Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Skins for the sims 3

I would like to know what your favorite cc skins are for the sims 3. I am looking for a few new skins but I can't find any. -Thanks!

Comments

• Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    My favorite so far is from Kurasoberina. http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/
    Here are some examples of what it looks like in my game.
    2i0xl3m.jpg
    2qxnqrr.jpg
    2istv78.jpg
    wrkvtw.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    like @Deshong04 already said, Kurasoberina's skins are great. They're for asian sims, freckled sims...Everything you can think of and there are multiple versions avaiable. They're very high quality but still maxis-match and don't change the look of the sim too much.
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    My favorite so far is from Kurasoberina. http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/
    Here are some examples of what it looks like in my game.
    2i0xl3m.jpg
    2qxnqrr.jpg
    2istv78.jpg
    wrkvtw.jpg
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    like @Deshong04 already said, Kurasoberina's skins are great. They're for asian sims, freckled sims...Everything you can think of and there are multiple versions avaiable. They're very high quality but still maxis-match and don't change the look of the sim too much.

I don't find any download files just picks?
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited July 2016
    On her site? Yes, the link that goes to her downloads is disappeared - don't know why.
    http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads

Here you go.
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    On her site? Yes, the link that goes to her downloads is disappeared - don't know why.
    http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads

Here you go.

Thank you so much!
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Depends on what "look" you're going for. Kurasoberina's skins are really nice, as mentioned, they are very smooth though.

So both these guys have textured makeup on as well, but the pale guy is using Tainted skins my Silumeo, and the other guy (and ALL my other sims basically) is using Ephemera's E-Skin Fresh (which is a PITA to get right now, but worth it IMO) default replacement skin.

24508233864_645c1fdf67_o.jpg

I like E-skin Fresh because its got more shadowing and is more realistic, but I like mine with more realistic looks which obviously not everyone shares.

Brntwaffles has some really nice skins, a bit in-between smooth and realistic. This is Fresh Blue (I think)
    26774197884_041441da9a_o.jpg

There are SO many skins out there honestly... depends on what kind of look you want your simmies to have.

Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
    Here's the Primer skin. http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/post/137273135579/primer-hd-skin-for-all-ages-baby-elder-this-is

On the upper right-hand corner on Kurasoberina's site, there are 3 pink lines. Click on it. Go to Archives. Go to August 2013. Click the picture that says "Kurasoberina Starfruit." That is where you will find the freckled, Asian and other skins.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2016
    All the examples of Kurasoberina's skins are kind of smooth indeed, though not on my sim (but that may be because he's an adult, didn't have it yet when he was YA.

Lance%20Lott3a_zpsrczni0ce.png

What I like about her Primer skin is that it doesn't change the mouths too much.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited July 2016
    I like more textured skins, too. I don't have a ton of cc but I do like Navetsea skins at mod the sims.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I don't rememer which version of Navetsea's skin she's wearing ( I have several), but she isn't wearing makeup. I like the shading around her eyes and the skin she's wearing has imperfections like moles, although the freckles are from the game.

Edit to add:screenshot_original.jpg
    I believe this is E-skin that I used on my "elf" also from mod the sims. I'm not sure what version it is. I'll have to do some research. Hmm... I may have to change my avitar.
    Post edited by Odonata68 on
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited July 2016
    Kurasoberina - Starfruit Defined Eyes for realistic
    tumblr_o7gtuhlVkI1ssiu0eo2_1280.png

Simarex - Trees for maxis/ea match
    tumblr_o9d0ldUyew1ssiu0eo2_r2_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I agree with @Odonata68 , I want realistic skins and navetsea' s are perfect - I use them on the main sims in my story. I also use kurasoberina's HD primer and starfruit on my black sims and ephemera on younger sims. Link in my siggy - go to "characters".

tac3afga-grey-teenager-3.jpg
    derek1a.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    I use fanaskher's edited version of Buffy's V4 Skinblend. I find some skins give me weird pixelated blocks around the neck but this one is quite nice and natural. I've been using it for couple years now. You can find it here http://fanaskhe-r.tumblr.com/post/86444489292/buffys-v4-skinblend-edited.
    Screenshot-252%202.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Odonata68 I was thinking the same thing..that pic is to good why is it not your avatar <3 Awesome eyes on her and the falcon on her shoulder just makes it 100 times better.I love that eyeliner you use I think is WA "always forget the expansion" but it differs depending on the sims eye angle can look so different from one sim to the next.Perfect for fairy sims and of course elves :love:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    @simgame I downloaded the freckle skinned one. Where do I find it? I can't find it under skins. Is it somewhere else?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2016
    Idk what skin this is, I think it is called Eskin or something. @Jessa_Dakkar linked me to it and I love it.
    I also got a skin overly that gives little details to the skin like more pores and veins and other human details which I also love even though it isn't that noticeable it makes a difference. I don't know if I had it when I took these pics.
    Screenshot-8_zpsjzqywuw9.jpg
    Screenshot-3_zpse4u2me2c.jpg

She looks way better without make up tbh
    Screenshot-178_zpsfblhlyke.jpg

I found pictures to show the difference between CC skin with and without the overlay. Just look at the hands.
    Without
    Screenshot-233_zpsjnhyztlj.jpg
    With- lol it's more visible in the 3 pic. whatever, I should stop coming here now

Screenshot-226_zpsacnwwjgv.jpg
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Idk what skin this is, I think it is called Eskin or something. @Jessa_Dakkar linked me to it and I love it.
    I also got a skin overly that gives little details to the skin like more pores and veins and other human details which I also love even though it isn't that noticeable it makes a difference. I don't know if I had it when I took these pics.

I found pictures to show the difference between CC skin with and without the overlay. Just look at the hands.
    Without
    With

Your sims look great!
    @simgame I downloaded the freckle skinned one. Where do I find it? I can't find it under skins. Is it somewhere else?

What do you mean?
    coco wrote: »
    I use fanaskher's edited version of Buffy's V4 Skinblend. I find some skins give me weird pixelated blocks around the neck but this one is quite nice and natural. I've been using it for couple years now. You can find it here http://fanaskhe-r.tumblr.com/post/86444489292/buffys-v4-skinblend-edited.
    Screenshot-252%202.jpg

That skin is perfect! Thank you so much!
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    simgame wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Without
    With

Your sims look great!

Aww thanks ^^
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I love using E-Skins from Mod The Sims. :)

• BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    simgame wrote: »

What do you mean?

@simgame Sorry wrong person. I didn't realize that post was a quote.

@Deshong04

I can't seem to find that freckled skin you have in your pictures. I downloaded it but I'm not sure where it's located?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    @BatmanFanGirl You'll have to look through all the little skin circles. Click on each one. If its still not there you should try clearing your cache files. I think Kurasoberina ones tend to be like a pinky-peach colour.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
    What GaiaHypothesis said. I have a mouse with a wheel in the center for scrolling down to see the rest of the skin tones. It should also work with a touchpad if you have the feature to scroll on the edge.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I can't remember what skin I used for this sim.
    Nate002.jpgpic upload
    I know I deleted a few skins I thought I wasn't using and one he went totally black so I put them all back into my game and reopened the game and he looked normal again.

I wanted to make a different looking sim and I like how he turned out.
    I have others to show but I have to rush out now. I'll try to post a few more later.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    This is another one I like. I think it is Kurasoberina but I'm not sure which one.
    Michelle002.jpgimage url

This is one of the fruit ones. Star Fruit or Freckled Fruit
    HaleyHawkins001.jpgimage

CarolynPrice001.jpgimage

I'm probably not being much help to you - I'm still getting used to experimenting with skins so I'm trying a lot and don't remember which one I've used on most of my sims.

Felicity002.jpgpic upload

I've got a lot from Kurasoberina plus several of the ESkins including ESkinFresh. But none that I've posted so far have ESkinFresh but they could have some of the other ESkins
    Duncan025.jpgpic upload

I only get non default skins except for one default baby skin.

Will001.jpggif upload

Connie001.jpggif upload

Brian001.jpggif upload

This sim is focusing on a TV program
    Paula003.jpgpost a picture