Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

blue is not the new black

i noticed that the black hair ingame isnt even black its really annoying( its dark blue)
Ztyre49.png
this is how real black hair look
IdzczHA.png
so what you think
yondu-guardians1.jpg
over here i post my cc
new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
you may know me as g1g2

Comments

• Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    that looks like a solid black too me ?? where is the blue
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    that looks like a solid black too me ?? where is the blue
    in the first pic
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    I never liked the EA pre made colors. Who has yellow blonde hair like that? We dont have proper beach blonde or light brown. Its very limited.. just as all the other colors in the game for objects and such.

I only use 5 EA colors on all my sims, that's how bad it is. I'm not using CC recolor because it's a hassle how you instantly get flagged as modded with no option to permanently make your own library display modded content. I wish they'd patch in a couple basic hair colors :disappointed:
  • Options
    lol then maybe my color vision is bad
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I've noticed this with a lot of "black" clothes too
    I know blue-black hair is a thing, but I want actual black hair. I have CC for it, but I want more hair colors added in regardless.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    It just looks like highlights to me, maybe from the blue background.
  • Options
    Is that CC hair, Looks like CC hair. from what ever is on the side there.
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    I always noticed this but I thought I was crazy???
    The actual black looks so much better
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    took a while to see the difference... but I... hmm... I don't know what to think of it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    omg I see it now... and it cant be unseen. that black looks soo much nicer :(
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Agreed. Same with the selection of 'red' hairs. The colors of everything in the game is really off.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited July 2016
    Evalen wrote: »

its not cc its from get togther

heres the texture and it have nothing to do with the background
    5q30Xc4.png

thanks all for agreeing maybe someone could make pettition to ask for more normal hair colors
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options

5q30Xc4.png

thanks all for agreeing maybe someone could make pettition to ask for more normal hair colors

@husseinandali How did you get the swatch thumbnail like that. I do not see it in my game and I have get together. Is it new. or does it come with a career. It has exports etc. that is why I thought it was CC or Mods. Is that in the game.
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    The game is full of blue instead of black, not only the "black" hair color but if you pay attention, the shadows are also blue (which look so ugly), some white shadows painted in objects, for example doors have dark blue instead of black, who thought of that silly idea?
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member

5q30Xc4.png

@husseinandali How did you get the swatch thumbnail like that. I do not see it in my game and I have get together. Is it new. or does it come with a career. It has exports etc. that is why I thought it was CC or Mods. Is that in the game.

its sims4studio he/she is recoloring hair
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Seems to me that they're just using the old cartoon/comic coloring convention of using blue highlights on black hair. It doesn't really bother me, since the game has a very cartoonish visual feel to it anyway...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Additional hair colours would be great as well. Like actual purple, green, blonde and brown colours.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't see the blue. And even if it is I don't mind, I like it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The game is full of blue instead of black, not only the "black" hair color but if you pay attention, the shadows are also blue (which look so ugly), some white shadows painted in objects, for example doors have dark blue instead of black, who thought of that silly idea?

"White" shadows irl are commonly blue-tinged where another strong nearby color isn't also reflecting. True white or true grey are rarely found - and as many a person who needs a color-neutral environment to work in can tell you, extremely hard to achieve. In a lit room, there's little true black.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Yes, I mentioned this way back after getting the BG that the black floor tiles were just a really ugly brown and the white was cream. i dislike the skin colors too, most have a weird red tint and it puts me off from using them so I end up using about 3 or 4 skin colors for all sims. Same with the hair, I can't stand the yellow blonde and I think there are others too so much sims end up with 'black' hair or the light blonde.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    And if you ever notice, the black pants are actually very dark blue and sues and it has been that way in other TS games. There are a few very black, but black is all the colors mushed together and the more dark blue the darker the black.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    And if you ever notice, the black pants are actually very dark blue and sues and it has been that way in other TS games. There are a few very black, but black is all the colors mushed together and the more dark blue the darker the black.

The blue color to the lighting is something I hate. I am actually looking a lighting mod for Sims 3 just to get rid of that awful blue tint.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2016
    They can't use pure black for the main part of black hair because it's too dark. The shadows between strands need to be darker, so the purest black is reserved for those.

There are many shades of black in real life. The one used in game is raven (black with blue highlights).

I often use the greying black, even on younger sims, because there is more contrast. This is especially useful on more detailed hairs with layers, texture or plaits etc.
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I notice that all the time, and it is so annoying. The second picture looks so much better. They really need to add a lighter brown and different blondes. I would also love an actual white hair.
    Happy Simming!