Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Horse Or Dog Simmers Out There?

Are there any other horse or dog simmers here? All the websites seem to be inactive and I would love to have someone to talk to! My ranch website isn't up yet unfortunately, but I'd love to see yours!
Visit me on the Sims 3 website!

Comments

• IomaiIomai Posts: 251 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm a dog simmer! Lol sounds weird saying that but I have a legacy that I'm writing and at the end of it, I'm opening an animal shelter (for dogs and cats). My website isn't up yet either but it's coming along slowly. I was looking around for kennel ideas and decided that's what I would do. It seems fun and I look forward to the challenge it will bring.
    Post edited by Iomai on
  • amyvityamyvity Posts: 87 Member
    @lomai That sounds really cool! I've never tried running a kennel on the Sims before!
  • IomaiIomai Posts: 251 Member
    @amyvity Yeah from what I seen, it looks fun but also challenging!
  • StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    I'm an equestrain simmer, I'm a member at Equus Sims. Its still very much active, shows are posted and people have their picture threads too :)
  • w0lfaddicti0nw0lfaddicti0n Posts: 154 Member
    I'm a simmer of both! I am going to be running a Ranch and Kennel combined. I haven't fully finished my Kennel site yet, but I have a feeling that it's going to be interesting for me to run both.
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    I am i have both horses and dogs/wolves in my stable. Do not have foals or pups yet need to breed my horse , dogs and wolves soon lol.
    @Storietime @w0lfaddicti0n @Summerskydreamer
    It's awesome to know there are others out there! I thought the EquusSims forum was inactive as I registered and have been waiting for approval for a long time now! It's nice to meet the others on here though!
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I enjoy the horses the most, probably obvious from my avatar. I don't have a commercial stable in the game, but I downloaded an Old West town that's got great atmosphere, and all my Sim families there have horses. I love playing with the genetics.
    @Stdlr9
    I love the horses the most too! Do you have a link to where you downloaded the Old West world? I love to see it!
  • StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    Maybe something went wrong with your registration at Equus. They do have strict rules to register.

But in case you haven't seen, there is a new equestrian forum just launched, its very friendly to all members of the Simming community. I'm a member of staff there, so feel free to message me here if you have any questions about registering. We'd love to see some of your horses! You can check it out here - UESN
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    amyvity wrote: »
    @Stdlr9
    I love the horses the most too! Do you have a link to where you downloaded the Old West world? I love to see it!

Here ya go! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/748196/new-world-the-wild-wild-west-by-ehaught58

Some of the residences are part of buildings like the jail and so forth, which are interesting, but I put most Sims in homes on larger lots, so I have room for box stalls and other horse equipment.
  • ZenoraZenora Posts: 63 Member
    I always put my own dog in my family and usually sneak in a horse too =3
    @Storietime
    I'll be sure to register on the forum your a staff at, it looks fun!
    @Stdlr9
    Thank you so much! It's a much larger world than I thought it would be, and perfect for my Sims!
    @Zenora
    I can't play without pets so I always add them to my family now. I currently have a small family with several horses and a dog!
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    @Storietime @w0lfaddicti0n @Summerskydreamer
    It's awesome to know there are others out there! I thought the EquusSims forum was inactive as I registered and have been waiting for approval for a long time now! It's nice to meet the others on here though!

Your welcome my avatar is my fav horse she was the first horse i ever made when i was gifted my game on that 2011 Christmas day.She has had allot of changes thru the years but still love her.
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Horse lover here! I still find it one of the biggest features of the sims 3 expansions! Basically a child dream that became true! After pets, me sims always needed big lots for their horses ^_^ never again small lots for them! I love dogs too, basically pets, supernatural and seasons are my "must have" expansions.
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    Horse lover here! I still find it one of the biggest features of the sims 3 expansions! Basically a child dream that became true! After pets, me sims always needed big lots for their horses ^_^ never again small lots for them! I love dogs too, basically pets, supernatural and seasons are my "must have" expansions.
    I love Pets and Supernatural is my next for sure! I've always wanted to own a horse as I have always rode horses and I still do to this day, so the horses on the Sims are very loved! In fact, they are probably my favorite part of the expansion- not gonna lie I was not impressed with the dogs.
  • LathensLathens Posts: 35 Member
    I'm a horse simmer too o:) I love the way it's done in the game. There's so much to do in relation to our equine friends. I was pretty into it a few years back with a barn blog etc and am thinking of starting it up again as well as making some CC and mods.

My horse in real life is 3 hours away at a neuro clinic atm, so I guess sims horses will have to do between visits :D
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    I love Pets and Supernatural is my next for sure! I've always wanted to own a horse as I have always rode horses and I still do to this day, so the horses on the Sims are very loved! In fact, they are probably my favorite part of the expansion- not gonna lie I was not impressed with the dogs.

Yeah, I love dogs, I'm a dog person at heart (I was basically raised as much by my parents as the dogs that have lived with us...) but in the sims 3 I felt they were a little... I don't know... limited? something simply seem missing. Just as much as the cats. Still, I like them, and I have no family without a pet. :) (and I love the little moodlet of witches when they have a cat in the house)
    what I basically never use are the small pets, like snakes and birds... they are so limited, basically object. I capture them just for the money :p
    Lathens wrote: »
    I'm a horse simmer too o:) I love the way it's done in the game. There's so much to do in relation to our equine friends. I was pretty into it a few years back with a barn blog etc and am thinking of starting it up again as well as making some CC and mods.

My horse in real life is 3 hours away at a neuro clinic atm, so I guess sims horses will have to do between visits :D
    I'd love to see some more horse CC and mods! Let me know if you do make any!
    Yeah, I love dogs, I'm a dog person at heart (I was basically raised as much by my parents as the dogs that have lived with us...) but in the sims 3 I felt they were a little... I don't know... limited? something simply seem missing. Just as much as the cats. Still, I like them, and I have no family without a pet. :) (and I love the little moodlet of witches when they have a cat in the house)
    what I basically never use are the small pets, like snakes and birds... they are so limited, basically object. I capture them just for the money :p
    I feel like the dogs and cats have very few things to do and few ways to interact....it really doesn't simulate dogs! I don't really play with the small pets either, kind of boring to play with!

• lilabug4545lilabug4545 Posts: 42 New Member
    I have a bunch of websites... Check them out!

sims-3-unicorn-registry.weebly.com

Kulit-stables.weebly.com

Kulit-kennels.weebly.com

Murit-registry.weebly.com

The last one I might not have shared yet, but it is getting there... I also hope that this thread becomes a bigger topic at some point...
  • lilabug4545lilabug4545 Posts: 42 New Member
    Just checked, all of the links work, but Kulit Kennels makes me cringe XD
  • Mia_KitoMia_Kito Posts: 507 Member
    I have a few canines and horses, but I'm going to start working on an independent website for animals that will be solely for breeding and 'selling' (or adopting to other websites) that will not be in alliance or contact with websites like Sims United Kennel Club or Equus Sims. It will be only for my entertainment and inspiration. I will have foals and puppies available later, but it will be a legacy/story website. I'm still in the making for it.

Also, @lilabug4545: The dog pictured on your Kulit-Kennels website is an American Bully, not an American Pit Bull Terrier. I have an American Bully and an American Pit Bull Terrier both in real life and in game. They are two separate breeds that many confuse to be the same, but I assure you, they are far from alike. Personally, I love American Bullys and breed and compete the XL American Bullies in my dog kennel in the Sims United Kennel Club website. :) Here is one of my baby girls:
    86ba3db6-00b7-47e0-925c-1d7ec3809b55_zpscpzfjxu9.jpg
    And our first American Bully male! ^^
    a45818c1-c563-49d7-8dad-108a77757adb_zpsjbl1sxvb.jpg

• sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 545 Member
    I'm a horse and dog/cat lover both in real life and on the Sims! I've never done anything like Equus Sims but have though of looking into it before. Almost all of my TS3 families have pets :smile: