Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer the sims 3 or the sime 4?

Comments

• bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    I prefer Sims 3 over Sims 4. I played TS4 when it first come out, up to the Get To Work EP, but then my laptop stopped running the game so I went back to Sims 3 and realized that there is just so much to do that I haven't done yet. I own all the EP's and stuff packs and still have alot to discover. Definately TS3 hands down!!! B)
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2016
    No question about it - Sims 3 by a long shot - where "ALL life stages matter" as even the ghosts are fully "fleshed" out and not an after thought. IT HAS TODDLERS and CARs, normal teens that act and look like teens, kids that actually PLAY, and huge worlds we can build to our heart desire. On top of it - the sims act like Sims and not some little robot controlled by their smart phone, insane smiles, freaky walking, and childish toilet humor to the extreme. Even the game doesn't like its Sims - it culls them into outer space somewhere never to be seen again.

Believe me even more eps do not help Sims 4's short comings - I bought just up until before the Dine Out gp came out and said forget it - I am tired of waiting, well for everything we have been waiting for since base game. It's like going to a play and the cast quits before the first act is even finished... Sims 4 is a Sims game shell - it is like having an empty box that a great toy might come in - only they forgot to add in the toy - wait well they did add in a few parts anyway - but just be patient you are told and this game will get great and "fulfill all our wishes". Uh huh - when. It's been 2 years and we are still waiting for the base to be a base game. Shameful seeing I wasted 300 dollar on what is virtually a box - a colorful but empty box. I need the patience of a Saint at this point....

Yep Sims 3 and even Sims 2 - forget Sims 4. My patience has ran out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    So far Sims 3. If I were to compare just base games, Sims 3 has a lot more customisability, plus I like the play style a lot better.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member

What I love about TS3 is that the game is a life simulator which gives the player all the tools needed to create their own world, story, characters, etc. Or just have fun playing and being amazed at all the shenanigans the sims get themselves into. I like to make a comparison to being a director. It's my game and I get that creative freedom to play my way. For me, this is everything that TS is. I want to play with life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hajq1nwsAM

And it's amazing to add truly innovative and never done before worthwhile features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6gXiw5URNM
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Definitely Sims 3
  • brygirlluvssimsbrygirlluvssims Posts: 71 Member
    I prefer Sims 4 when I want to play a basic, straightforward family with a career and such, but the Sims 3 if I want to do more out-of-the-box things like adventuring or magic. :)
  • Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    edited August 2016
    The Sims 3 is my favorite of all. I have the Sims 1, 2, 3, and 4 but the last one doesn´t feel right. I found myself playing with the Sims 3 all the time and because of it, I decided to stop buying for The Sims 4. I am tired of too much stuff packs.
    I find myself more happy playing with The Sims 3 my favorite game.

https://youtu.be/ouH0G6-wK9g
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    I love Sims 2 and 3, and I like Sims 4...so I prefer 3. I came into Sims with Sims 2 which will always be my favorite with 3 a close second.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I loved the sims 3 so much. It was more "realistic" looking, it had so much more custom-ability in pretty much all aspects, the world was ours to explore, etc. It just felt like a complete game. However, it always made my computer crash. This is why I prefer to play the sims 4. It's a lot easier to play for several hours and not over-exhaust my machine. It's like a down-graded game, but it does what I paid for. I don't really think the game lived up to its hype, so maybe I'm a little disappointed as well.
    The sims 4 isn't bad, but it's nothing compared to the sims 3. I can't even put them on the same level, to me they are almost two separate entities.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    sims 3
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    The fact that this is posted in Sims 3 GD seems like he wants people to choose The Sims 3.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I have to jump in on this one...I prefer The Sims 3 over The Sims 4 any day. Having been playing from the days of The Sims original series, even that series has more quirkiness than The Sims 4. I just plain don't like the style of gameplay in this newest incarnation. I gave it my best shot, but I think I am just going to continue adding what don't already have for Sims 3 from the store. The Sims 3 makes me happy.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited August 2016
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    The fact that this is posted in Sims 3 GD seems like he wants people to choose The Sims 3.

If it was posted in the Sims 4 section it would have been moved here anyway. Just sayin'. :p
    There are plenty of people on the Sims 3 forums who play both, I believe.
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    No matter how many times I played Sims 4, I just can't get into it for some reason. I'd play Sims 4 for a few minutes, quit, then play Sims 3. Now that I'm slowly getting the rest of the expansion packs and stuff packs, I'm getting more into Sims 3.
  • MagnaSonic3000MagnaSonic3000 Posts: 89 Member
    Sims 3, because it has a lot of fun content that isn't very restricting, and Sims 4 is about as empty as Fallout 4.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I play both sims 3 and 4, if I had to pick a favourite, I d probably go with sims 3 right now. I like sims 4 a lot but the culling stuff and relationship decay is bugging me and I miss the weather and seasons. I play sims 3 on my laptop with all the packs installed and it runs really well fortunately.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited August 2016
    Loved the Sims 4 more for two years, but i'm slowly sliding towards the Sims 3 game honestly. I'm playing Medieval to mix things up and I love the open world way too much.. No loading screens and the chance of creating your own actual world. I still like Sims 4, but i'm waiting for an actual Expansion pack I want to play and keep playing.

Not to mention Stuff pack don't interest me that much anymore, gameplay does and all there is right now is stuff in the Sims 4. I do have to say the lag is a bit worse in Sims 3, i'm kinda sad they never made the game playable on newer machines and added a 64-bit option. We can hope though!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I prefer Sims 4 when I want to play a basic, straightforward family with a career and such, but the Sims 3 if I want to do more out-of-the-box things like adventuring or magic. :)

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to not have enough time in the day for all you want to do in sims 4,and I mean sim hours.startig with sims 3 ,then dabbling in sims 2 ,then getting sims 4 . Time wise it's like sims 2 ,but trying to have kids in ts4 have fun and do their aspirations is a bit to juggle .

In sims 3 I have so much time in a day my toddler could learn all her skills to grow up + xylophone + pegboard and still have a bit of time before sleepy time .

The only thing that ts4 has going for it for many of us is the build mode being a little easier,easier to search for stuff,smoother ,and cas.

Most times I can play even sims 2 longer .but I have been trying to play sims 4 alittle more as I did spend money on it so gonna get my money's worth.i like the cc and cas a lot but even with sims 3 slow cas I prefer it
    Happy Simming!♥
  • likely6likely6 Posts: 24 Member
    In a sense of how things look, Sims 4, hands down. However, I like many things about Sims 3. I'd probably play it more TS3 if my computer could handle it. Once (if?) TS4 gets a supernatural expansion, I'll probably end up ONLY playing TS4 (unless I get a better computer, then I'd play both of them equally!)

I'm basically waiting for toddlers and supernatural, my ts4 dreams would be complete then.
  • jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    The Sims 3 is way better than Sims 4(I own all EPs SPs GPs). The Sims 4 is just boring in my opinion and its just missing so much even after 2 years n a half. I like the Sims 4 CAS and multitasking though but that's about it. There's just so much to do/discover in sims3 and I've owned it since release.
  • rachcook1991rachcook1991 Posts: 157 Member
    is it just me or did we get more in sims3 ep's than we do for sims4 ep/gp but for the same money... i don't understand why they split it up once i relised the cost of sims4 with ep+gp i was like.. wait.. what? cheaper to stick with what i got in sims3. i know it took years to get to where we are at in sims3 but im seriously not happy with expansions for the sims4 and im including game packs as expansions.. just sayin there is no need for game packs they coulda merged it into an expansion i wouldn't care if it has to go on 2 disc's its just a way to get more money and i ain't buying anymore
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sims 3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    is it just me or did we get more in sims3 ep's than we do for sims4 ep/gp but for the same money... i don't understand why they split it up once i relised the cost of sims4 with ep+gp i was like.. wait.. what? cheaper to stick with what i got in sims3. i know it took years to get to where we are at in sims3 but im seriously not happy with expansions for the sims4 and im including game packs as expansions.. just sayin there is no need for game packs they coulda merged it into an expansion i wouldn't care if it has to go on 2 disc's its just a way to get more money and i ain't buying anymore

They cheaped out and don't even release disks anymore for the newer stuff
    Happy Simming!♥
  • skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    I own sims 2,3, and 4. My husband bought me 4 when it came out as a gift. I didn't have any plans to buy it for myself, because of all the missing content. So, I played it and bought up to, get together, thinking that might make the game play better. I have only purchased 1 stuff pack and 2 game packs. Hoping it would get better with more content. It didn't, of course. I hardly played it, it just couldn't keep my attention for very long. The sims are just to happy and goofy all the time. There are some things I like about 4, just not enough to keep purchasing more.

I am playing mostly 3, just love the open world and being able to change anything my heart desires. Plus my families are complete and babies aren't attached to a piece of furniture. When I'm not playing 3, I play sims 2. Just made an awesome apartment in sims 2 Belladonna Cove, at least I think, I did. ;) Moved one of the sons from my family in, and he is the apartment complex bully. He goes around starting fights with everyone on his own. I moved him out of the family home, because he kept starting fights with his older brother. He never won against his brother though, because his brother was more fit. Lol

Sims 3 is my favorite because of all the freedom it gives you, and I enjoy how every sim seems to act different, depending on the traits they have. I continue to play sims 2 for the humor and the unpredictable behavior of the sims.
    Sims 4 I haven't touched it since, after Get together came out.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    Sims 3 for me.