Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What features do you want and what are you willing to give up for it?

Apparently these days we have to give up stuff in order to get what we want in the Sims. For me, I really wanted toddlers and other distinct life stages. I wanted teens and elders to be more different than YAs (different heights, different clothes, more unique interactions and animations, etc).

For that, I would have been willing to give up: Ghosts, tragic clowns, aliens, Luxury Party Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, the baking skill, the current retail system, Get Together and Outdoor Retreat.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate these features... I do like most of the ones I listed. Except retail. I hate what they did to the retail system so much, more than anything in the entire Sima series. But if we are being told we need to give stuff up, then that's what I personally would have been willing to give up to see the life stages more fleshed out.

What about you guys? What are your most wanted features and what tradeoffs would you take?

Comments

• Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    I probably wouldve given up TS4 for TS5
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    Apparently these days we have to give up stuff in order to get what we want in the Sims. For me, I really wanted toddlers and other distinct life stages. I wanted teens and elders to be more different than YAs (different heights, different clothes, more unique interactions and animations, etc).

For that, I would have been willing to give up: Ghosts, tragic clowns, aliens, Luxury Party Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, the baking skill, the current retail system, Get Together and Outdoor Retreat.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate these features... I do like most of the ones I listed. Except retail. I hate what they did to the retail system so much, more than anything in the entire Sima series. But if we are being told we need to give stuff up, then that's what I personally would have been willing to give up to see the life stages more fleshed out.

What about you guys? What are your most wanted features and what tradeoffs would you take?

The Sims feature(s) that I'd like back would be ts3's open world and ts2's humor and depth. The tradeoff that I'd take for that to happen would be to have somebody besides EA/Maxis to bring that into fruition and I would trade ts4 and all of its stuff packs and eps for that to happen.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I don't think I want to give up ALL that stuff you do- lol.

But I really want Open World (okay, I'd settle for Open Neighborhood) and in exchange I'd gladly endure somewhat longer load screens and while I don't even believe that the number of sims at venue would really decrease since there seems to be plenty of people about anyway but if there was some shifting of the population then so be it.

I really want CASt returned and again if my load time extended then so be it- it was never that big a deal anyway. I'd also trade basements and the larger number of pre-made/pre-colored items that are coming with packs as I can't use most of them anyway because they don't fit my style.

I want the ability to sculpt the land of my lots adding hills, streams, true ponds ect and I'd trade Outdoor Retreat as a whole for that.

I really want the ability to place my own lots within a neighborhood where I want to place them in the same fashion as Sims 2 and 3 and I don't think I should have to trade anything for that. It should just be a given.

Along with the above trades in my post, they can have the clown, ghosts, the baking skill (which really I think could just be a part of cooking), several of the parties (I only use Birthday, wedding and occasionally house), the party hats, the tiki bar, the repairman and maybe some other stuff but that's a good enough negotiating spot to start- LOL!
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I would probably want Toddlers than an expansion pack...
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016
    Silly walks and a broken emotional system for toddlers especially since both things were stated to be priority over a life stage. I would have given up culling, relationship culling, relation decay, angry poops, pee like a champion, and notification service workers for a better planned out system. I would also give up Sims 4 memory system for the Sims 2 one.

I would give up a lot of Sims 4 recipes for better kitchen appliances. I would give up stuff packs to get two EPs per year again. I would give up the Sims 4 world to at least get the Sims 2 world design again. I would give up smart phones for landline phones. I would give up rabbit hole transportation and hidden lots for real transportation and community lots.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'd trade all of the Stuff Packs for Toddlers.

I'd also be happy with just Expansion Packs. Restaurants could've been part of Metropolis/Apartments/Nightlife type of EP, even Get Together.

Spa Day could've been part of a FreeTime EP and Outdoor Retreat part of a Vacation EP.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I've already given up open world, create-a-style, terrain tools, toddlers, proper teens, etc. etc., for what? Culling, relationship decay, so-called multi tasking, emotions that mean my sim is bi-polar, loading screens, inability to edit towns...we've given up much more than we got.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I would give up Get Together for Seasons.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited August 2016
    I will give up the fake cars, half of the animations used for cooking and bartending, sunny days,friendship declining.Replace it with real cars,friendship last longer,cold and rainy days. Add snow plus my married sims have one love interest.
    Post edited by beville on
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Ifreshyeh wrote: »
    I probably wouldve given up TS4 for TS5

With the state of Sims 4 right now, I would too.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    More romantic animations,kisses and more places to woohoo with the shower being high on that list. In addition I want in bed animations and slowdancing.

I also want auto roofs to return as well as cars and bring on carnivals.
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I'd give up:
    1: Tragic Clowns
    2: 'Luxury Party'
    3: 'Halloween Stuff'
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2016
    Oh and an online dating app and seasons for weather,skating and outerwear.

Another thing I want is an open cinema,wedding veils bandannas and gift giving.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited August 2016
    "Let's see... I have here Sims 2 Life stories, Sims Medieval and Sims 3 with the Ambitions and World Adventures. They can be all yours if you give me a full autonomy off mode where "no free will" means exactly that. No more waking up in the middle of the night to take a bath!
    It's a rather niche want, so you cannot expect me to give up anything from the current game for that.

And have a look at these guys! - Hey, line up, slaves! - Now how's that? Trained nannys, repairmen, gardeners and tragic clowns, all at your command! For these highly skilled individuals I want swimming in natural bodies of water. ALL rivers, oceans and lakes, existing and yet to come. Mind you, these npc were all high in demand from the community, so my offer is nothing to scoff at! I'll even throw in the acting inappropriately and townies getting jobs on their own (good riddance...)!

I also have an only slightly used retail system and a smattering of active careers to offer. I'll keep the aliens and all the build/buy/CAS stuff, though. So how about giving me CASt for that? I mean not just a color wheel, but also patterns, fabrics. What are you saying? You want the full EP back? Well, then throw in an easy to use tool to edit the worlds' background graphics and we have a deal.

As for a real edit world tool, you can have Origin for that. Yes, I know that's a difficult wish, but see, Origin is for more than just Sims 4, so it's a real steal."
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I would give up any future content to have the Create-A-Style tool back.
  • Options
    Phoenix_RainxPhoenix_Rainx Posts: 677 Member
    I'd give up Dine Out for Generations
    tumblr_inline_nhvx4yvpMj1t79ug6.gif
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    More romantic animations,kisses and more places to woohoo with the shower being high on that list. In addition I want in bed animations and slowdancing.

Yes! This! I would give up most of the packs for this. I also want toddlers (Like everyone), seasons, pets, supernatural.
    Although, I definately wouldn't give up ghosts for anything. I think sims 4 is really enjoyable, it just needs a lot more work.
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    I'd give up these forums for a less petty and irritating place. Oh wait! I can already do that!