Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers for those who love them!

ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This Thread has been created ONLY FOR THOSE WHO LOVE TODDLERS, ALL OTHERS NEED NOT REPLY

Comments

• ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    please tell us why you love toddlers and why they are vital to your gameplay in Sims 4
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    This Thread has been created ONLY FOR THOSE WHO LOVE TODDLERS, ALL OTHERS NEED NOT REPLY please tell us why you love toddlers and why they are vital to your gameplay in Sims 4
  • Pearce_simmerPearce_simmer Posts: 71 Member
    Never played with them.. But oh how i want them in my game! Seeing pictures of sims 3 players.. There would be a complete new 'family' concept! :-)
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited August 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Because it's life. I don't know how else to say that. I remember my own children fully grown way past thirty now, and how precious they were when they were toddlers. And yes, I could get irritated, aggravated, but I never stopped loving. The terrible twos are looked back on with laughter instead of regret. Those days are gone, long gone over thirty years ago, but nothing can take the place of picking up that toddler to comfort, tickle, play airplane with food, wipe their nose, feel their head to make sure they were not sick, cuddle them, bounce them on my knee, hover over them as they first pulled up by the end of a coffee table, my arms outstretched to protect them in case they would fall onto the sharp end, those days we didn't have round furniture, hold their hand to get them to stand, bend over following behind them with hands surrounding their sides but not touching as they walked their first steps following along behind to make sure they didn't fall. Priceless.

Their first words which was da da instead of mama, :/ sitting in the floor playing with together with their round peg into a square hole blocks, helping them learn how to use the See n Say, reading them a book like 'See Jack Run, See Jill Run' ..... getting up in the middle of the night to check to make sure they were o.k.

How anyone can hate toddlers is beyond me. Someone so precious who is depending on me to take care of them, protect them, teach them, feed them, bathe them, I just can't even explain why I want them in The Sims, again.

You said it much better than I ever would have.
    Oh crud that made me actually tear up! :o
    Probably more so, because I have 3 children of my own, and though they are in their early 20's, I still miss their toddler yrs so much! <3
    So many memories, and time flies by too swiftly. :'(
    So yes, I have wanted toddlers for Sims 4 too.
    I want to be able to somewhat recreate my family, and other times, make up ones, just to see where it goes.
    And it's too huge a gap from "baby" to child.
    I wouldn't even want to imagine not having gone through that age group irl.
    Though with the way they made babies as objects, for the game, I am not sure they even can, or will ever make toddlers. :s
    I haven't even been able to bring myself to create families in Sims 4, yet, though some people's pictures & stories have tempted me.
    Toddlers = <3
  • lbsykeslbsykes Posts: 36 Member
    I've rarely played with toddlers as I'm primarily a Sims 4 player. I've dabbled with Sims 2 and 3 but not enough to know what to expect where toddlers are concerned. I hope they introduce them to Sims 4 as I'm very interested to see what all the fuss is about :) xxx
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Because it's life. I don't know how else to say that. I remember my own children fully grown way past thirty now, and how precious they were when they were toddlers. And yes, I could get irritated, aggravated, but I never stopped loving. The terrible twos are looked back on with laughter instead of regret. Those days are gone, long gone over thirty years ago, but nothing can take the place of picking up that toddler to comfort, tickle, play airplane with food, wipe their nose, feel their head to make sure they were not sick, cuddle them, bounce them on my knee, hover over them as they first pulled up by the end of a coffee table, my arms outstretched to protect them in case they would fall onto the sharp end, those days we didn't have round furniture, hold their hand to get them to stand, bend over following behind them with hands surrounding their sides but not touching as they walked their first steps following along behind to make sure they didn't fall. Priceless.

Their first words which was da da instead of mama, :/ sitting in the floor playing with together with their round peg into a square hole blocks, helping them learn how to use the See n Say, reading them a book like 'See Jack Run, See Jill Run' ..... getting up in the middle of the night to check to make sure they were o.k.

How anyone can hate toddlers is beyond me. Someone so precious who is depending on me to take care of them, protect them, teach them, feed them, bathe them, I just can't even explain why I want them in The Sims, again.

You said it much better than I ever would have.
    Oh crud that made me actually tear up! :o
    Probably more so, because I have 3 children of my own, and though they are in their early 20's, I still miss their toddler yrs so much! <3
    So many memories, and time flies by too swiftly. :'(
    So yes, I have wanted toddlers for Sims 4 too.
    I want to be able to somewhat recreate my family, and other times, make up ones, just to see where it goes.
    And it's too huge a gap from "baby" to child.
    I wouldn't even want to imagine not having gone through that age group irl.
    Though with the way they made babies as objects, for the game, I am not sure they even can, or will ever make toddlers. :s
    I haven't even been able to bring myself to create families in Sims 4, yet, though some people's pictures & stories have tempted me.
    Toddlers = <3

When this game first came out I had a few families with CAS kids and then later let my Sims have triplets and after seeing the jump from baby to child I didn't ever play that way again. I only have one family with one child (made in CAS) with aging off for a story I was playing but I will not play kids until toddlers are in the game and kids are kids again let alone toddlers.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Its just a huge missing part of the sims
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    Without toddlers we just have an immersion-breaking gap in between the babies plastered to the crib and the child stage. *From the cradle pops out a child* :open_mouth: It's fundamental to the Sims, at least for me it is, because I enjoy enriching my Sims' lives...and without the toddler stage a huge period in their life is gone. There's just no time to teach them to walk, no stories, no time to teach them to talk, no time to do anyyything.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Because as a baby I never went on to experienc the toddler stage.
    From a bizarre genetic disorder I aged rapidly to a child. I never experienced that bonding period with my parents.
    I was launched immediately into the world of elementary school and school peers.

The Sims is the only way to experienced that wonderful period that I missed.
    Only... the Sims 4 doesn't have them!! And I am experiencing that horror again through TS4 sims.
    Sad.gif
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Because as a baby I never went on to experienc the toddler stage.
    From a bizarre genetic disorder I aged rapidly to a child. I never experienced that bonding period with my parents.
    I was launched immediately into the world of elementary school and school peers.

The Sims is the only way to experienced that wonderful period that I missed.
    Only... the Sims 4 doesn't have them!! And I am experiencing that horror again through TS4 sims.
    Sad.gif

EA should pay for the suffering you feel having to cruelly relive your sadly diminished "childhood" and the pain it caused over and over. You should post your story on First World Problems on Facebook. You'll find understanding without judgment there.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    They are so cute! They bring back a time in my life when my children were toddlers. Without them, the game just does not seem complete, just like Sims 1 didn't seem complete. I am waiting for toddlers to come to my main game before I age up the babies I have in the game because it is such an important step of development. My sims grow closer to their children with each stage. And though toddlers can be a lot work, they are also so precious. I also hope they untie the babies from the crib, at least give us a rocking chair for them.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @CK213 - How traumatic for you to have to relive that experience, for that I am truly sorry. However, you do know that there are no such things as 'toddlers'; don't you? They are nothing more than beautiful imaginings in made-up stories. I hate to tell you CK, that's just not how things work in the real world - all children start out at 6 weeks and then become 10 years old.

But hey, don't cry, here's hoping you get those 'toddlers'. Now, I have to go, Grandma's ghost just broke the toaster again.
  • tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member

This. Exactly this.
  • angelaralstonangelaralston Posts: 13 New Member
    For me the toddler stage is a must. I hate how they jump from the bassinet to a child. I like to have a variety in my sims family. A toddler and a child. It still to this day amazes me that they left out this in the first place.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Its not a life Sim without Toddlers! Its the most important part of early development
    Besides there so cute and the Sims feels incomplete and empty without them
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2016
    It's "the most" major stage - as well as the MOST important life stage of human life and development for one. Without toddlers, which are the formative years of human life - where we develop the basics of who we are and who we will become for the rest of our entire existence - it seems incredibly ill conceived in a game specifically about human life to not have the formative years. Technically speaking, with out a toddler stage in real life we could not learn anything - not how to walk or talk nor would we develop personality traits, even be able to feed ourselves or do any of the many things we all seem to take for granted. Without having been properly brought up during the toddler years we would not even have a need to have weird walks, socialize as we would not talk just make sounds, never mind multi -tasking, dancing or have a job or go to school. There would not be a game about life that goes from birth to grave, per sec, with out this most important life stage - so why would anyone even try and justify it as a good decision?

Try reading some of the many bits of research of what is called the Wild Child - children lost or left as infants out in the wild and the only upbringing they have at all is thanks to nature and wild animals that decided to not make dinner out of them. Like they never learn well at all even if they are found by child age - most never grow to talk or to walk properly - or to learn or behave ever, as a normal human being. So it is even crazier in a game about life not to have that particular life stage over any other life stage they could have chosen to eliminate.

People tell me well Sims 1 didn't have that life stage - but Sims 1 was basically - the Doll House- and not the game The Sims became when Sims 2 rolled around which went from being the Doll House and playing with dolls that come in a dollhouse where there is just baby, child, mom and dad that come to life for the Sims 1 to THe Sims - in Sims 2 that have full lives from birth to grave and just like humans have, all the main life stages.

So if this is a second rendition of the doll house then there should be no teens, no YA's, no elders, as well as no toddler. No aging, no death - just life in a doll house and all around the doll house.

But if it is a game about life like it became in Sims 2 and Sims 3 - then where are our toddlers?

On top of it all - if you are a parent in real life it is inconceivable to think you can see your real life child at any age, and almost immediately your mind goes back to this wondrously amazing little person this child was - which is almost always the toddler ages. When one watches their own child graduate from grade school, high school, college - when we see our children succeed in something - win a metal, get an honor, win a award or accomplish a dream, at the same time we see that child talking their first steps, saying their first words, responding back to us by finally returning a kiss or saying "me love you" - we see that child as the wondrous little being called a toddler. When we shed a tear as life takes them ever away further from us - watching them go off starting life of their own on their wedding day.... and we scold ourselves for shedding a tear not because they are now someone elses to love and cherish, but because in our hearts and minds we are finally and sadly saying goodbye - to that little toddler they once were.

You tell me - why don't we need toddlers in this game. When it became a game about life and no longer a game about dolls in a doll house - it simply REQUIRES each and every one of the important major life stage with the toddler stage actually the most important stage of all in human development. So is the Sims 4 a game about life like Sims 2 and Sims 3 or is it something else or back to the doll house?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Put me to the front of the queue.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016
    I think it is the same reason why people wanted the unisex update. I just can't tell my own stories without them. I have a toddler nephew now and if I wanted to make him into a Sim, I simply couldn't. I couldn't even make a Rugrats story without them either. There is just such a huge range of stories I want to make, but I can't without having this life stage.

I also make jokes of why Sims 4 Sims act they way they do because they never got to be a toddler. Like they do silly walks because they never learned how to walk. They lost their speech bubbles because they never learned how to talk. They do angry poops because they never learned how to go potty.

@CK213 Aww thank you for sharing your story. I just had epilepsy during part of my toddler years, so I feel like I missed out on part of it too. Seizures would really knock me out. I use the toddler stage to relive that time period in a happier way too, so I can relate to that aspect of it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I would like toddlers because even though they are not an huge part of my game play, when a child pop out of the crib he or she feels like a stranger in the house, and because if you want to make a family in cas, you either have to pick young adult(s) and child or adult(s) and child (or teen, but then you don't get to grow the family child), and both ways it feels wrong to me. 20 years old with a 10 years old looking child is just wrong, adults with a child will never get to be there when the child become a young adult.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Hm. To keep it short: do you remember that render of the EA CEO's family? And how they had to put in a fake toddler in the picture even though they don't exist on TS4? Well, there's your answer. Families aren't complete without toddlers and in most cases, you can't properly portrait a family without them. They are as important as babies, children, teens, adults and elders. They are a lifestage. A very unique lifestage at that. It's when they take their first steps into the world, when they start learning how to become more independent. It's a time of bonding with family members, getting to know their surroundings. They bring challenge, mischief and liveliness to the game. They give you the sense that you're slowly watching your sims grow and you get to help them grow. It gives you the opportunity to feel more attached to your sims, have a sense of accomplishment when you watch them turn into a child because you virtually raised that kid.
    I could go on but it's been said so many times already.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I would like toddlers because even though they are not an huge part of my game play, when a child pop out of the crib he or she feels like a stranger in the house, and because if you want to make a family in cas, you either have to pick young adult(s) and child or adult(s) and child (or teen, but then you don't get to grow the family child), and both ways it feels wrong to me. 20 years old with a 10 years old looking child is just wrong, adults with a child will never get to be there when the child become a young adult.

TRUTH!
    These pictures sum up my first and last experience with that.
    09-19-14_1-19nbspPM-2.png

Right out of the bassinet, one child.
    09-19-14_1-20nbspPM.png

09-19-14_1-25nbspPM.png
    Creepy as plum!
    The first and last couple in my game and no more children.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruLyndsay You two should check out this thread. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    As someone who isn't a fan of toddlers, I'LL REPLY IF I WANT TO! #rebel B)>:)

Just kidding, I'll leave now.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

This