Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Cant post anymore Glitch Fixed

Comments

• alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Allright this is great. But now is the question was it a glitch or do you have to register a sims game?
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    edited August 2014
    julieabra wrote: »
    did you all register a sims game too? as soon as i did i could post

I only have TS2 UC, TS4 CAS demo and my preorder of TS4 digital deluxe on origin.

Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    yes i can post now! once i got origin to finally stop crashing i registered my sims game and it worked. im so happy.

Huzzah!
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Allright this is great. But now is the question was it a glitch or do you have to register a sims game?

No, I didn't register a sims game on my unicorn account. That email doesn't even exist :/
  • lanna_rawrlanna_rawr Posts: 25 Member
    > @julieabra said:
    > did you all register a sims game too? as soon as i did i could post
    No, I've had sims 3 games registered already. Since this new forum was created i've been pretty much lurking and not posting, so I thought that might have been something to do with why i suddenly wasn't able to post at all. Apparently that wasn't why. lol I wonder what happened. :o
  • julieabrajulieabra Posts: 58 Member
    @alyssasim87 thank you for helping me out. i didnt know what to do. also thank you to everyone who has helped. i was reading this post when i couldnt respond.
    So it looks like it was a glitch. Glad I was able to speak up about it. Maybe the mods noticed and fixed it. Anyway glad everyone can post now.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • IggyMoondustIggyMoondust Posts: 28 Member
    I didn't register any of my games. I actually couldn't because they were all connected to my other account so I'm so happy that it's letting me post here without them :D
  • StopRewindStopRewind Posts: 7 New Member
    Yey! My first post! Finally. :) I think it was a glitch because I have not registered a sims game.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    You need a Sims game registered to post. I have heard rumors even that you may have to have the base game to post in the future but of course that is just rumor - but needing at least one sims base or ep game has always been the only way you could post on the forum. I know on the sims 3 board my hubby tried to post from his machine a while back and because he had no sims games on his pc even it would not let him post. He had to come on my pc to post. So they probably finally have that back in place.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• julieabrajulieabra Posts: 58 Member
    i hope it doesnt mean that you have to register the sims 4 base game. i dont know if i want it yet. im still happy with 3.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You need a Sims game registered to post. I have heard rumors even that you may have to have the base game to post in the future but of course that is just rumor - but needing at least one sims base or ep game has always been the only way you could post on the forum. I know on the sims 3 board my hubby tried to post from his machine a while back and because he had no sims games on his pc even it would not let him post. He had to come on my pc to post. So they probably finally have that back in place.

Not on these forums, that's how the trolls got in so easily. Some members tested it then saying you don't even need a valid email address not to mention a game and I just did that a few seconds ago. Opened an account with a made up email, no games and I posted.
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    This happened to me a few hours today; I am just able to post now.

This origin account doesn't have my Sims games registered on it (my other does) so I don't think I needed a game to post on here. It's odd that it happened, though.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    i hope it doesnt mean that you have to register the sims 4 base game. i dont know if i want it yet. im still happy with 3.
    I don't see how they could require this since the forums has both TS3 and TS4. But perhaps they could require people to have at least one Sims game registered?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Maybe in two weeks they'll do just like bioware does on their BSN: You need a registered mass effect game to participate on mass effect sub forums, and you need a dragon age game to participate on the respective dragon age sub forums.

My guess is, you'll need a registered sims 4 game to participate on TS4 section (after launch), and probably we would need a TS3 game to participate on the TS3 sections here.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • ChimericalPeaceChimericalPeace Posts: 38 Member
    I couldn't post for a few hours it seems. I'd say there's a bug causing it or it was a glitch in the system, but I can't be sure since no one tells us anything.
    Well looks like its fixed now. So Im glad everyone can post now.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • almondalmond Posts: 153 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh yay I am able to post again too?

Edit: I am.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    It was required for Sims 3 forum though. I know we could go to the Sims 3 forum when it was first running with no games registered and just discus the coming game up until the game came out - then they shut down any posting ability unless you registered the game. Unless they are just testing that out seeing it comes out in two weeks. Although I am not sure how they will contain it on here having the two sites together. That will be interesting anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It was required for Sims 3 forum though. I know we could go to the Sims 3 forum when it was first running with no games registered and just discus the coming game up until the game came out - then they shut down any posting ability unless you registered the game. Unless they are just testing that out seeing it comes out in two weeks. Although I am not sure how they will contain it on here having the two sites together. That will be interesting anyway.

they could probably make you register the sims 4 to use the sims 4 section. i hope not though. that would actually cause some trouble considering alot of simmers have said they are going to wait for reviews before purchasing the game
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • OceanBlue10OceanBlue10 Posts: 361 Member
    All I ask EA to do is to stop the ability of us being able to see who has been flagged etc. It has caused nothing but trouble.
    I think every simmer has a right to anonymity and allowing us to see who's done what isn't good. I was going to mention this to a new thread yesterday but I didn't want to start a riot.
  • pink0chidpink0chid Posts: 59 Member
    HI EVERYONE! :)
    Can you guys please help me to become a full member?
    Maybe give me a like or two? :#
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    pink0chid wrote: »
    HI EVERYONE! :)
    Can you guys please help me to become a full member?
    Maybe give me a like or two? :#

Hello @pink0chid :)
    Welcome to the forums!

You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself

It would be good to post in the off topic section of the forums also.
  • pink0chidpink0chid Posts: 59 Member
    Thank you very much @rosemow :)
    I'm new at this, so I haven't quite figured it out yet :#
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    pink0chid wrote: »
    Thank you very much @rosemow :)
    I'm new at this, so I haven't quite figured it out yet :#

You're welcome :) Keep posting in the different sections of the forums and you will soon get the required points and posts to become a full member .