Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why free play and not us

i keep seeing posts on free play and they have sooo much.. as in game play and content...why can these not be applied to the games we pay for? Just asking

Comments

• lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    you have to pay soo much regularly for freeplay to be enjoyable lol. it's not a game you sit down an play, you go on it for like 5 mins and then open it 10+ hours later
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Because the Sims Freeplay knocks the socks off of the Sims 4. B)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Because Freeplay is a completely different kind of game. It is an MMO game which is free to play but where the game company has to tempt people to use real money on it anyway. Therefore it is in real time and such a game has to be more challenging too. It also has to get new content all the time or people will stop playing it and the minority who pay for extra content will stop paying.

The Sims 4 on the other hand is just an easy dollhouse game which is even easier and less challenging than its predecessors. It's focus is now on fast changing emotions and partying and family play has been dumped down. EA's income from such a game is mainly from selling a lot of SPs without much new gameplay in them.

Personally I prefer very much to play Freeplay over TS4 because I want a challenging game and not just a dollhouse game meant mainly for young teen girls who maybe can see themselves in the partying and in the fast changing emotions. TS4 isn't a game for me at all.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Guess I will stick with TS4 , Since I can not toss money at a game just to keep playing it, so Free Play is not the game for Me then.
    Guess I will stick with TS4 , Since I can not toss money at a game just to keep playing it, so Free Play is not the game for Me then.
    You don't need to use money on Freeplay :)

I am at the top level and I don't use money on this game ;)
    Erpe wrote: »

But you said before that Real Money is used in the game to get things, if I have no money then whats the point of playing, if I can not get things for the game?
    edited August 2016

But you said before that Real Money is used in the game to get things, if I have no money then whats the point of playing, if I can not get things for the game?
    There are a lot of all kind of things already in the free game and you unlock new things all the time just by playing the game. Later in the game you can also build houses which already have some of the things you would have had to pay for earlier. But personally I never use those special things anyway. I have all the things I need for quests already and also a huge number of other things.

The main reason to buy anything in the game is VIP. If only you buy enough to get to VIP2 then you will get daily rainbow slices which are nice to have when you need to make a sim inspired fast. I chose to buy the automatic pool cleaner for that reason because then I don't need to let my sims clean the pool anymore before using it. To get to VIP2 you need to buy a couple of other things too. But I don't even remember what I chose because I don't use those things anyway ;)

VIP3 or VIP4 are even nicer because you get more daily rainbow slices if you buy them. But they are very expensive and therefore not worth it unless you are so rich that money just doesn't matter ;)

Edit: Maybe I should just explain a couple of details which I omitted or simplified earlier:
    1. I actually play two Freeplay games. The iOS version on my iPad and the android version on another tablet.
    2. I reached top level in both games without buying anything.
    3. In my iPad games I got VIP4 as a gift and I also got some other things in this gift. But I don't use those things.
    4. In my android game I also reached top level. But then I bought VIP2 and the pool cleaner to get rainbow slices.
    5. I don't have the pool cleaner in my iPad game and I won't buy it because it wouldn't be worth it now where I already am VIP4.
    6. I am at the top level (55) in both games and therefore have 34 sims in both games.

So even though I am VIP2 and VIP4 I didn't need this to get to the top level. The rainbow slices are nice. But I save most of them anyway so I have them to be used on days where I am too busy to satisfy the sims' needs in other ways :)
    Post edited by Erpe on

There are a lot of all kind of things already in the free game and you unlock new things all the time just by playing the game. Later in the game you can also build houses which already have some of the things you would have had to pay for earlier. But personally I never use those special things anyway. I have all the things I need for quests already and also a huge number of other things.

The main reason to buy anything in the game is VIP. If only you buy enough to get to VIP2 then you will get daily rainbow slices which are nice to have when you need to make a sim inspired fast. I chose to buy the automatic pool cleaner for that reason because then I don't need to let my sims clean the pool anymore before using it. To get to VIP2 you need to buy a couple of other things too. But I don't even remember what I chose because I don't use those things anyway ;)

VIP3 or VIP4 are even nicer because you get more daily rainbow slices if you buy them. But they are very expensive and therefore not worth it unless you are so rich that money just doesn't matter ;)

Edit: Maybe I should just explain a couple of details which I omitted or simplified earlier:
    1. I actually play two Freeplay games. The iOS version on my iPad and the android version on another tablet.
    2. I reached top level in both games without buying anything.
    3. In my iPad games I got VIP4 as a gift and I also got some other things in this gift. But I don't use those things.
    4. In my android game I also reached top level. But then I bought VIP2 and the pool cleaner to get rainbow slices.
    5. I don't have the pool cleaner in my iPad game and I won't buy it because it wouldn't be worth it now where I already am VIP4.
    6. I am at the top level (55) in both games and therefore have 34 sims in both games.

So even though I am VIP2 and VIP4 I didn't need this to get to the top level. The rainbow slices are nice. But I save most of them anyway so I have them to be used on days where I am too busy to satisfy the sims' needs in other ways :)

Ah okay sounds nice, i do not have those others, i only use My Lap Top to play My games, :)