Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 sims looked more realistic?

I think The Sims 3 sims looked more realistic... I believe the Sims 4 has better quality, but I like the way the Sims 3 looked more...

Who agrees?

Comments

• DeadlyFangDeadlyFang Posts: 175 Member
    Yeah, I like the Sims 4 quality a lot but find that sims look a little Play-dohy (I guess?). The Sims 3 was a bit more realistic in that regard.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I agree, I simply prefer this art style.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I think the option is there for the sims 3 to look a lot more realistic. TS4 just isn't at that level and even with CC for it, the background is always going to be more plastic. TS4 is definitely more stylized, and that unfortunate IMO because it doesn't cater to a wide net of people like TS3 could.

I have a deep love for CC and semi-realistic sims and environments. So TS3 with CC fits the bill for me, but even without CC I think the environment and interactions of TS3 sims are a little more natural (some might say wooden, but I think subtle) than the very wide and large reactions of the TS4 sims.

Its unfortunate really because I really wanted TS4 to be a more diverse (choose the way you play) sort of game, but its really just a more stylized cartoony game that doesn't appeal to me as much.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I agree with @GaiaHypothesis so I won't repeat myself. I just went browsing on a site a fellow simmer suggested, and I don't think you can find this (even if edited) in TS4...

Latoya Sims:

15.png
    16.png
    12.png
    NymlADp.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sims 3 IMO...Sims 4 just look (like someone said previously) play-dohish , and also too cartoony for me.
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    edited August 2016
    jillbg wrote: »
    I agree with @GaiaHypothesis so I won't repeat myself. I just went browsing on a site a fellow simmer suggested, and I don't think you can find this (even if edited) in TS4...

Latoya Sims:

15.png
    16.png
    12.png

no definitely not.in terms of realism sims 3 wins hands down all the time.no amount of cc or content in sims 4 will make it feel or look realistic.unless your infants jumped out of their cribs and became 10 year olds right after ;)
    Post edited by MemoriiValentine on
    Happy Simming!♥
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think that TS3 Sims look real :smile:

Now TS4 Sims look good in CAS but they do t seem to match the rest of the setting
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Absolutely TS3 look more real. Even more than the no open world, the whole look of the game is what made me NOT buy TS4. I've never been so disappointed with the look of a game.
    Think Toy Story, Pixar that's the appearance of TS4 and don't even get me started on that weird bloom effect in the lighting.

I was in a shop not long ago and Sims 4 was on the shelf, a couple of 10 year olds were saying "Oh look, sims 4 really want it etc" and that to me just said it all. I honestly think the under 12's were the target audience, hence the disney style graphics.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    As was already mentioned, not just the sims themselves, but the background as well, is more realistic looking. I recently upgraded to a much better graphics card, and can now play with graphics settings on high and very high, instead of low and medium. When I opened a new town in my game after the upgrade, I was so stunned by the beauty of the opening video, especially with regards to the water with full reflections, I spent the next half hour or so opening other towns just to watch the videos.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    For me it's not just about appearances. Sims 3 does look more realistic and mannerisms are more realistic. I recently started a new Sims 4 game, in an attempt to give it another chance and I'm already tired of it. The sims, literally, never shut up. They laugh and make noises constantly in their sleep??! The constant talking to ones-self, the walk styles, the absolutely ridiculous, Stepford Wives creepiness of the smile that is forever slapped on their faces. Can you tell I'm not a fan of this game?!

That said they did bring in some good ideas that were poorly realised. The Sims 4 artstyle looks like a facebook game so while CAS is easier to use for some things, it doesn't matter as the sims look unflattering to me. Multi-tasking is fantastic, but it's pushed to such a degree that your sims rarely sit still long enough to finish a meal unless they're alone in the house. Even then, I've literally had a sim stand up with his plate and run out of the house to talk to someone on the street while he was eating. That is ridiculous. Autonomy pushes sleep in particular so much that I've got sims going to bed at 5:30pm (which an energy bar at just under half) so they're waking up at 1am. Items seem really clunky, poorly detailed (as mentioned above). The highlighting of objects, although it can be easily turned off, shouldn't be on by default. And as I've said a thousand times, the emotions system means I have an entire town that needs medication stronger than mine to regulate their moods. Unless you've got entire rooms swimming with particular emotional objects, maintaining a sims emotional state, if it's good, is difficult. I just find the emotions system wildly unrealistic and most of the bad moods they get occur from phantom experiences while they're at work.

Okay, rant over for now. I'm just disappointed they didn't fix a game that's as good as Sims 3 before moving onto Sims 4 and the last patch, from what I understand what mess that I refuse to download!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    I love my Sims 3 sims. With CC hair, skin and makeup, they look like supermodels. They can live in squats, cheap apartments, luxury penthouses, family homes, holiday villas, log cabins or castles, and fit right in with their surroundings. Sims 4 sims are fun to make, with their grab and pull bodies for variety, but the backgrounds are so cartoony, they look out of place. And are basically unplayable due to the ridiculous emotions. Sims 3 forever.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I think the Sims 3 is more realistic but not overly done. It is more "atmospheric" you could say. Here's some pics in my game. No CC or lighting mods:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @Odonata68 Nice photos!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @MiyuEmi Thank you. :) Sometimes I just take pics if something catches my eye that impresses me, like the light coming through the windows in the hallway and hitting the opposite wall on the third pic.
    I have a few more:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I don't knock anybody for liking the Sims 4. It's just not for me, and I don't understand all the hate the Sims 3 gets sometimes. I bought a mid-range gaming desktop and have had very few, if any, issues.
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    Sims 3 is undeniably more realistic looking although compared with Sims 4 it wouldn't be hard. One of the things I love in TS3 is the artistic style, I still enjoy drifting round towns and enjoying the scenery and backdrop. I am not a huge fan of ultra realistic looking sims though...they just creep me out a bit plus it seems a little incongruous to the in game behavior of the sims (at least in my game)
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I think they look more realistic too especially if you use the amount of cc and mods I do. Sims 4 sims seem to blend in no matter how much you use and have the same ugly grins as the other sims.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well here is a small example of some realism I found with TS3:

tumblr_nxleu1ZqtA1r37w3co1_500.jpg

13701264_1780093045606713_447172536154248132_o.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg