Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All the ways a single sim can get children?

So, I know you can wish for one from the wishing well.
I know you can adopt.
You can get kids from time travel to the past. I've read that you can get them from travel to the future but have seen no one ever mention it, and never seen it myself.
Plantsim babies though they can only have other plant sims unless cured.
Cloning, but the baby is unrelated to anyone. Are clone voucher babies related?
Door of Life and death doesnt really need a partner I suppose.
Technically I guess engineering a baby in the future can be done by a single sim, I dont think your sim has to be even friends with the other sim involved do they?

Am I missing any?

Comments

• MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    They won't have custody of them, but if your sim gets friendly with any sim in a WA world, they can end up having a descendent in a WA world. Yes, I've heard this even works if you have a female sim, so you can have a child and...not...know it.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I think you got all the in-game ways of having a child.

There's a mod where you can go to the hospital and pick a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or egg donor from your sim's active world. As far as the egg donor is concerned, if your sim is a male, you'll have to find a surrogate. But otherwise you can make your own baby with your desired male and female sim genetics (or use your sim's own egg, again if female) to make a child. I love this mod a lot for my gay couples. What's even better is that although the child will have the genetics of the donor sim, the donor will not show up in the family tree or have any relation with the child-- this goes for the surrogate too.

• MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Well, there is the obvious one that I don't see in your post. Having a couple try for a baby or having a sim just go out and be irresponsible (on purpose) for one.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    Technically I guess engineering a baby in the future can be done by a single sim, I dont think your sim has to be even friends with the other sim involved do they?

Actually, they have to be good friends.
    You can get kids from time travel to the past. I've read that you can get them from travel to the future but have seen no one ever mention it, and never seen it myself.

Yes, they can get child from the future. I have used time machine too much (Just to bring ghost back to life).
    Cloning, but the baby is unrelated to anyone. Are clone voucher babies related?

Clone Voucher from Generations add child to the household and they are related. Babies cloned with science skill from University Life aren't.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I've cloned a few babies using the science machine from University Life. They are the son or daughter of the sim who does the cloning experiment. Just like the plant sim baby is the child of the sim that picks them.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I once managed to have a couple of best friends try for a baby in a photo booth and they kept being friends.
    However, I can't repeat this experiement again. =(
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited August 2016
    I think engineering a baby only works with friends. I recall looking at that option in a new game and they were greyed out because my sim didn't have any friends.

In my current game, the couple I'm playing just cloned each other on the science station. The clones are not related to anyone and have no family tree, which is consistent with the other times I've cloned sims. I've never done the clone voucher, have no idea if those children are related to anyone or not.

One thing missing on your list is that male sims can get abducted and have an alien baby.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    @treynutz I didn't list abduction without thinking about it, must be a reason, maybe its cause of how low the chances are (not to mention aliens prefer abducting plumbots, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 robot fetishists) or it could be that at the time I thought of it still as a 2 sim event (one just being a stalker alien) but now that I think about it... nah it probably just slipped my mind. :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Can They Steal them from other families.... >.> <.<

~some cheats may be used in said abductions~
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Don't know if it counts, but simbots and plumbots are considered children too by the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2016
    Are my sims the only ones who just go to the grocery store and buy them? They're on the shelf, right next to the cabbage. If they run out, you can get a rain check, then the stork comes to your house and...oh wait, that was TS1 wasn't it. :p

What I really wanted to say was that science center LTR voucher clones are automatically related. Since the Do It Yourself science machine clone users are reporting different results, I wonder if it matters whose DNA is being used -- your own sim's vs. that of another?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Since the Do It Yourself science machine clone users are reporting different results, I wonder if it matters whose DNA is being used -- your own sim's vs. that of another?

I've done it both ways: A sim using his own DNA, and just recently a sim using the DNA sample of his spouse. Same results both times: the clones had no connections to any family tree.
    @treynutz I didn't list abduction without thinking about it, must be a reason, maybe its cause of how low the chances are (not to mention aliens prefer abducting plumbots, plum robot fetishists) or it could be that at the time I thought of it still as a 2 sim event (one just being a stalker alien) but now that I think about it... nah it probably just slipped my mind. :D

Abduction chances should max out at 75% by collecting enough space rocks and using telescope. Combine that with a 33% chance of alien pregnancy which, if my math is kind of sort of correct, that works out to ~25% of an alien baby? Still very low compared to the other methods. Of course, cheating with MasterController to add the Unexpected Weight Gain moodlet to a male sim will make the chance 100%. :p I haven't tried adding the moodlet to a female sim or an occult or an alien. Something to try someday.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Are my sims the only ones who just go to the grocery store and buy them? They're on the shelf, right next to the cabbage. If they run out, you can get a rain check, then the stork comes to your house and...oh wait, that was TS1 wasn't it. :p

What I really wanted to say was that science center LTR voucher clones are automatically related. Since the Do It Yourself science machine clone users are reporting different results, I wonder if it matters whose DNA is being used -- your own sim's vs. that of another?

I did it years ago with a witch who cloned herself. The baby looked like her and is a witch and has a family tree with her mother.

I did it again recently where my male genie cloned a female sim from France. The baby is now a toddler. She is female and has a family tree with my sim as her father.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2016
    What about ressurecting a dead kid at the graveyard,or is that adoption :( Plus if you wish for a large family with the genie lamp then woohoo you have triplets so technically you get 2 bonus kids. :p

Also pregnancy by aliens is not exactly planned so there is another way @SimKeats EDIT NVM @TreyNutz mentioned aliens oops
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Start up a daycare and delete the doors? That's kind of like having kids. Also kind of messed up.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    So I guess there are not really any single parent options I didnt think of, aliens might not work exactly like sims 2, but I think technically its a 2 parent thing.
    Some amusing responses though folks. :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I could have single sims get pollinated by Master Controller with a donor and become a single parent though I would pretend they got pollinated at the hospital to have a baby.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg