Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone played the Sims 1?

Comments

• Julia5520Julia5520 Posts: 10 New Member
    I have played the sims since TS3 days ( about 9 or 10 years old) and I only play TS3 and 4 to this day. :/
  • SimaniacgirlSimaniacgirl Posts: 34 Member
    I first played it not too long after it came out, at my aunt's house. I loved Hot Date the most and probably Livin' Large the least. TBH I like all of the EPs. I really wish there could still be some old school Sim game alive with new content and updates (though there are still some alive CC websites around, I wish I could make stuff too)... You know like indie games are more like old NES and SNES games. EA would never do that though!

I still love the game dearly and wish it worked better, since it's iffy on new computers, unfortunately. I really want to play it now thinking about it!
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I tried sims 1 months ago but I couldn't get into it. It's too old for me since I started with sims 3. The game did have some neat stuff though
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited July 2016
    Yes, I...
    1. Have played The Sims 1,
    2. Have got The Sims 1,
    3. Am thinking about playing The Sims 1 again.

That was my answer.
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    The first time I played had no idea what i was doing. I watched as the kids ran around outside and the mother collasped by the mailbox. I thought I killed her. Zoomed in and heard her snoring... Another time I got a guy sim so depressed that all bars were in the red.. Felt bad for the guy. His heart was broken.. I've been addicted to the sims since then!!!! Kind of wish I didn't give the first series away!!
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    It's a hard toss up between Vacation and Makin' Magic for me, but I lean toward MM a little more. I just recently found all my Sims 1 games at local thrift stores, so overall, I spent $12.50 on the entire collection, which works just fine, so I've been playing The Sims 1 lately, and plan to create one same sim in each one (TS1, TS2, TS3, & TS4) and take her on some adventures and see what happens to her throughout those games. :)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I still play, cant beat it for nostalgia and the game has so much character.
  • SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    I reinstalled it but haven't really played much. Needs have to be seen to more & relationships seem harder to develop (& when you get the 2 gay guys finally interested in each other, Bella Goth comes to flirt with one destroying what I've worked on, now I know why I'm not fond of Bella Goth). The constant cooking fires are also something. Unfortunately (& maybe a bit true to what life can be like) I find my Sims either at work or needing their fun or bladder etc worked on. They don't have time to social or even hobbies. I just don't find it as fun as I remember. Maybe I just need to try it more but I feel it is best to leave to the fondness of my memories & play S2, S3 & occasionally S4.
    One of the most aggravating things for me with The Sims 1 is the comfort need. It goes down so fast. That and if I go to a community lot and the needs decay, when I arrive back at home (at the same time I left), the needs stay decayed. That gets a little frustrating. Still love the nostalgia though!
  • Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    @xXAngelicEvilXx I know, the comfort need was so annoying!! I was so glad it was gone when I started playing TS3, but I still play the first sometimes mainly because gameplay (aside from comfort :D ) was so much easier.
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I hate the needs, they decay so fast, but this original game has more charm and personality than all the other versions put together.

And it isn't exactly easy, I mean if your Sim isn't happy he isn't going to do anything, and you can't force it. I find it so funny when I show someone the first Sims and they've never played it and the player tells the Sim to do something and the Sim absolutely refuses to do it.

But achieving the goals can be quite a grind and very repetitive, I have never made it to the top level of stardom as I just give up. The constant whining of the Sims "You're not friends anymore" can get to you.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I am so happy the got rid of the comfort and room needs in later game, (though they somewhat brought them back disguised as "emotions" in Sims 4).

But the charm of the game can't be beat, the descriptions of the items are funny and you can tell a lot of thought went into it. I love Mrs Crumplebottom beating the crap out of people for kissing and my two favorites the Hicks, you don't see many (if any) poor Sims in later games.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I tried to install it on windows xp but it failed. I have to check something out. I need to know the update that blocked secure rom.
    @xXAngelicEvilXx I know, the comfort need was so annoying!! I was so glad it was gone when I started playing TS3, but I still play the first sometimes mainly because gameplay (aside from comfort :D ) was so much easier.

I love the nostalgia that comes from The Sims 1 and 2, even if some aspects are annoying, haha!
    Chimark wrote: »
    I hate the needs, they decay so fast, but this original game has more charm and personality than all the other versions put together.

And it isn't exactly easy, I mean if your Sim isn't happy he isn't going to do anything, and you can't force it. I find it so funny when I show someone the first Sims and they've never played it and the player tells the Sim to do something and the Sim absolutely refuses to do it.

But achieving the goals can be quite a grind and very repetitive, I have never made it to the top level of stardom as I just give up. The constant whining of the Sims "You're not friends anymore" can get to you.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I am so happy the got rid of the comfort and room needs in later game, (though they somewhat brought them back disguised as "emotions" in Sims 4).

But the charm of the game can't be beat, the descriptions of the items are funny and you can tell a lot of thought went into it. I love Mrs Crumplebottom beating the plum out of people for kissing and my two favorites the Hicks, you don't see many (if any) poor Sims in later games.

I was really happy when they did away with those needs as well. It gave you less things to worry about. I can't get much done in The Sims 1 outside of having my sim go to work, take care of her cat, and keep the house cleaned. Gonna take her butt on vacation when she can afford it lol

• DaphneDaphne Posts: 13 New Member
    One of the most aggravating things for me with The Sims 1 is the comfort need. It goes down so fast. That and if I go to a community lot and the needs decay, when I arrive back at home (at the same time I left), the needs stay decayed. That gets a little frustrating. Still love the nostalgia though!

This is why I spam the fortune teller lady that the mask selling stand spawns, from Unleashed. When she gives you a fortune about "love once again finding a place in your heart," the needs of the entire household are fully replenished. Since the clock resets to the time you left when you return to your home lot, you can do it before and after work each day.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @james64468

I hope it does work on XP as I just ordered my PC tech to make me a laptop just to play Sims 1 on as although it played fine on windows 7 the sim detail was not too satisfactory for me as I wanted it more perfect lol From the little I have played I am so looking forward to playing more as it looks like a brilliant series :)

I started with 3, went to 2 and love it and now want to experience 1 in all its glory-)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @james64468

I hope it does work on XP as I just ordered my PC tech to make me a laptop just to play Sims 1 on as although it played fine on windows 7 the sim detail was not too satisfactory for me as I wanted it more perfect lol From the little I have played I am so looking forward to playing more as it looks like a brilliant series :)

I started with 3, went to 2 and love it and now want to experience 1 in all its glory-)

Yeah I not had enough time to figure it out. I almost feel like getting Windows 98 computer just to play it lol
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @james64468

well I bought the complete series for the first time a couple months or so ago and it did install and run fine on 7 and for the most part the graphics were fine except for the sims which looked really jagged around the edges and nothing I tried could change that so after some great advice from someone who still regularly plays 1 on these forums I decided to think about getting an old with xp however my tech said because he knows how I play sims for hours on my desktop build he wants to make sure the internal laptop parts are reasonable so I don't burn it out too quickly by playing for too long lol

I had to put the laptop on hold until next month because I just completed an expensive upgrade on my desktop this month just so I can install and play 2, 3 and 4 on the same desktop. Honestly sometimes I wish I had never heard of the Sims games as it has cost me a fortune but ever since the first time I played I was instantly addicted :)

when I try out the laptop next month I will come back and post specs which may help someone else if they are thinking about going down the same route..
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @james64468

well I bought the complete series for the first time a couple months or so ago and it did install and run fine on 7 and for the most part the graphics were fine except for the sims which looked really jagged around the edges and nothing I tried could change that so after some great advice from someone who still regularly plays 1 on these forums I decided to think about getting an old with xp however my tech said because he knows how I play sims for hours on my desktop build he wants to make sure the internal laptop parts are reasonable so I don't burn it out too quickly by playing for too long lol

I had to put the laptop on hold until next month because I just completed an expensive upgrade on my desktop this month just so I can install and play 2, 3 and 4 on the same desktop. Honestly sometimes I wish I had never heard of the Sims games as it has cost me a fortune but ever since the first time I played I was instantly addicted :)

when I try out the laptop next month I will come back and post specs which may help someone else if they are thinking about going down the same route..

Cool. I was trying to run it on Windows xp but maybe I did install update that I shouldn't have. I wish that EA would release Sims 1 but maybe I needed to put in second disk at 95%.
  • AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member
    I loved sims 1 but they only expansions I had were Unleashed and... Was it bon voyage or holidays for sims 1? I loved playing, but I still find it the most difficult in the series.
    I also hated how the children never aged up (unless you had making magic?)
    Sims 1 is also unique in the sense that it was the only sims game that SCARED me. Lol!
    The phone calls will haunt me forever
    Daphne wrote: »

This is why I spam the fortune teller lady that the mask selling stand spawns, from Unleashed. When she gives you a fortune about "love once again finding a place in your heart," the needs of the entire household are fully replenished. Since the clock resets to the time you left when you return to your home lot, you can do it before and after work each day.

Awesome tip, thank you!
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Greetings, I played the Sims 1 until recently, I got all the packs for it, My fave is Makin Magic , as well as Vacation, Luv all the awesome stuff I was able to do in that game series, :) .

The Sims 1 was pretty funny but bad graphics and bad gameplay. The kids couldn't grow up, and my game crashed every 5 minutes.
  • ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    I've got "The Sims 1" installed on my older Windows XP laptop and it runs perfectly, Graphic and performance wise.
    The Installation of TS1 was straight forward as well.
    Only thing now is that I'm playing TS1 without any sound, this problem has got nothing to do with
    TS1, it's my Laptop, suddenly the sound decided to fail to work and even I risk to connect it online,
    I still can't get the sound back and I've heard that TS1 doesn't work on Windows 10.
    Otherwise, I would install TS1 on my newer Windows 10 Desktop Computer.

How the sound hardware or driver can just die from one day to the next, wonders me.
    Maybe is died on old age, goodness knows.

I love "The Sims 1"
    I could play it for hours and never get bord.
    Just would be brilliant if EA could release the Complete Collection as a download on
    people's Origin account for free, if they own at least 1 copy of TS1 Base Game.
    OR as a gift for Sims Fans.

@Simsister2004
    @Andremi
  • ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    It looks amazing, "The Sims 1: Complete Collection" on Origin.
    Every single Expansion Pack and works perfect on Windows 10.

21e0w83.jpg

Reality is that EA haven't added "The Sims 1: Complete Collection" to Origin yet and offered it for free.
    But I'm sure that they will, the image above, gives Sims Fans an idea of what it would look like on your
    Origin account.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Very funny. Even if they did offer it for free, I wouldn't go back to playing The Sims 1. Neither would I play 2 or 3. Been there, done that.
    Others might, however.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top