Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Skins for the sims 3

2...Next

Comments

• Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited August 2016
    @CravenLestat Thank you for the compliment. I was initially unhappy with the way she turned out. I think I had used a Maxis skin on her that looked gray in cas (gray was the look I was going for) but in the game she turned dark greenish gray. So last night I redid her skin in cas (master controller) and let her free will in game and lucked out and got that pic. She's not wearing "teeth" lipstick cc either. That's just her in game. B) I don't remember what eyes I used, I only have 2 cc contacts. Watercolor contacts by Elexis and Shady deep contacts both from mod the sims.

I have a male dark elf I created and used the same e-skin on him, but he doesn't look as good as she does. :D
    I usually don't mind maxis skins so much but the cc skins add variety mostly by changing the shape of the faces with contouring and definition (mostly on noses and mouths) without actually changing the shape

Edit to add; great looking sims everyone! so much variety B)
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    @BatmanFanGirl I wasn't sure and didn't want to mention it unless I could find the solution but I found it for you. I just downloaded this myself and it works great. The download is here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=434270. The file you may want to add to your game is called "cmar_SkinTonePanel1.38.zip". This is what it looks like in my game.

wimwzk.png

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    @BatmanFanGirl I wasn't sure and didn't want to mention it unless I could find the solution but I found it for you. I just downloaded this myself and it works great. The download is here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=434270. The file you may want to add to your game is called "cmar_SkinTonePanel1.38.zip". This is what it looks like in my game.

wimwzk.png

Whenever I click on the diffrent kinds of skins I need to scroll down, do you use a mod to make it more obvious? Also; I downloaded a few freckles... in face detail but I can't scroll. Do you maybe have a solution?
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited August 2016
    @simgame Yes, I linked it in my post. The "cmar_SkinTonePanel1.38" mod allows more skin tones to be seen without scrolling. I don't know how many cc skins can be supported but as you can see, I currently have 12 non-default skins installed and that is how it shows up with the mod. Without it, I also need to scroll. It should be especially useful for those who do not have a wheel on their mouse.

This mod http://www.modthesims.info/d/410965 I have not downloaded as I don't have any extra moles/freckles currently installed. So I don't know if it still works as intended but if you try it out maybe you could let others know the results if you want. :)

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited August 2016
    I have many cc skins in my game so I can't keep up with who creates them or where I download them from. I usually get plenty of results when searching "sims 3 cc skins" though
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Deshong04 Thanks so much. I will try this out :)
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    @simgame Yes, I linked it in my post. The "cmar_SkinTonePanel1.38" mod allows more skin tones to be seen without scrolling. I don't know how many cc skins can be supported but as you can see, I currently have 12 non-default skins installed and that is how it shows up with the mod. Without it, I also need to scroll. It should be especially useful for those who do not have a wheel on their mouse.

This mod http://www.modthesims.info/d/410965 I have not downloaded as I don't have any extra moles/freckles currently installed. So I don't know if it still works as intended but if you try it out maybe you could let others know the results if you want. :)

Thanks, and sorry I didn't release :smile: