Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone played the Critters family??

kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
Oh my goodness. I just moved the Critters family (the 2 dog family in the sims 2 library). I had to stop. Broke my heart. They dont know how to eat from a bowl and were heading into starving. Fed them treats. Finally decided to try leaving a lunch meat sandwich on the floor. This they would eat. They dont know how to sleep in beds either. Always curling up on the floor and "getting comfortable". Hostile to people I understand, but the rest broke my heart and I had to stop. :'( In all my years I never played the pre made Critters family. Now I think I am sorry I did.

kim
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I've read about that before... that they're set to be hard to train or care for. :(

I have the pet codes in a Startup file so I can control all of the pets and they're easy to train and get into healthy habits. :)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Well, one way to make them eat from bowl is to cook a meal. If they go eat it, scold them.
    Why did you stop? Don't give up! One of the dogs is pregnant! You do want to see those puppies, do you?
    And if you don't mind using cheats, feel free to use these codes:
    boolProp controlPets true
    boolProp petActionCancel true
    Then you can control pets and cancel their actions. Make them eat from bowl, then have a sim praise them.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There are some pet cheats that will allow the player to actually control the pets in TS2, I don't always use them, but for those dogs I do for a little while, at least for the eating part. I'll have the dogs eat, and then I'll have the human do a positive reinforcement to get those dogs turned around when it comes to eating.

The list of cheats are on this link, just go down to where it says Pets cheats.
    http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=cheats
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Thank you all for the ideas and links. I was just so shocked. I never played them before and have never had any, even the strays act like this. I am very sensitive when it comes to pets. Especially dogs. I have 2 rescues myself. It was just so sad.

kim :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Yeah, you will need to train them to "come", then "eat from bowl".
    Has Sarah started showing signs yet? ;) It's about to get harder if she hasn't.

I moved them into an old folks home I built that is run by Don Lothario as therapy pets. :D>:) Before he started in the medical career, he had double-majored in botany in addition to medicine. Let's just say he experiments with certain plants and the residents have a high turn over rate in the home. :*
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif