Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for Gamescom Q&A Panel

Since there is a Q&A panel happening at Gamescom, I thought it would be nice if there was a thread just full of questions for people who are attending Gamescom in case they're having trouble coming up with their own. I assume that there will be no talk of future content at the panel. I appreciate it if someone could ask any of these.

1. How effective has the release strategy for TS4 been in regards to maintaining existing fans and attracting new ones?

2. TS4 is quickly approaching the two year mark which typically has been the halfway point for previous games. Is there anything the studio will be doing differently going forward?

3. How does the studio deal with the criticism and negative feedback that TS4 has received for the past two years, and how does the studio deal with negative feedback in contrast to positive feedback?

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    @Writin_Reg and @Polyrhythm - I agree. I don't think EA can expect us to take any claims of "improving communication" seriously until they address this question.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I don't think you should get your hopes up too high.

They won't answer any toddler questions or anything else about things to come and I doubt they'll share they're plans for culling.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    crinrict wrote: »

They won't answer any toddler questions or anything else about things to come and I doubt they'll share they're plans for culling.

@Crinrict: I understand you're going to the panel? Do you know if you'll be allowed to (or will want to :D ) share what they say with us?
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I would love to ask some questions, but since they never answer the once we want to hear there's no point, sadly.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    crinrict wrote: »

@Crinrict: I understand you're going to the panel? Do you know if you'll be allowed to (or will want to :D ) share what they say with us?

I don't know at this point. I will try and find out beforehand once I'm there what we can share though
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

I don't think they could deflect any question about their failure to disclose added game mechanics in previous patch notes as "questions about future content", at least.
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    don't expect anything meaningful to come out of this they will deflect anything and try to focus on whats your favourite world questions
  • azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    For this Q&A to have any credibility at all, the toddlers question must be asked and responded to. This is the #! question players have asked for 2 years and MUST be asked at the very least. If there isn't a question dealing with toddlers, we'll all know this Q&A was set up by EA and is of no interest to any of us.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I don't think it is a Q&A panel. The word "panel" usually refers to a consultative. Ie the people invited onto the panel will be giving the feedback, not doing the asking questions.
    For this Q&A to have any credibility at all, the toddlers question must be asked and responded to. This is the #! question players have asked for 2 years and MUST be asked at the very least. If there isn't a question dealing with toddlers, we'll all know this Q&A was set up by EA and is of no interest to any of us.

But why ask a question that you already know the answer to ? They won't talk about it as it's future content so the answer is: We can't talk about that.
    AHQ Tutorial

I agree with crin, there's no way toddlers are getting talked about at this Q&A. Better to hope to get serious answers about decisions they've already made and haven't answered for than trying to squeeze out any information about upcoming content.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    -Hey Rachel, any more plans for dance parties in the future?

Why are you always so obsessed with Rachel and her dance party? :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Are you going to turn this Q&A Panel into a party? *Clap Clap*
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I don't think it is a Q&A panel. The word "panel" usually refers to a consultative. Ie the people invited onto the panel will be giving the feedback, not doing the asking questions.

Nah, it really just means there's more than just one person and a host on stage. Most panels I've attended are not consultative; those are the exception.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited August 2016
    This is my thing why have this Q & A thing if your not going to answer questions that means something the toddlers for thing example Are we getting them yes or no .Hello it's a yes or no question not hard EA.I'm a patient Sims player that doesn't really play with toddlers but this is for people that do want them or would like them back inthe game atleast.
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Ok well that should answer it for those wanting toddlers same old answer we can't talk about it or won't talk about it whatever the case is like I said I'm a patient sims player that can wait for them if they are coming just to have them in the game.
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top