March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crowded Frat

willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
Hey guys. I've been curious and wanted to get input before I did it in game.

I have too many sims kicking around the Frat. I try to keep it at 6 - max. If i moved some of the guys out, could they move back in later, or are they out of the dorm forever then?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited August 2016
    The max number of sims in household should be 8. Try making more friends outside of that greek house. The more they have friends, the higher is the level and the higher is the level, the more sims can join in. You can click on one of "greek letter" wall decorations (If you don't have any, buy some. They should be in decoration/wall in buy mode and is usually white).
  • willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    I know the max number the game will let me have. I just don't want to control more than 6 sims on a college lot. I have greek lettering. I know how to check their status. They're at a high enough level they can have unlimited members.

I have seven living in the frat right now. And I wanted to move one of the 'townie sims' out so the house could be filled with just my personal sims.

I just wanted to know if that sim, having been moved out of the greek house, would be able to, at a later date, move back into the greek house.
  • FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    Yes you can move them back in later
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    if those roommates aren't controlable with a plumbob above their head, they're not counted as the 8.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    Yes you can move them back in later

Thank you!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    if those roommates aren't controlable with a plumbob above their head, they're not counted as the 8.

I didn't think you could have NPCs in a Greek house. Given that a Greek house is only slightly different from a regular residential residence and treated nothing like a dorm, it seems moving one in would automatically make him/her playable.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    I have too many sims kicking around the Frat. I try to keep it at 6 - max. If i moved some of the guys out, could they move back in later, or are they out of the dorm forever then?

No problem as long as playable sims are left in the greek house. You can even have frat members who never move into the greek house.
    A dormitory can not be a greek house, by the way.

Anmirla wrote: »
    I didn't think you could have NPCs in a Greek house.

You can't. Once they 'move in' they're your Sims now. NPCs can be 'members' that live else-where. Have them Rush and 'join' but never move them in.

A dormitory can not be a greek house, by the way.

You're right. I saw I'd written 'dorm' in my original question when I'd meant 'frat', but it was only way after the fact. That was on me. My bad.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I didn't think you could have NPCs in a Greek house.

You can't. Once they 'move in' they're your Sims now. NPCs can be 'members' that live else-where. Have them Rush and 'join' but never move them in.

That's what I thought. Greek houses are zoned as regular residentials. When you start a new Greek house, your Sim must rent (buy) the house then "apply for charter" by phone. Any Sims moved in via any of the pledging methods should then become playable.
    I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything after all of these years! :p

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    hello. I said if. they're not, so that's answered.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything after all of these years! :p

You're all good. All you said lines up with everything I've understood about Greek Houses.