Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Thank you for your kind words @pronterus <3
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Wow! @FaithofKaela , makes me want to be at the beach right now! Beautiful entry. :smiley:
    Thanks @StSciurus <3
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    Beautiful job, @FaithofKaela! In love! I especially love your creative counters. Looks like I'm downloading another lot!!!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 49 - Summer Designer Olympics
    FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: For a violinist https://www.thesims.com/gallery/81F9C70155F711E689BD00299E3A664B
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 147, 782
    TOTAL COST: 149,782
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/osiazul/slideshow/yellow
    ENTRY DETAILS: This house is for Ya Yuèzhèng. It is inspired in art deco shapes. It is a house for an artist, outdoor lover and his family. It is sunny and bright with little asian details.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    29-07-2016_19-40-25_zpsat7vzqkl.png
    29-07-2016_19-30-08_zpspmvxn7et.png
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I love that inside outside pool @FaithofKaela I like the work with the wall and windows. Also the dining area is a fav <3
    Wonderful entry, @emere ! :smiley: I love the little ballerina behind the stairs!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Beautiful entries @pronterus @FaithofKaela @emere this challenge is really bringing out the creative genius from everyone :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited August 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Adonis
    LOT COST: 129,190
    BUILD COST: 2,000
    TOTAL COST: 131,190
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/wz0kY
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose Maja Alquist, athlete representing Europe, with blue as her favourite colour. Adonis is a modern villa with contemporary landscaping and a rear garden comprising bbq patio, pool and bin storage. Interior décor is a blue scheme and covers three floors. Spacious gym at the very top with adjoining bar area and door leading to the roof terrace designed for yoga.

SIM: N/A
    ROOM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

EryW5zs.png

F27ORPz.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Fabulous entry, @masajo ! :o The judges are going to have their work cut out for them!
    @masajo - OMGosh!! What an amazing entry.

@StSciurus - agreed, wouldn't want to have to judge this one!!
    Many thanks @StSciurus and @FaithofKaela you're both way too kind :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited August 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LOT: 801 Coastal Drive
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F208822B586611E68F2C2586F7E7056B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 133,881
    TOTAL COST: 135,881
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/library/801 Coastal Drive?sort=9&amp;page=1
    ENTRY DETAILS: 801 Coastal Drive is built on the Dock Den lot in Windenburg. Having beautiful 360 degree views, it is the ideal location for a painter's retreat. With touches of green through out Chloe feels right at home. The water and the isolation reminds her of her home in Australia.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    045_zpsijl2oypd.png

030_zps63q3zh8g.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
    Wonderful entry, @gmcrozier ! :smiley: This is going to be quite a contest!
    Well my house is done, but I still have to play a few things and take pics, hope I can get it done tonight when I get home! If not, I'll still share just for fun :). I chose Xenia from the Americas, mainly because no one else picked her hehe. Haven't done any real building in a while, it was so fun!

BnS - I was reading some of the earlier challenges and thought the Four Sisters of the Apocalypse was really intriguing, was a little sad that no one made the sisters - so I'm going to! Not for entry obviously but for fun to share. I'll share their link here when I'm done. I found myself really wanting to know more about them. I think I'd even like to play them! Looks like I'll have to download one of the houses from the contest to place them in :D. (and then make the other sisters' houses, though I'm wondering if those might be future challenges - hah!)
    edited August 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: bouquetcatcher
    ORIGIN ID: bouquetcatcher
    LOT: Entrepreneur's Abode
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $145,963
    TOTAL COST: $147,963
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Entrepreneur's Abode
    ENTRY DETAILS: This home was commissioned by Xenia Caixeta: Argentinan, entrepreneur, lover of red. In reds, blacks and whites this home combines clean, modern lines with organic curves and a touch of Asia. The large open-concept first floor includes a stunning entry, state-of-the-art eat-in kitchen, large living room with fireplace, powder room, formal dining and large office. Upstairs, the spacious master suite includes a large bedroom and bath with dual sinks, enclosed toilet and a spa tub, plus a private balcony. There are two guest bedrooms/hobby rooms, currently furnished as a guest bed and a meditation/relaxation room. These share a bath, again with dual sinks and enclosed toilet. Also upstairs is a gym, or a fourth bedroom as needed. Perhaps the most amazing feature of this home is the view from the nearly wall-to-wall windows. Outside is a beautiful pool and entertainment area, plus two gardens perfect for sitting and unwinding after a hard but rewarding day at the shop.

SIM: Xenia Caixeta
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Xenia Caixeta
    ENTRY DETAILS: Xenia Caixeta: Argentinan, entrepreneur, lover of red. Ambitious, self-assured and a true genius, this beautiful and stylish business woman has the passion and drive to do anything she can dream. Where will her path lead?

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always welcome!

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (I'm not sure if I'm allowed an extra since I entered the bonus challenge? If not please let me know, I'll take one down)
    Xenia
    28137528853_6c51e89c36_c.jpg

Front of Home
    28674901521_4b11ceb968_c.jpg

Main Floor
    28674889401_61d34b7327_c.jpg
    Post edited by bouquetcatcher on
    So apparently I forgot how to make a link open in a new tab... Anyone?
    edited August 2016
    Very nice entries @gmcrozier and @bouquetcatcher!!

Right click on the link you want to open and select open in new tab xx
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Challenge #49 is now officially closed.

Good luck to all who entered.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2016
    #50 Best Laid Plans (Part 3)

Walking up the driveway to The Johnson’s home, you remember when you first met the lovely Kaye. Since that meeting you seem to have spent more and more time at their home, and have become fast friends both with her and her husband Kieran. And little Kaiden isn’t quite so little anymore, he’s heading off to senior school later this month.

Kaye has the door open already, she must have heard the car on the drive.

Enveloping you in a big hug, she asks how you are. You assure her that you are fine and deftly move past her into The Great Room. The place looks so homey, a far cry from the showroom you created for her all those years ago.

She ushers you through to the screened porch, which doubles as a sun room. The coffee has already been poured and the aroma of freshly baked cookies follows you from the kitchen. You spy a plate sat next to the coffee.

“I just wanted to say…”

You cut her off, “Kaye, I’m here for business, let’s get down to it shall we?”

She looks a little hurt, but you just can’t deal with the emotions storming around your head right now. Better to focus on something you can fix.

“OK, I’m pregnant.”

“Oh wow!” You smile, the first genuine, non forced smile since, well…

“I’m guessing that you’re wanting an extension then? Another bedroom, maybe another bathroom?”

“Well, yes, that would be great.” She says, however, you hear a ‘but’ forming.

“We’re expecting twins, so we may need more room throughout the house.”

“Congratulations. So, another double bedroom, with enough room for two cots and then two beds, or would you like a whole nother bedroom for when they are older. Do you know what sex they are?”

“We don’t want to find out, so we had best hedge our bets and go for another two bedrooms. We’ll need more room in the kitchen as well as an enclosed suite for Kaiden, preferably as far away from the twins room as possible, his senior years at school are so important and he needs somewhere he can study in peace. Although, maybe we could look at getting a study included? I don’t know, what do you think?”

You are half listening to Kaye, while your mind wanders off in other directions.

“Honey.” Kaye brings you back to the present with a touch to your arm.

Trying desperately to recall what she was saying, you take a stab in the dark, “An office, well, we could locate that on the ground floor and the extra bedrooms could be on the first?”

“A great idea.”

“So, is there anything else you would like me to include in the remodel?”

“A guest room would be lovely, we’ve got friends in Sunset Valley who are heading out for a visit, it would be nice if they didn’t have to stay in a Hotel.”

“Let me recap.” You say looking down at your notes.

“You’re looking for 5 bedrooms, one of which is to be a guest room, one a nursery for the twins and an en-suite room for Kaiden as well as an extra bedroom for when the twins grow up and your own Master Suite. At least 4.5 bathrooms, I think a Jack and Jill bath between the new twin rooms would be a good idea, and an en-suite in the guest bedroom, a large kitchen, a study/office on the ground floor. I think it would be nice to keep the screened in porch, or something similar, but that’s just my two cents.”

“That just about sums it up.”

“Alright, but where are you going to stay in the meantime?”

“Well, we can stay with Kathleen and Kelvin, it’ll be a squeeze, but I’m sure we will cope.”

“A couple more questions, is there any particular style you are looking for? Any interior colours you want me to avoid. And finally what’s the budget.”

As you ask the last set of questions, Kaiden wanders into the sunroom and sits on the arm of Kaye’s chair

“Well, we were thinking about going more Federal this time, something that will stand the test of time. You know us, we are fond of neutral colours, but I’m sure this one has some ideas of his own.

Kaiden leans forward and looks at your notepad. “Yeah, I would love an outdoorsy type room, my bug collection is looking pretty awesome right now!”

As for budget, we were thinking a further 350,000 should cover it. Kieran had an excellent bonus last year, we were saving up for a rainy day, but I think the present is far more important, don’t you?”

“Of course.” You struggle to say

As a means of avoiding eye contact you make a couple more notes. Kaye stands and leads the way back to the front door. At the threshold she gives you another hug and says, “One more thing.”

You stop and look at her.

“I really wanted to tell you how sorry I was to hear about your brother, if we can do anything, please let us know.”

Using all the strength you can muster you thank her for her kind words and escape out of the door, just as you hear Kaiden ask what was for dinner.

Brief:
    This one is a bit different, you long time Build ‘n’ Share followers might remember Best Laid Plans part 1, whereby we asked you build this house plan.

Well, we want you to expand on the home you already built. If you did not take part in Challenge #13 there is a prebuilt version of the home on the gallery here.

The home still needs to be placed on a 50x50 lot.

The home needs to be Federal in style with neutral décor in the main rooms, you can find out more about Kaye and Kieran’s preferences in the previous challenge, linked above
    5 Bedrooms
    • One master suite for Kieran and Kaye
    • One guest room, with en-suite
    • One outdoorsy room, with en-suite for Kaiden (who has just transitioned into a teen)
    • Two other double bedrooms, with a Jack and Jill bathroom connecting them, one of which is to be set up as a nursery (Kaye and Kieran do not know what gender their babies are, so the décor needs to be gender neutral.)
    At least 4.5 bathrooms
    A large kitchen area
    A dining area capable of comfortably holding 5 Sims
    A study on the opposite floor to where you have situated the nursery
    A screened porch area/sun room
    A play area outdoors for when the twins age up to children
    The budget is a further $350,000 on top of the previous budget of $250,000; $600,000 in total
    The interior walls you have built (from the plan) need to stay the same, but you can expand the exterior.

Sim Challenge:
    Create The Johnsons and show them enjoying their new home.
    Kaye is a Foodie and hopes to have a Successful Lineage.
    Kieran is a Perfectionist and hopes to become Fabulously Wealthy.
    Kaiden is Outgoing and hopes to attain the title of Whiz Kid.
    We do not know what gender the twins are, so you have freedom to make them however you wish, their names need to begin with a K.
    The other traits are up to you.

Room Challenge:
    Create the twins nursery, this should be gender neutral as we do not know what gender the twins will be. Your budget for this part of the challenge is $35,000
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare , by "expand", does that mean we can add a second floor? And if we didn't participate in the original challenge, can we start afresh with the house plan and a budget of §600K?
    @StSciurus - yes, you may add a second floor, you may also expand the size of any of the rooms on the bottom floor as long as you don't change any internal walls. And yes, if you did not take part in the original challenge, your budget is $600k :)
    GArBA5W.jpg

Right click on the link you want to open and select open in new tab xx

Hehe thanks :) but I meant how to build it into my links so that when someone clicks they open a new tab, rather than take them away from this page. I know how to do it in regular html, I guess just not in bb code. *shrug*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top