Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need more careers

I am enjoying the Sims 4. I just wish we could have more careers added. Since there are no rabbit holes to take up lot space it seems like it would be possible to add some new careers for the sims.
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Comments

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I agree, especially more active careers.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    The 'Military' and 'Political' careers haven't been added yet. Military outfits and salute, and Political Sim figures kissing babies. :)
  • SamtapletSamtaplet Posts: 151 Member
    Guys guees what i found 3 mods that introduce 3 new careers. Although i wont be sharing them until i become a full member so like this comment to help me out.
    Origin Id: ActuallySammy
  • MissMaddy1021MissMaddy1021 Posts: 83 Member
    Same, I am through with all these rabbit hole careers.
  • SamtapletSamtaplet Posts: 151 Member
    vessme wrote: »
    I am enjoying the Sims 4. I just wish we could have more careers added. Since there are no rabbit holes to take up lot space it seems like it would be possible to add some new careers for the sims.

You could get the biology career and the politic career and have you tried the teacher career it works for some people. BTW the teacher may work for you even if its out of date. It works for me.

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=4&f=229&showType=1
    http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/130510778822/the-sims-4-politics-mod-pack
    Origin Id: ActuallySammy
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    Thank you Samtaplet. I haven't tried any mods yet. I may look into that idea.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • fluffykinsfluffykins Posts: 37 Member
    I would like to see a vet career, if we ever get pets in this game -.-'
  • thundergimmickthundergimmick Posts: 140 Member
    Agreed, I never understood why the list is so short. We could have many different careers to choose from. And what about part time jobs? I would like to be able to have part time jobs like sims 3 had.
    tumblr_mjgcdaX8gw1rfyso2o1_500.gif
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited August 2017
    I totally feel like they could add the military, teacher, and part time jobs in a patch. Also we need the ability to register a sim as business or restaurant owner for those ambitions sims.
    Edit we also need townies that have mail deliver, gardener, etc to keep their jobs when they move in. It could just be easter egg jobs.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2017
    We definitely need more careers I'm getting bored with the ones we have. I miss the teacher, lawyer, day care, architect, vet, dance, film & military careers as well as the previous part time jobs from Sims 3 & 2
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    We just need more "normal careers" in the game. It surprised me a bit when the game just came out and there were a spy career, an astronaut career etc, but no business career :D The letter was patched in later, but there's still a teacher and millitary career missing. Both are available with mods, but it's ridiculous that the careers still aren't in vanilla game.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want more active careers since you don't have to go with them everyday. I don't care for sim just leaving to go to a rabbit hole job. I get that in a big household it might actually help to have one less sim for awhile though.
    I hope we get a military career.. I almost don't care if its a rabbit hole. I want to play General Grunt (sims2 premade) in my game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • GirlyyamersGirlyyamers Posts: 3 New Member
    they should add more careers like, singers, makeup artists, gamers, youtubers, and general jobs
  • Simtarris22Simtarris22 Posts: 75 Member
    A full fledge Fashion Designer Please!!!!!
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    they should add more careers like, singers, makeup artists, gamers, youtubers, and general jobs

Gamers and ''Youtubers'' are already in the game.
  • MalinKrogMalinKrog Posts: 26 Member
    I would love some careers that aren't "high status" jobs, like construction worker, fast food worker etc. Maybe with just 5 levels where the sims wouldn't earn that much when they reach the top of the career.

I would also love to have a veterinarian career, a teaching career and a law career. Basically there aren't enough "regular" careers in my opinion.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    MalinKrog wrote: »
    I would love some careers that aren't "high status" jobs, like construction worker, fast food worker etc. Maybe with just 5 levels where the sims wouldn't earn that much when they reach the top of the career.

I would also love to have a veterinarian career, a teaching career and a law career. Basically there aren't enough "regular" careers in my opinion.

Yeah. And lower wages too... the teen jobs get tons of money per hour. LIke 20-30 simoleons per hour, most of em!! It is crazy. Can't we have MINIMUM WAGE? Like, 10 simoleons per hour? 5? 7.50?
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    The list is quite limited. It is great to have a business not so great to always have to be there for it to be open. I've been using mod careers too. The only issue is that the pay range doesn't make those careers worthwhile most of the time. But if you are interested there is the biology, military, self-employment and education career mods. I didn't include the biology career since someone already linked it.

modthesims.info/download.php?t=589879
    modthesims.info/download.php?t=588065
    modthesims.info/download.php?t=586618
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I would like more playable jobs. I would also enjoy some work at home jobs for parents. I know there are mods for this but it would be a nice addition to the game.
  • SimPurzionSimPurzion Posts: 2 New Member
    I would definitely like to see more careers as well. I don't care about the go-with-them/playable kind, but the rabbit hole type ones. It seems so lacking. I miss the military, mystic and education careers the most. I also enjoyed the at-home professions like gardener, fisherman, painter and so on. I hope they consider putting in new ones (or bringing back old ones from previous games.)
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I need self-employment! Most of my sims have the "unemployed" tag, even though they're working their little sim butts off at home, and making heaps of money. I want a tool (sort of like the Clubs one), where I can choose what they do, where they do it, and when they do it. I'd never run out of careers again.
  • BiggieCheeseBiggieCheese Posts: 435 Member
    They should add a pilot career in my opinion
    ~Keep on chit-chatting, saying this and that
    Talkin talkin talkin
    I do what I do, so you do you
    Dirty dirty
    You can’t stop me lovin’ myself
    ~
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    I really just want more normal cAreers. I've never played the spy career.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I miss the self employed careers too.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited October 2017
    Absolutely! We need:

More "normal" careers (and a revamp on the old ones changing the daily tasks a little and such)
    Part-time jobs for YA+ sims
    More semi-active careers like the ones in City Living.
    Self-employment
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.