Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life dreams and legacies quest - Please help!

I am almost finished with the life dreams and legacies quest. The last task wants two romantically involved sims to bring a baby into the world. I had two sims have a baby way earlier in the game and I'm doing the same thing now, but it's working the same.

Is there a different way I should instruct these two sims to have a baby? I wasn't sure if something has changed since this is a much later quest.

Please help!

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Are they married? Do you have the bassinet?
  • MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    Yes, they're married. And I purchased a crib and placed it in their home. I clicked on the bassinet/crib with each of them selected and they both show the footprints above their head. It's not letting me do anything with it. It's not blocked or anything either. Hmmm.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    If they are able to have a baby then there will usually be a plus sign over the bassinet. If this is the case then you can usually just tap the bassinet to add a baby.

If the plus sign isn't there then there are two possible reasons:
    1. Your number of sims is already at its maximum for your current level.
    2. Your married couple already have their maximal two children.
    Maybe I do have the max number of sims for my level. Ughh
    When you start a new level it informs you that another sim can be added to your town, but how do I find out the max number of sims per level? Does it increase by one sim each time I move to the next level? I don't want to wait until the next level to allow two sims to have a baby so that I can complete the life dreams quest. I think this may be the reason why it's not working now, but not sure how many sims are allowed in level 29.

Thanks for the help!
    @MusicMeg222 You can get this information in the game. In top of the screen there is information about your number of LPs and your number of SPs. But just next to that information there is one more icon further to the right. Tap that icon and you will get all the information you need :)
    Thanks!! I didn't even know that information was available right there at the top of the game. My current sim count is 13/22 for the level. I have no idea why the game is not allowing two sims to have a baby. I clicked on the bassinet (in the home of the married couple), but it doesn't do anything. I thought I maxed out my sims for my level, but it doesn't look like that's the issue. I'm not sure why it's not working. I just want to finish the task!!
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    Yes, they're married. And I purchased a crib and placed it in their home. I clicked on the bassinet/crib with each of them selected and they both show the footprints above their head. It's not letting me do anything with it. It's not blocked or anything either. Hmmm.

Hi @MusicMeg222, sounds like you're doing everything right however when there's footprints above your Sim's heads it means that their way is blocked. I'd suggest moving your crib to somewhere that clearly has space around it to see if that resolves that issue. It could be that it's thinking there's something blocking it on one side...

Let me know if that helps and if you run into any trouble from there and I'll help out where I can!
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
    @MusicMeg222 Try just turning the crib around because it is only accessible from one side. So to me it sounds like you have turned the accessible side against a wall or against another object.