Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any fun non-repetitive challenged?

I'm bored out of my mind. I tried the 100 baby challenge, which was just running around and getting pregnant. I quit by 11.

Tried the foster challenge, same thing. Adopting babies, raising them, and sending them off when they've become adults or adding them to other households pretending they were adopted.

Legacies are the same.

What do you guys do to not get bored?

Comments

• YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    edited August 2016
    Rags to riches
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Have you tried the Time Lord Challenge? You play a sim thru their YA age and before they age up you regenerate and change the look and personality of your sim and drink that potion that reverts your age back to YA at day one. It's different.
  • MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Rags to riches

I played and finished it already. It was fun.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Have you tried the Time Lord Challenge? You play a sim thru their YA age and before they age up you regenerate and change the look and personality of your sim and drink that potion that reverts your age back to YA at day one. It's different.

Thanks I'll look it up :o)

Meepleep wrote: »

Thanks I'll look it up :o)

Whoops I meant :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    There is a list of challenges in the first page of this link thread. There may be a challenge there that you would like to do
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788042/list-of-challenges-legacy-and-other-for-sims-4

Yes I know and I looked through it. I just wanted to know what others thought
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    The Random Legacy Challenge lives up to its name and is rarely boring. You can find the rules here.

And if you, like me, can't be bothered to roll your choices, you can use this roller.

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2016
    The Random Legacy Challenge lives up to its name and is rarely boring. You can find the rules here.

And if you, like me, can't be bothered to roll your choices, you can use this roller.

That looks like a fun randomiser for new sims too :p - Some of the results could do with a little more explanation though. Nevermind, I see the links are clickable, just not new-window clickable.
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Some of the results could do with a little more explanation though.

If you click on any result it will give you a popup with an explanation.

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Ninoochat wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Some of the results could do with a little more explanation though.

If you click on any result it will give you a popup with an explanation.

Yeah, I did that. I normally middle-click links for a new tab though, and that doesn't work (must be javascript links or something).
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited August 2016
    I like shorter challenges that can be completed within one generation. Willow Creek Scavenger Hunt (for photographer sims) is fun as is the Kidnapped Challenge. It was written for Sims 3, but works with Sims 4, too.

If you don't mind converting from Sims 3, then these two look interesting, too:
    Countdown to doomsday is a very immersive/involved challenge based on sheduled events and The Sanctuary Challenge is based on random events and rpg-like character classes. I didn't complete them yet.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @Vihisha 's Drifter Challenge changes up at each stage: http://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.ca/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    I participate in the yearly challenge tournament over on Carl's Sims 4 forums. They put out new ones every few weeks, most of which are fairly unique. The last one was super quirky - it involved mad scientists, tragic clowns, and cloning townies. Even if you don't play in the tournament, there's a ton of past challenges to look through :)

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?board=85.0
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I'm trying to get a challenge started called "Bad Roommate"... Basically you create a 2-3 Sim household, but one of the Sims will be your "Bad Roommate", a Sim with an obnoxious look and even worse traits! Ideally the roommate would be a mascot or Tragic Clown or something, that's up to you. The challenge is to have your main Sim coexist with this terrible roommate. However, you are not allowed to control the roommate aside from giving them a job or assigning a bed.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    @Vihisha 's Drifter Challenge changes up at each stage: http://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.ca/

Like the look of this one - may give it a go, thanks :)
    I like shorter challenges that can be completed within one generation. Willow Creek Scavenger Hunt (for photographer sims) is fun as is the Kidnapped Challenge. It was written for Sims 3, but works with Sims 4, too.

Countdown to doomsday is a very immersive/involved challenge based on sheduled events and The Sanctuary Challenge is based on random events and rpg-like character classes. I didn't complete them yet.

Thanks I'm gonna try the sanctuary!
  • MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member

Ohh, I love the sound of the Kidnapper Challenge. Never seen it before. I might do it after I finish my Legacy Challenge. :)
  • MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    okester wrote: »
    I'm trying to get a challenge started called "Bad Roommate"... Basically you create a 2-3 Sim household, but one of the Sims will be your "Bad Roommate", a Sim with an obnoxious look and even worse traits! Ideally the roommate would be a mascot or Tragic Clown or something, that's up to you. The challenge is to have your main Sim coexist with this terrible roommate. However, you are not allowed to control the roommate aside from giving them a job or assigning a bed.

I really like the sound of this also. :) Are there anymore rules written up or is the challenge light with the rules?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Burn the gnomes challenge. Place all the gnomes near a fireplace and watch them become burnt marshmallows.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

The thing I don't like is, if you can't control him he won't so anything bad, and probably will die eventually. (Not right away, but I doubt he'll live to be an elder.) because he'll need to eat and sleep and bathe in his own time.

I'd like to control him, and have him start fires, steal things, lock people in rooms, etc.

Meepleep wrote: »

The thing I don't like is, if you can't control him he won't so anything bad, and probably will die eventually. (Not right away, but I doubt he'll live to be an elder.) because he'll need to eat and sleep and bathe in his own time.

I'd like to control him, and have him start fires, steal things, lock people in rooms, etc.

One more thing, this doesn't seem more like a challenge because it never ends until he or you dies/moves out. I think it should be like you need to put up with it for 2 weeks or something, or until you reach the top of your career, (like how college is) I'm not trying to be mean- just some suggestions! :)
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I second The Drifter Challenge. It's very extensive and changes with each house you do and it's still being updated. And if you don't want to do all of it you can always just pick and choose which houses you do.

Also I sometimes find playing short challenges to be fun too and less likely to lead to boredom.

If you Like Skilling I recommend the The Wonder Child Challenge where basically you're trying to raise a Sim Child to Young Adulthood to have the most skill points possible.

If you like gardening I recommend the Living Off the Grid Challenge there are different tiers to the challenge but basically your trying to complete the gardening aspiration while not using any sort of electric items.

If you want to play a Legacy Challenge but give it a bit more spice I suggest the Random Legacy Challenge. Or trying to play a slimmed down version of the regular challenge but play it on a Short Lifespan.
    ~ ~ ~
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I'm having a hard time too. I have a legacy save, a rotational one, and a "whatever I want to do" one and I still can't play this game for more than and hour without falling asleep. I've tried checking out the list of challenges but most of them don't appeal to me. Too many weird rules and such.

I hope you can find a challenge that makes this game fun for you.
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    What about the Asylum challenge? I haven't tried it myself, but it looks fun! :)