Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many hours have you spent towards The Sims 3?

Comments

• FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    A ton, it's my favorite game in the whole universe basically.

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    According to my Origin counter: 839

Most likely more than that, since there were two or three times it didn't add to the count. I feel It's most likely up near1,3-- ! I think I might be addicted here...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    I don't play through Origin and I've bypassed the Launcher to save time on loading. I have been playing since 2009 so my guess would be 500+ hours. I can't play longer than 4 hours in a sitting. Two hours is how long I usually play but I do play for four hours if I'm really into my gameplay or building and decorating :)
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    On your origin's My Games tab, roll over The Sims 3 base game and let me know how many hours you've played The Sims 3! I wanna know!

Been playing since 2009. My game is installed entirely from disks and does not go through Origin. I am using the Launcher right now but there have been times I have bypassed the Launcher when EA broke it. I would guess my game time would be in the 1000's. I logged over 1400 hours on TS4 in less than a year and I have spent far more time on TS3 going back to 2009.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Origin says about 50 hours, but I launch through Steam as a non-Steam game, so it doesn't keep track; just that the last time I played was yesterday. My guess is upwards of 500, but definitely less than 750 or so.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I don't use Origin or the launcher to launch and I've played for hundreds of hours over the years with my legacies.I got more into the game after installing Mods and fixing the issues.I play multiple families in a single game though use of Mods that turn it into TS2 open world for TS3.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • fendelhorgfendelhorg Posts: 2 New Member
    It says on Origin that I have played 631 hours in the sims 3 and 441 hours played in the sims 4.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    1800 hours :0

I played almost constantly during a 6 month period when I was off work due to sickness so I got a lot of play time in there.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    A few thousand, hard to know. A few times I have gone weeks without loading it up and then I have had many 12 hour long binge play sessions. I would say 3000 hours is a low estimate. Somewhere between three and six thousand hours? I don't play attached to Origin. According to Origin I don't play at all.

• cocococo Posts: 2,723 Member
    I never want to update to Origin but it's one cool feature to know how many hours that you have invested in a game. I can't even guess how many I've done :open_mouth:.
  • skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    With sims 3 I have played somewhere, in the thousands. I play anywhere from 3 hours to 10 hours when I play sims 3. I don't play through origin or the launcher, I own all the game disc for sims 3.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member
    I installed the game November 2, 2015 and have played 3488 hours since then.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    I didn't use Origin to play my game until I made a boo-boo and and upgraded to patch 1.69 I've played A LOT before Origin was required, though have slowed since. I've now only got a measly 211 hours since the patch came out some time in Nov, 2015.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I played 423 hrs on Steam before I switched to installing from Origin. I bypassed the Launcher for 2 years and never ran Origin when playing. Then I upgraded to 1.69 and since then have put in 495 hrs. So, close to 900 hrs tracked plus all the hours in those 2 years.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited August 2016
    My origin says over 1000 hours now iirc. I can't check atm I think like 1300 or something though. And that's like only maybe a year of it counting because I used discs before. Probably more like 6 months.

Now I do leave my game open lots when I'm not playing so that's not an accurate total but still it gives you a scary idea as to how much I've played over the last 7 years.

Edit: Didn't realize this was 2 years old or that I answered already. But whatever, I guess this is just an update. Oh and since I got onto a computer 1486 hours on sims 3 according to Origin, in the last 6-12 months. I need a life.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I have played, how to say... an unhealthy amount I'm sure. I dont run it through Origin, but in the first month of owning Sims 4, I played about 500 hours, if thats any indicator, based on rough math, I have to assume, somewhere around 3000-4000 a year, for the past 2-3 years.
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    My daughter and I started playing TS3 in January of this year and origin clocks in at 664 hours so far. Seems like we've played more than that, but we always launch the game from there, so I guess it must be right. LOL :D
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Origin says 433 hours, though this doesn't count all of my offline hours and a while back I had 600-700 hours on Sims 3 and then Origin made the number go down to 0 for whatever reason :anguished: I've only been playing since April of last year...
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • ilovekittens189ilovekittens189 Posts: 33 New Member
    463 hours. I had to re-buy it.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    What a fun topic to bump :)

I only recently started using Origin to launch my game this year so it says 500 hours but it is way more than that.
    Now at 830 hrs

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    Well Raptr (which doesn't always work) tells me 176 right now and I don't remember when I got Raptr and I know I played more than I could count before I did. I don't use Origin for Sims 3 (the launcher is always complaining "can't connect to Origin" I know! lol) so I really have no idea...random guess? In the many hundreds? 1000? No clue. I've had Sim breaks or where I played TS2 all the time but i've logged many into TS3 as well! Especially since i've been playing TS3 since the base game I believe...my memory is plum.
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    In one particular installation, about 800 hours. On a different installation is probably way more.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    I don't play Sims 3 through Origin. In fact, I've stopped playing Sims 2 UC and Sims 4 because I don't want to open Origin and accidentally install 1.69 - I love being able to bypass the Launcher and play the game through an FPS-limiter.
    I've played the game since 2009. There are months that I don't play much at all, and days that I play 20 hours... I really have no idea, and I think I'm glad I don't. :wink:
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited August 2016
    KarinL wrote: »
    I don't play Sims 3 through Origin. In fact, I've stopped playing Sims 2 UC and Sims 4 because I don't want to open Origin and accidentally install 1.69 - I love being able to bypass the Launcher and play the game through an FPS-limiter.
    I've played the game since 2009. There are months that I don't play much at all, and days that I play 20 hours... I really have no idea, and I think I'm glad I don't. :wink:

I play The Sims 2 UC and don't have to turn on Origin to do so. I do need to if I want to Play TS4 but not TS2UC :)
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    617 hours and counting