The Sims 4 is an amazing game because it's extremely easy to mod it, if somebody doesn't enjoys it it's their fault for not programming a mod for it.
    I have none of those issues, my restaurants work fine. Sometimes an employee will miss work, that's normal even in real life. It would be nice if we could call in a temp worker but the game lacks that option.

Mine don't even miss work. This week I've started a 'Zen Restaurant' using one of the Spa Day lots as a restaurant template, sims work 12 hour days with everything fully customized, and I haven't encountered any of those supposed bugs.

The only abnormality I've noticed is that if I place a Get to Work receptionist desk, customers will be assigned to it and will begin answering the receptionist phone while they eat - they'll actually sit at the dining table and randomly pickup the receptionist phone and receive calls. :D I find the effect to be pretty amusing and it enhances the experience.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I've noticed that they're very, very slow to fix GP and EP bugs :/

Slow, the sims are still on the sidewalk when you open the game, this is from day One

Because you're accusing the developers of fraud and motivating users to fill their forums with fraudulent arguments while I can demonstrate that the product works perfectly, exceeds all specifications, and is absolutely gorgeous. I'm substantiating the defensive argument with engineering knowledge so leave the community and find a lawyer if your only intention is to attack the developers.
  • QuickThingsQuickThings Posts: 20 New Member

As a reference, here is an example thread from EA's official forum:

answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-DO-Restaurant-Problems/td-p/5410235

and there are many others as well such as this one:

sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/dine-out-issues-and-workarounds/

These bugs all have been reported separately and as bulks.
    As a reference, here is an example thread from EA's official forum:

answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-DO-Restaurant-Problems/td-p/5410235

and there are many others as well such as this one:

sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/dine-out-issues-and-workarounds/

These bugs all have been reported separately and as bulks.
    Oh no these people are accusing Maxis of fraud, clearly!
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member

Mine don't even miss work. This week I've started a 'Zen Restaurant' using one of the Spa Day lots as a restaurant template, sims work 12 hour days with everything fully customized, and I haven't encountered any of those supposed bugs.

The only abnormality I've noticed is that if I place a Get to Work receptionist desk, customers will be assigned to it and will begin answering the receptionist phone while they eat - they'll actually sit at the dining table and randomly pickup the receptionist phone and receive calls. :D I find the effect to be pretty amusing and it enhances the experience.

Wow, amazing. My problems are all magically fixed and I am now no longer incompetent because your specific games works so mine should, too. Who knew it was this simple? Let me get my game started up right away.
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    Anyways, belittling aside, I really don't know what they want us to expect from a patch if not bug fixes?
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Just a bit of an OT post here, but I read the title of this thread in a British accent.

Back on track, haven't bug fix patches taken longer than other one. Hasn't it usually always taken a while for bugs to get fixed in each iteration? At least, that's how I remember it.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    Ifreshyeh wrote: »
    Anyways, belittling aside, I really don't know what they want us to expect from a patch if not bug fixes?
    "New ways to play every month" is the claim they want to stick to I guess, so we get these monthly patches that add whatever in addition to bug fixes. I personally wish they'd focus a bit more on the bug fixing though, or split up the bug patches and content patches
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Just a bit of an OT post here, but I read the title of this thread in a British accent.

Back on track, haven't bug fix patches taken longer than other one. Hasn't it usually always taken a while for bugs to get fixed in each iteration? At least, that's how I remember it.

Supposedly this iteration were to have bugs fixed quicker due to the live service which to some degree they are but the issue is that the bigger bugs like culling, relationship decaying and bugs that have been around since at least one year ago have not been fixed yet.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

Because you're accusing the developers of fraud and motivating users to fill their forums with fraudulent arguments while I can demonstrate that the product works perfectly, exceeds all specifications, and is absolutely gorgeous. I'm substantiating the defensive argument with engineering knowledge so leave the community and find a lawyer if your only intention is to attack the developers.

Don't you know you can't speak for everyone? I don't care how much engineering knowledge you have, their product does not work perfectly. Not even close. The last two points are your opinion and don't depend on your 'engineering knowledge' anyway.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation (claiming bugs are nonexistent and the result of 'user incompetence' is insulting and not constructive) then you should avoid posting. That level of ignorance matches that of some other posters who use hateful speech to try and prove their points.
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    EA only cares about Battlefront... EA has been one the worst companies I accoutered. They show no attention to the sims franchise, and I don't see why they don't use there budget to get what customers want. If they did put in what the customers want the sims would sell better.. ;)
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited August 2016
    Silly OP, how can you complain when they just gave us cell phone colors! *dangles shiny colors in front of you* Look at the colored cell phone...there is no such thing as bugs...you are getting sleepy... ;)
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

It's always taken a few months to fix bugs in previous games. However, this one creates more than it fixes, and many bugs since last year, and even 2 years ago have not been fixed. Meanwhile, they sneak in little tidbits like culling, relationship culling, relationship decay, nerfing of content, etc.

It is not new that some bugs never get fixed. But I think the issue (just by reading) is that it is starting to feel insulting to players when features many feel are not important are added and bugs that are important to them are not addressed.

I could also be wrong.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • QuickThingsQuickThings Posts: 20 New Member
    Haha, thank you MocaJava, you are right, all the bugs are by design, silly me, hence there is nothing to fix ;-)

And seriously, I understand that my thread here comes off strong but it has been more than two months now and NONE of the bugs/issues has been addressed whatsoever in any of the patches, not to mention that this one has no Dine Out fixes at all, yet each of the Stuff Packs released received a TON of fixes-related attention in that timeframe.
    Haha, thank you MocaJava, you are right, all the bugs are by design, silly me, hence there is nothing to fix ;-)

And seriously, I understand that my thread here comes off strong but it has been more than two months now and NONE of the bugs/issues has been addressed whatsoever in any of the patches, not to mention that this one has no Dine Out fixes at all, yet each of the Stuff Packs released received a TON of fixes-related attention in that timeframe.
    I don't get it either. Waterslide and nanny bugs fixed with 2 weeks of release... but several parts of DO, that annoying OR moodlet, loads of base game things, etc remain broken. I'm not sure how they prioritize which things get fixed.
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

I don't get it either. Waterslide and nanny bugs fixed with 2 weeks of release... but several parts of DO, that annoying OR moodlet, loads of base game things, etc remain broken. I'm not sure how they prioritize which things get fixed.

I don't really know anything about fixing software so I could be totally wrong but I guess I assume that some things are easier to find and/or fix and they just push out what they have done when they have it done rather than putting it in any kind of "order" per se. I mean, I guess if there's just one team of bug-fixers with only a few people on it, they should prioritize by date and/or severity of the bug but, again, I assume they don't have a tiny team for these things. IOW, if it were me and I had a good sized team I'd have a few people who worked on the quick fixes and push those out a soon as I could while others would work on lengthier or more complex problems and get them out as quickly as they could which could take a lot longer.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper