Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas, input, and feedback, for Maxis people to read, and other people to add to

Hi! I have loved the sims games since I was 10 years old, and I am 16 now. The game has drastically improved since then, and Sims 3 is an incredible achivment. But there are still some things that could drasically improve it.
First off, there are some things in the sims2 that are greatly missed in the sims 3, things that impove the realism, and story telling, and just entertainment.
Here is a list of some things, you might be already planning to put them in in expansion packs, but just to be sure here they are.

-Memories-they are very fun to have, as you can look back on things that have happened to you sim.

-Chemistry-this is a very good feature, which drastically improves realism and story telling.

-Fears- the wishes consept is superb, as it upgrades the wants into somthing you can control, but it would be more fun, if the sims still had fears relating to whats going on with them at the time, that you can choose to do anyway or not.

-Interests-this is very handy, because it not only lets you know what the heck your sims are talking about, but also makes you sim more uniqe in what they like to talk about

-Underwear- I'm sorry, but puting the underwear in the sleepwear drawer just isn't cool, escpecialy when you skimp on actuall nightwear. There are no decent pajamas like in the sims2, and puting underwear in that catogory is just kinda weird, and akward.

-Hobbies-this was a cool fearure, thought you will probably add it in an expansion pack

-More hair styles for children, escpecially girls, like head bands, and long curly hair, in all sims, there seems to really be a lack in curly hair, and I relize that curly hair is probably alot more tricky to do, but you have so many talented people, I'm sure you could do it.

-Custom content-The new feature to change the colors and patterns is AWSOME, but even so, the user friendlyness for custom content that was in sims2 really needs to be back. People want to make their own meshes, their own non default skin, and eyes, their own stuff. But even installing downloads in sims 3 has become a big hassle, not user friendly at all, the old downloads folder appratch is really what needs to come back, and a way to add your own meshes, and non default custom content really needs to come back.

-Community lots-It is really frusterating, when you sim goes somwhere you can't.
Being able you go inside a store and restraunt is really a must.

-Swimming in the Ocean-always fun

Now new Ideas for sims3

-Jobs-For a while now, people have been saying how great it would be to go to your sims job with them, and I so agree, but I relize the potential problem with that. If you go with your sims, they will be more reliant on you, and the sims you don't go with might mess somthing up. Well I have thought of a solution. You know that new panel that you can pull down when you sim goes to work that say what they do there, like work hard, or slack off? Well in that panel could be an option that says, go to work with (name of sim) and selecting that would allow you to see inside that particular building, and controll there action, while other sims who go to work would just go normaly, and you won't see into their buildings unless you choose to. That could open a whole bunch of new ways to play. Also, I know this is a little off subject, but my mom is a Phycologist, and my Dad is a Phyciatrist, and now commishoner of the state in regards to mental health. It would be cool if sims could be those things to, not just normal docters.

-Kids-I think it would be alot more relistic and fun if there were 2 kid life stages, little kid ages 5-8 and big kid ages 9-12 Because their is a big difference between the two. Kids don't suddenly turn from teddy bear huggers to teens like they do, it would be so cool if there were an in between stage like there is for young adult and adult.

-Magic-the paranomal part of sims 1 and 2 were my all time favorite,and I know I'm not alone, what life without a little magic? You already have Awsome ghost, but the aliens, vampires, werewolfs, witches, zombies, robots, plant sims, elves (the ability to point the ears),genies,bigfoot, and all else are sorely missed, I hope to see them return better then ever, also, the maken magic in sims 1 would be incredible for sim 3, I mean, yeah the witches in sims 2 were good, but the entire magic world, with baby dragon and a skeleton maid, are irreplacable. Also, I have an idea for a new paranormal creature, Fairys, that would be so cool to have sim fairys, and not tinkerbell fairys,(though haveing some flying around outside like butterflyes would be awsome) But the real, myth and legend kind, of sull sized, shapechanging, immortal, plant growing, magical fairys. Or Fay. I know it would be really hard to do somthing like that, but even somthing simular would be so fun!

Glitches I have noticed

White clay syndrome-if I'm across town and I go back home, or if I just buy somthing, the objects will be all white, and look like clay sculpures, then revert to normal after a time, wich is kind of annoying

-The ghost pizza lady- I know this is really weird, but firt some salad came floating into my house, and set itself on the counter, and then when I ordered pizza, the pizza box came floating up and the invisivle person rang the door bell, then she bacame visible.

-flat face sydrome- latly sims passing by have a flat, blurred, undetailed face, and then it kinda pops into place

-The sleeping dead sydrome- My sim was sleeping in her bed...and her eyes were wide open and popping out of her head, and she had a tortured expression...while she was sleeping. She looked dead. Them it popped into place and fixed itself.

-The magical teleportation into veical sydrome- Ok it may not be a glitch, you might have made it like this, but it's driving me crazy, how whenever a sim gets into a car, or rides a bike, they don't walk over, open the door and get in, oh no, they materilize there! It is annoying, unrealisitc, and definatly will get in the way of movie making, If you would please just animate them getting into the car instead, that would be great!

Well thats it for now, pleas read this, and if anyone else has somthing to add, please go right ahead. Anyway, overall this is a good, game, and I hope to see it improve, expand and grow. Thankyou :-)

Comments

• Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited July 2009
    everything else I said here
    It is about the same as your subject. It's named
    "Creative Ideas for the Sims 3 - Parades, Disasters, and More"

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/26750.page

Oh and Thank you a87370ylgrc for reading, posting, and the comment on my topic, I made a link back, so people can see your ideas too.
    Yours is good too :thumbup:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DreamingDreaming Posts: 74 New Member
    edited September 2009
    more jobs like acting! why is there a movie theater if no one is playing or making the movies.
    my sim should be able to be a baby sitter, fire fighter, maid, and all the other jobs i can't be.
    for the jobs i think they should let us watch our sims work; not tell them what to do while working. for example, business career Sim could be working on computer for work hard and business as ususal. differnce work hard you miss lunch!
  • Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited September 2009
    Walden95 wrote:

Oh and Thank you a87370ylgrc for reading, posting, and the comment on my topic, I made a link back, so people can see your ideas too.
    Why do you keep hijacking other people thread with your own thread. That shouldn't even be allow on the forum. I seem you do this in quite of few threads. It's getting annoying and rude to the OP.
    edited September 2009
    Now here's my reply
    -Memories-they are very fun to have, as you can look back on things that have happened to you sim.

Memories were essential in the sims 2. but I'm not sure they would be in this game. It think it would be best to have a journal feature add to the game what would record all the events but make it more into a story or a diary that your sims get to keeps and the player could edit and read.

-Chemistry-this is a very good feature, which drastically improves realism and story telling.

I think it had too many flaws. Many of the turn ons and turn offs were too general. I think it takes more than hair and eye color to make someone attractive to another person. Maybe if they add more detail to it might work. But sometime my Sims was attracted to a Sims I didn't want them to be attracted to.

-Fears- the wishes consept is superb, as it upgrades the wants into somthing you can control, but it would be more fun, if the sims still had fears relating to whats going on with them at the time, that you can choose to do anyway or not.

There's no way I want this back in the game. I just hated them in the Sims 2. This game is more about achievements than failure. There should be more consequences in the game for certain behaviors. But I found fears annoying and something I completely ignored at time. I think this game should be about what you want to achieve for your sims not what some aspiration dictate for you.
    -Interests-this is very handy, because it not only lets you know what the heck your sims are talking about, but also makes you sim more uniqe in what they like to talk about

I think our sims have better conversation now than they did in the sims 2. But I do think they should put interests back in the game because I think they could use them both for conversations and activities your sims like to do.
    -Underwear- I'm sorry, but puting the underwear in the sleepwear drawer just isn't cool, escpecialy when you skimp on actuall nightwear. There are no decent pajamas like in the sims2, and puting underwear in that catogory is just kinda weird, and akward.

No, I think it's a waste, a useless clothing catagory. Serves no real purpose in the game. You can just use swimwear as underwear because they look similar.

-Hobbies-this was a cool fearure, thought you will probably add it in an expansion pack

Hobbies like collecting stuff is cool, but I don't want anything like we had in in the sims 2: freetime. The activities in that pack were too limited and not enough details. I want to see separate pack on each activities so it can go into greater depth.
    -More hair styles for children, escpecially girls, like head bands, and long curly hair, in all sims, there seems to really be a lack in curly hair, and I relize that curly hair is probably alot more tricky to do, but you have so many talented people, I'm sure you could do it.

More styles are always good but I want more hairstyle for young adults and older because I play them the most.
    -Custom content-The new feature to change the colors and patterns is AWSOME, but even so, the user friendlyness for custom content that was in sims2 really needs to be back. People want to make their own meshes, their own non default skin, and eyes, their own stuff. But even installing downloads in sims 3 has become a big hassle, not user friendly at all, the old downloads folder appratch is really what needs to come back, and a way to add your own meshes, and non default custom content really needs to come back.

We can already change the color of eyes and skins. So I'm not sure what else you are asking for. I glad they didn't make a body shop tool for the sims 3. I thought there was too much CC for the sims 2. I'm glad they are limiting it to a few essential things so people don't go overboard with it and creating anything.
    -Community lots-It is really frusterating, when you sim goes somwhere you can't.
    Being able you go inside a store and restraunt is really a must.

I agree 100% with you on this and hope they will change this will expansion.
    -Swimming in the Ocean-always fun

Yes, I hope so too. I hate that we have a beach in sunset valley but can only fish and not swim in the ocean.

edited September 2009
    Now new Ideas for sims3
    -Jobs-For a while now, people have been saying how great it would be to go to your sims job with them, and I so agree, but I relize the potential problem with that. If you go with your sims, they will be more reliant on you, and the sims you don't go with might mess somthing up. Well I have thought of a solution. You know that new panel that you can pull down when you sim goes to work that say what they do there, like work hard, or slack off? Well in that panel could be an option that says, go to work with (name of sim) and selecting that would allow you to see inside that particular building, and controll there action, while other sims who go to work would just go normaly, and you won't see into their buildings unless you choose to. That could open a whole bunch of new ways to play. Also, I know this is a little off subject, but my mom is a Phycologist, and my Dad is a Phyciatrist, and now commishoner of the state in regards to mental health. It would be cool if sims could be those things to, not just normal docters.

This is my favorite and the one I want to most. Have requested it many time in the fourm.

I agree with this 100%, I want jobs you can go to work with your sims. There's allot of gameplay potential in this. I hate having career tracks in the game because I want too see my sims with one job that he/she could become ready good at or give them a special ability that other sims don't have. This would give my Sims an advantage over other sims.
    -Kids-I think it would be alot more relistic and fun if there were 2 kid life stages, little kid ages 5-8 and big kid ages 9-12 Because their is a big difference between the two. Kids don't suddenly turn from teddy bear huggers to teens like they do, it would be so cool if there were an in between stage like there is for young adult and adult.

I don't like the idea of an preteen age but if it was add I guess I wouldn't mind.
    -Magic-the paranomal part of sims 1 and 2 were my all time favorite,and I know I'm not alone, what life without a little magic? You already have Awsome ghost, but the aliens, vampires, werewolfs, witches, zombies, robots, plant sims, elves (the ability to point the ears),genies,bigfoot, and all else are sorely missed, I hope to see them return better then ever, also, the maken magic in sims 1 would be incredible for sim 3, I mean, yeah the witches in sims 2 were good, but the entire magic world, with baby dragon and a skeleton maid, are irreplacable. Also, I have an idea for a new paranormal creature, Fairys, that would be so cool to have sim fairys, and not tinkerbell fairys,(though haveing some flying around outside like butterflyes would be awsome) But the real, myth and legend kind, of sull sized, shapechanging, immortal, plant growing, magical fairys. Or Fay. I know it would be really hard to do somthing like that, but even somthing simular would be so fun!

There some potential in this. But I don't want to see all kind of creature running around my towns if that's not the type of story I' trying to tell. I hope they will make creatures much more interest than it was in the sims 2.
  • Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited September 2009
    Renyc7 wrote:
    Walden95 wrote:

Why do you keep hijacking other people thread with your own thread. That shouldn't even be allow on the forum. I seem you do this in quite of few threads. It's getting annoying and rude to the OP.

I never thought of this as hijacking. I know that you are annoyed, but up until now, no one had complained about that. Well, the point of that thread which I linked to was to help sort out the forum in this general area. It was meant to help keep things unified and not separate and chaotic (multiple posts for the same topic). Now I'm not saying that all people who have ideas should not make their own post and instead post on mine. If you ask, I will post a link to your thread on the first page. I'm just tiring to be helpful. Now in other threads where I quote what I said, is like "that's funny, we share the exact same idea, or here is how you can build upon it." Now I'm not so sure that understand what you meant by hijacking. Did you mean stealing simmers from posing on their topic to post on mine? If so, I think I just answered it above. Also, I they wish to have their post added to my idea topic, I will add them to my Directory for now on (It's new and still in development) If you want to see, click my sig. It's all part of my helpful post series to help bind together and better organize the forum. :mrgreen: It's supposed to help all simmers.

So if you want to be listed, you can. Just ask. Any appropriate idea topic will be accepted.
  • simmamansimmaman Posts: 17
    edited September 2009
    About the jobs: hte strange thing was that patrol officers, traffic cops and Lt's always stayed in the police statioon, they should sepnd the first and last hour of the work day inside, the rest of it should be spent walking and driving around the town, just to give it more realism, they also should bring back the ability to run their own business.
  • Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi

I think they should bring back

1.weather as that gave dimension to the game
    2.Apartments many buildings on one lot
    3.Nightlife for dating and socializing
    4.Freetime

Other bits that should be brought back

1.Memories
    2.Gardener (however I like the fact the plants don't die anymore)
    3.Butler (who should have control over managing other staff members)
    4.Dancefloor, disco lights, DJ booth, drums,piano and they should introduce the mircophone and saxphone, keyboard and violin
    5.Better use of the cars
    6.Photo booth

thats it for now :)
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • ARainyKnightARainyKnight Posts: 15 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Just so you know, Maxis wasn't involved in the making of this game. It's all EA now.
  • skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited October 2009

Does anyone else have problems taking pics or memorizing scenes with the phone ... or is it just me & my computer? .....

.... or .... I thought perhaps it gets better as Sims take more pics?

My problems are:

#1 pics too dark always and artist's painting comes out very very dark if not all black sometimes,

#2 why Sims only paint small paintings from memory? :/

#3 I never can get the frame focused where I want it

Maybe it's just me? I don't know.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited October 2009

Does anyone else have problems taking pics or memorizing scenes with the phone ... or is it just me & my computer? .....

.... or .... I thought perhaps it gets better as Sims take more pics?

My problems are:

#1 pics too dark always and artist's painting comes out very very dark if not all black sometimes,

#2 why Sims only paint small paintings from memory? :/

#3 I never can get the frame focused where I want it

Maybe it's just me? I don't know.

Skiprock when a sim takes a picture of what they want to remember later there will be a yellow box and you have to use the "I" button on the keyboard to change the size. Hitting "I" button twice will make it a large size, the default is the small size
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SharkloverPlayerSharkloverPlayer Posts: 2,849 New Member
    edited October 2009
    All the kisses in the sims 2 we don't no longer have like the peck,smooch,tender kiss,kiss up arm,kiss hand,hot smooch and family kiss.

The snuggle interaction parents and kids could do on the sofa.

Hottubs they must come back plus romantic interactions in hottubs.

Romantic interactions in cars and at tables.

The heartbed needs to return.

The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker

Asking sims on a date thru the phone,in person or online(new)

Invite sims over you chat with(new)

Slow dancing

Poses and romantic poses for picture taking.

Open up movie theater(new)so we can see our sims inside and give a hot smooch option for when their sitting in the theater.Also make it to where sims can share popcorn,soda etc.

New romantic interactions
    Sitting in front of the fireplace and your choice to also cuddle kiss and makeout in front of the fireplace on the floor.

A beach towel that lets sims cuddle,kiss and makeout on the ground.

Sims hold hands while walking and talking.Also an option for a kiss(peck)while doing this.

Sims wrap arms around each other while walking same options as above.

Sim b can do a piggyback on sim a.

A backward hug.

Return romantic options from apartment life

Cuddle under clouds/stars

The special cuddle sims would do on waking.

New wohoo spots
    The Shower

Indoor Jakuzzi's

Walkin Closet from apartment life

Sims can wohoo with their coworkers and boss at work

Tents I know they will probebly include this option in World Adventure but if not I'd like to see it added to tents.I loved the tent wohoo in the sims 2.

Swimming pools and not just wohoo but also kiss,makeout,tender kiss,massage and try for a baby.Also I'd like to see an option were sims could talk in pools and build up friendships.
  • symone458symone458 Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2009
    Dreaming wrote:
    more jobs like acting! why is there a movie theater if no one is playing or making the movies.
    my sim should be able to be a baby sitter, fire fighter, maid, and all the other jobs i can't be.
    for the jobs i think they should let us watch our sims work; not tell them what to do while working. for example, business career Sim could be working on computer for work hard and business as ususal. differnce work hard you miss lunch!
    i know i was goin 2 let my sim have an acting career since i saw the movie theater and tha sims on tha posters, but no u couldnt....how dum
    symone458 :lol:
  • firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Great ideas!
  • soytuaseresoytuasere Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Okay, long post but PLEASE Read!

Bring the Urban Scene back to the Sims!
    I'm talin tall buildings - high rises, apartment complexes, parking decks, the nightlife scene (clubs, bars, restaurants), and day-time shopping (just so people can run their own businesses).
    To go along with it, I propose a factory that you can place in town. This would be a rabbit-hole where people can find jobs. The only thing is that it would be a full time job with the career tract similar to that of a part time job - factory worker, mailroom technician, manager, etc.
    As for the businesses, they could visit or call up the factory to have their goods made(for a price of course). Now you could just call the factory and have your good shipped to your store without having to sit and spend hours and hours at a work bench trying to produce a single robot.
    Ya'digg?

Moving on, I'd definitely like to see some sort of farm EP. This would mean, yes, dar I say it, FARM ANIMALS! Cows and chickens, barns, and coops and ALL. They would need feed (possibly putting corn in a water mill for chicken feed - just droppin it down a chute that's all) or a grazing field (fenced in so they don't wander down in front of city hall). In addition, this could be your chance to add in pets - dogs, cats, etc. Who hasn't seen a farm with a howling, droopy old farm dog on the front porch (along with the old sofa - I'm from the south, trust me... I know). Also, MORE plants - CROPS rather. Also, TRACTORS. I'd definitely like to see a tractor. For those of you who have never been to a farm, tractors often have attachments, such as a harvester or a plow. These could be used for large fields so that farmers could ACTUALLY make a living and pay the bills. I forsee that this would not boost one's gardening skill, and food produced in a small garden by a green thumb with high gardening prowess wold of course sell higher and taste better.
    What happens if someone's tractor plow breaks? Tinker with it- fix it, upgrade it. Or, call in a handy-man.

As for the jobs of the service people, such as a maid, handy-main, (farm hand?), fireman, etc., why not FINALLY be able to have these jobs. I mean SERIOUSLY - have you NEVER wanted to make a woman named JANINE whose husband left her with 3 kids, and she has to have a part time job giving manicures at the spa and working as a maid? Okay...a long-winded fantasy I know (LOL). But come on? isn't it reasonable that a town's service people are actually REAL people of that town.
    Also, having a certain trait, (neat for gardener or maid; green thumb for gardener; tinkerer for handy-man[or woman]) could warrant higher pay or getting hired more quickly.

Please, if you do make farms, make seasons. It's necessary - I'm tellin ya. Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RETURN THE PLANT SIM!
    There's so much you could do with them, I mean, yes we can already make green skin green thumbed people, but c'mon THA HAIR and self-baby making! Plus, maybe they could be enhanced! Keep the needs (water and sunlight), but maybe add something else, like pheromones or something *scratches head looking for an excuse*. I don't know, you are creative people, just DON'T KILL THE PLANT SIM - IT WAS A GREAT IDEA - make it better :).

soytuasere
  • soytuaseresoytuasere Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Also, for the farms EP, I'd like to see a market or rather a farmer's market, but you know a place where farmer's can set up a stall on Saturdays (or any designated day) and artists can sell their paintings and potters their pottery. Also as someone said, the fruit judging contest would be good, but there would be a lot to take into consideration and you'd probably have to make a total point system like fertilizing would be +number of points the plant had, watering adds x points, drying out= minus points, cold weather = minus points, over water - points, and also heirloom status (generations of plants?) points.
  • OrchidMistOrchidMist Posts: 51
    edited November 2009
    I think it's annoying (in my movie making especially!) that when you use moveObjects to move someone into an object, the object disappears. Like, if I could put Miley into the back of the truck on my Party in the USA video, it would have looked like she was in it dancing rather than in front of it.

And another idea, a special movie making feature? Maybe there's a place in the town that you can go in and there's option that you can use to make your sim do things that are very minor... Like moving their mouth once, putting their hands through their hair, doing certain dance moves. And maybe there could be a fan feature that makes their hair move like it was windy. The background could be customiseable, maybe there are some default images that can be moving, colors, and you can upload images and videos from your computer to put there.

Those are my ideas and ps, please please give us elf ears sliders! ^_^
    edited November 2009
    soytuasere wrote:
    Also, for the farms EP, I'd like to see a market or rather a farmer's market, but you know a place where farmer's can set up a stall on Saturdays (or any designated day) and artists can sell their paintings and potters their pottery. Also as someone said, the fruit judging contest would be good, but there would be a lot to take into consideration and you'd probably have to make a total point system like fertilizing would be +number of points the plant had, watering adds x points, drying out= minus points, cold weather = minus points, over water - points, and also heirloom status (generations of plants?) points.

I like this idea!

As a mad scientist I would like to grow a gigantic punkin for a contest.

I've always thought we needed somehow to sell our paintings and wondered why we could not make a
    store to sell our art ... or an art gallery of our own
    edited November 2009

Idea ..... about .....

patterns loading

when we build/buy ....

mine load slower and slower as I add more hues and patterns to the categories, so ...

perhaps a way to let us make our own categories, thataway if a category gets too big, we can
    label one just "stripes" ...

so it won't take soooooo long to load

I have 2 gigs of ram and still ..... that part of the game is very slow for me

edited November 2009

Silly String

I would like the option of chasing the mail man and newspaperchild with silly string.

Thank you for listening.

edited November 2009

... we have garlic

... we have cheese

... wish my sims could make garlic cheese grits

edited November 2009

curfew

positive already in game: parent lecturing kid about coming home after curfew **cute** !!

suggestion ... include kids complaining to each other about curfew
    edited November 2009

Elders

I think it would be nice if elders had special furniture only they could buy once they reached that age.

clap on clap off lights

special different bathtubs that you sit in

seats that glide up the stairs so they don't have to walk up the stairs

just you know, special elder's furniture

rocking chairs

little folding seats they could take fishing

that kinda thing

edited November 2009

I laughed and laughed when my Sim family of four went to Crystal Springs and the daughter started playing the guitar ... she was at level 7 ...

and they all danced and it so much reminded me of Steve Martin in the Jerk when they were all out on the front porch ... beginning & end of movie ...

I really love level 7 of playing the guitar ... and I wish I could play it continuously but I can only choose that song and the sim is only programmed to play it for a short time then its over .... wish I could choose those songs to be over when I wish they could be over

edited November 2009

MadameLee, you replied to my post with:

"Skiprock when a sim takes a picture of what they want to remember later there will be a yellow box and you have to use the "I" button on the keyboard to change the size. Hitting "I" button twice will make it a large size, the default is the small size"

OHHHH I didn't know that! THANK YOU so much for telling me!
    :D