Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I...?

To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
Make a sim sick without using cheats? I want to make Alexander Goth die by illness once he is an adult (TS2).

--T

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    I think making them eat spoiled food a few times makes them sick.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    ^ Yes, that gives him food poisoning (which is also fatal if not cured after 10 days), but if you want him to have a cold, or sick with the flu.(which i will explain later, and also, at the end of my explainments, i will also say how contagiuous they are, and the symptoms, the illnesses)
    According to the wiki: There is a 5% chance any time a Sim eats spoiled or burned food that the Sim will get food poisoning. This can occur if food spoils while a Sim is eating it, or if sloppy Sims eat out of the rubbish bin. (Food poisoning's contagiousness: Not contagious) (Symptoms: Vomiting, nausea)

Now about the cold, which happened to my sim just yesterday, while he was at work, it says there is a %1 chance that anytime a sim/child goes to work/school, they will catch a cold. (Cold's contagiousness: High) (Symptoms: Coughing, sneezing)

But, if you dont cure it in 10 days, just like food poisoning, your sim will not die instantly, but will get pneumonia, which is fatal, and slightly more harder to cure than cold (or maybe you can't even cure it?), and your sim will die if you do nothing about it. (Pneumonia's contagiousness: Slight(not so big, but slightly contagious)) (Symptoms: Coughing, fatigue, purple smoke (that's coming out of their heads, not really sure about this one, never heard of purple smoke symptom in Sims 2)

There's also a illness called the "flu" which is also called in(flu)enza, i bet everyone who had sims 2 and played it for a long time had their sims to get a flu.
    well flu is pretty easy to get (kinda, but for flu i reccomed your sim to have alot of enemies and have the enemies to kick his trashcan everyday, ill explain later why), if your trashcan is kicked over, there'll be trash on the ground, if you do nothing with that trash, in probably less than 1-2 days there'll be cockroaches coming out of there, have your sim to try and kill all of the cockroaches by stomping them(not with spray, otherwise you wont be getting the flu.), the chance to get flu is the same as the chance to get food poisoning, which means 5%. (Flu's contagiousness: High) (Symptoms: Coughing, diarrhea(yep, you heard it, diarrhea, diarrhea is an symptom in Sims 2, shocking right? xD)

But, no, those were NOT all of the illness, theres one Mysterious Diasease(Which is also known as "The Virus" or simply "Virus", yet again, i'll explain later why), If your sim is in the science career(i heard your in the goth's house, mortimer goth maxed the science career so you might want to check out his career rewards for this), and is atleast at level 5-6(i guess, thats when my sims 2 household got their career rewards, but you dont need to worry about this, because mortimer maxed the science career, you just have to check his career rewards which is in his inventory, you'll find it easily if you played sims for a good good time. :smile:), they will get the SimSanto Inc. Biotech Station, now, this is an electronic "curing" station, but if you use it below gold aspiration, being in a bad mood, and also with low logic, there might be a 50% chance you'll get that Mystery/Virus Diasease, it is fatal, but i dont know how much it takes to kill your sim. but note something, i reccomed to stay away from other people while Alexander has this diasease, because Mortimer(if hes still gonna be alive when alexander will be an adult), Cassandra, AND not ONLY cassandra and mortimer, the whole neighborhood might get the diasease, because the diasease has a contagiousness level that no other diaseases have, and you might wonder why its called the virus, its because you get it, FROM an electronic machine, practically into your sim, i dont really know if that makes sense, but, whatever. (Mysterious Diasease contagiousness: Extreme) (Symptoms: Two random symptoms.)

The easiest diaseases to get are: First(Food poisoning), Fourth(Flu) and Last/Fifth(Mysterious Diasease.), this took me alot to write and hope it helped!
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    You are playing with Goth family, right? One of them have Biotech Station unlocked in career rewards. Sims using it have risk if getting ill, and that illness kills sims in about 24 hours.
    Remember, having sim stay ill is very hard. It's easy for them to get them cured by them using the bed or by resting.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    You are playing with Goth family, right? One of them have Biotech Station unlocked in career rewards. Sims using it have risk if getting ill, and that illness kills sims in about 24 hours.
    Remember, having sim stay ill is very hard. It's easy for them to get them cured by them using the bed or by resting.

Brilliant! I hope it's not Morty though, he's been dead a while... Lol although I think Cassandra is still in the science career... I'll check!

Thanks everyone

--T
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    ^ Yes, that gives him food poisoning (which is also fatal if not cured after 10 days), but if you want him to have a cold, or sick with the flu.(which i will explain later, and also, at the end of my explainments, i will also say how contagiuous they are, and the symptoms, the illnesses)
    According to the wiki: There is a 5% chance any time a Sim eats spoiled or burned food that the Sim will get food poisoning. This can occur if food spoils while a Sim is eating it, or if sloppy Sims eat out of the rubbish bin. (Food poisoning's contagiousness: Not contagious) (Symptoms: Vomiting, nausea)

Now about the cold, which happened to my sim just yesterday, while he was at work, it says there is a %1 chance that anytime a sim/child goes to work/school, they will catch a cold. (Cold's contagiousness: High) (Symptoms: Coughing, sneezing)

But, if you dont cure it in 10 days, just like food poisoning, your sim will not die instantly, but will get pneumonia, which is fatal, and slightly more harder to cure than cold (or maybe you can't even cure it?), and your sim will die if you do nothing about it. (Pneumonia's contagiousness: Slight(not so big, but slightly contagious)) (Symptoms: Coughing, fatigue, purple smoke (that's coming out of their heads, not really sure about this one, never heard of purple smoke symptom in Sims 2)

There's also a illness called the "flu" which is also called in(flu)enza, i bet everyone who had sims 2 and played it for a long time had their sims to get a flu.
    well flu is pretty easy to get (kinda, but for flu i reccomed your sim to have alot of enemies and have the enemies to kick his trashcan everyday, ill explain later why), if your trashcan is kicked over, there'll be trash on the ground, if you do nothing with that trash, in probably less than 1-2 days there'll be cockroaches coming out of there, have your sim to try and kill all of the cockroaches by stomping them(not with spray, otherwise you wont be getting the flu.), the chance to get flu is the same as the chance to get food poisoning, which means 5%. (Flu's contagiousness: High) (Symptoms: Coughing, diarrhea(yep, you heard it, diarrhea, diarrhea is an symptom in Sims 2, shocking right? xD)

But, no, those were NOT all of the illness, theres one Mysterious Diasease(Which is also known as "The Virus" or simply "Virus", yet again, i'll explain later why), If your sim is in the science career(i heard your in the goth's house, mortimer goth maxed the science career so you might want to check out his career rewards for this), and is atleast at level 5-6(i guess, thats when my sims 2 household got their career rewards, but you dont need to worry about this, because mortimer maxed the science career, you just have to check his career rewards which is in his inventory, you'll find it easily if you played sims for a good good time. :smile:), they will get the SimSanto Inc. Biotech Station, now, this is an electronic "curing" station, but if you use it below gold aspiration, being in a bad mood, and also with low logic, there might be a 50% chance you'll get that Mystery/Virus Diasease, it is fatal, but i dont know how much it takes to kill your sim. but note something, i reccomed to stay away from other people while Alexander has this diasease, because Mortimer(if hes still gonna be alive when alexander will be an adult), Cassandra, AND not ONLY cassandra and mortimer, the whole neighborhood might get the diasease, because the diasease has a contagiousness level that no other diaseases have, and you might wonder why its called the virus, its because you get it, FROM an electronic machine, practically into your sim, i dont really know if that makes sense, but, whatever. (Mysterious Diasease contagiousness: Extreme) (Symptoms: Two random symptoms.)

The easiest diaseases to get are: First(Food poisoning), Fourth(Flu) and Last/Fifth(Mysterious Diasease.), this took me alot to write and hope it helped!

This is amazing!

You're brilliant! Thank you!

--T
  • SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    To7m wrote: »

This is amazing!

You're brilliant! Thank you!

--T

Anytime, and no probs! but half of the information is from the wiki and half is from my own experience in Sims 2, so i'd have to credit the wiki too haha! :smile:
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif