Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which graphic style do you prefer Sims 3 or 4?

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I've gotten used to the way TS4 Sims look and it's not so bad. However I still think OS and WC are over saturated with color and look cartoonish.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Glitter_bugGlitter_bug Posts: 70 Member
    I prefer the ts4 graphics. I like that I can go into that game and it's ready to play (I don't have to hunt for cc just to make it playable. That's really a problem with ts3 for me. The foundation of what the sims look like, etc. is horrible. I literally can't play ts3 without cc. That being said however, I do prefer ts3 game play over ts4, and that is why I am currently just playing ts3.
    Check out my ISBI Legacy Challenge here: http://ts4-townie.tumblr.com/
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2016
    I prefer the ts4 graphics. I like that I can go into that game and it's ready to play (I don't have to hunt for cc just to make it playable. That's really a problem with ts3 for me. The foundation of what the sims look like, etc. is horrible. I literally can't play ts3 without cc. That being said however, I do prefer ts3 game play over ts4, and that is why I am currently just playing ts3.

So you hunt for CC to make sims 3 playable?? Do they really look that bad to you?? am just asking.Again everybody has their own taste and opinion but is it your graphics?? or do you just not like realistic sims and highly detailed clothing.Will just post these which contain as usual no CC no skins no CC clothes or hair or anything period and would like to know why you think they are awful compared to vanilla sims 4.Honest question.

And just cause I throw a pattern I made on a T-shirt does not make it a CC sim.Was made with a EA tool it is about the sim anyway.Just throwing that in.

Screenshot-4199_zps35lax2hi.jpg

Screenshot-4170_zpsexewavcr.jpg

Screenshot-4151_zpsyc6it9zp.jpg

Screenshot-4084_zps0tk2vaxd.jpg

Screenshot-4060_zpschatha7f.jpg

Screenshot-3956_zpsma7k8q0q.jpg

Screenshot-3812_zpsv73z3z3i.jpg
    Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @CravenLestat as always wow! on the first sim could you please tell me what you used as the base dress & which EP etc. it came from? I recognize the bracelet as showtime, from the same? My computer can't run all eps at once but I would really like to work with that one! Oh & to answer the question I much prefer 3, not a fan of the exaggerated look of 4.
    Will just leave with this. :*

VS_zpsun4rq7mt.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited July 2016
    imdragonit wrote: »
    @CravenLestat as always wow! on the first sim could you please tell me what you used as the base dress & which EP etc. it came from? I recognize the bracelet as showtime, from the same? My computer can't run all eps at once but I would really like to work with that one! Oh & to answer the question I much prefer 3, not a fan of the exaggerated look of 4.

@imdragonit It is a Showtime expansion singer outfit you can get it by normal means by reaching high level in the career "at level 7" or just Unlockoutfits On cheat with testingcheats enabled and can just use it right away even creating a new sim or dressing a existing one.Make sure you enter the cheat before going in CAS

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @CravenLestat Your sims are absolutely amazing!!! <3 I know some pre-mades are not bad at all. There's a male sim in WA in "Egypt" that I've had my eye on. lol

I don't really understand the dislike for sims 3 sims. If I don't have a particular look I want in mind, I'll just randomize them in cas then adjust one of their features that seem a little off. (Although randomizing is pretty funny!) :D

I much prefer 3 over 4. I don't have 4 but did a lot of thread stalking and reading up on the game, then decided to purchase 3. (very recently actually). I check out the picture threads and I just can't get past the looks of 4. I did download the cas demo and I may try the game demo. It seems the sims 4 sims look better in cas screen than they do in the ingame screenshots I've seen, which can be said for sims 3 I suppose. I just can't get past the candy coated airbrushed cartoon look I guess. Just my opinion.
    edited July 2016
    @Odonata68 Who is the male sim?? The only!!! female I crush on in Al Simhara is Shadia Rashid :love: She has the perfect Bollywood Indian lead actress look.I find her nose to be appealing and her eyes are great.She may be Egyptian in game but in mine she is from India :p

Screenshot-80_zpsew1qojgf.jpg

Did someone call my name,Do you realize I swam all the way from Egypt through this sewer pipe Craven no more false alarms. :D

Screenshot-74_zpsqfm5a81j.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2016
    @CravenLestat I must admit your love for vanilla premades and the wonderful pictures you're taking, have given me a whole new appreciation for the TS3 sims. Even though I've also always played them vanilla for years and still prefer the sims I played in the past that way (they look off when I open their save and they're wearing the CC skin I use now), I never was a fan of the premades. But you prove me wrong (the women that is, still not a fan of the premade guys in the game).

When people say Sims 4 sims don't need CC, they seem to forget that's a matter of preference. Lots of people cover them in CC as well. I happen to like the hairstyle in the game, but I know a lot of people who use CC for that because they don't. Sims 4 guys are a lost case for me, I think they're an absolute failure. This comparison says it all for me personally.

Silas%203%20en%204b_kl_zpsoj5prjoa.png

In no way is the right guy a better sim for me, the left guy is. I can go into Sims 3 and it's ready to play as well, I never used much CC, especially not for the sims. For me the new sims are a downgrade, even when the CAS tools are amazing. It's not just the faces. Just look at the legs of your sims, their knees. Those are real legs, real knees. Compare that to legs in Sims 4 vanilla.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    This thread makes me sure I'm going in the right direction. Instead of spending money for new TS4 content I'm saving for a better computer. I've never had the pleasure of playing any Sims on high graphics.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @CravenLestat ty so much! will hunt it out next ingame :)
    edited July 2016
    @JoAnne65 Will say and you rarely hear me say anything about male sims if you do it is after I was struck by lightning holding a stuffed pikachu right after hitting the lottery.That often...anyway your male sim is really good but if I put him in my game he would steal all my sim ladies :rage: and that is just unaccetable so most likely would end up hitting him with large and in charge potions and flasks of bees just to keep him off my women. :D Plus would give him awful makeovers and pretty pink guyshadow to match his pink heart print hot pants.

@imdragonit You are welcome and BTW the outfit my sim has on in the comparrison picture is also unlocked using testingcheatsenabled true then unlockoutfits on same as the other.Will be in the everyday and overall category since it is one piece.

Here it is on Lina Lancaster

Screenshot-1684_zpscqajlqfp.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JoAnne65 Will say and you rarely hear me say anything about male sims if you do it is after I was struck by lightning holding a stuffed pikachu right after hitting the lottery.That often...anyway your male sim is really good but if I put him in my game he would steal all my sim ladies :rage: and that is just unaccetable so most likely would end up hitting him with large and in charge potions and flasks of bees just to keep him off my women. :D

@imdragonit You are welcome and BTW the outfit my sim has on in the comparrison picture is also unlocked using testingcheatsenabled true then unlockoutfirs on same as the other.Will be in the everyday and overall category since it is one piece.
    Haha! You better watch out though, he's a genie and you know what they are capable of >:)
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited July 2016
    This thread makes me sure I'm going in the right direction. Instead of spending money for new TS4 content I'm saving for a better computer. I've never had the pleasure of playing any Sims on high graphics.

Yeah high sim detail and object detail it makes a huge difference cause in my case when first installing 3 the default is set junky and even the Tshirts with designs on it like a gnome or something are inky blurs and hair looks awful.Change settings and go :o What the!!! sims 3 clothing are so detailed and stuff is lacy you never knew was lace etc.

Base game nighty bustline area this is a EA default white even can see the wrinkled fabric detail on the outfit

And look at the base game straight hair too in the mirror.

Screenshot-2128_zpsg6jkdmoa.jpg

EDIT:For those interested this sim is the homeless member of the Bijou Family.EA has a thing with the beautiful members of the family panhandling on the street hanging out at soup kitchens.This is Becca Bijou from Bridgeport..another example go check out the homeless member Alani of the Shepard family sleeping in cardboard boxes in AP. :(

DfydFiZ.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2016

Yeah high sim detail and object detail it makes a huge difference cause in my case when first installing 3 the default is set junky and even the Tshirts with designs on it like a gnome or something are inky blurs and hair looks awful.Change settings and go :o What the!!! sims 3 clothing are so detailed and stuff is lacy you never knew was lace etc.

Base game nighty bustline area this is a EA default white even can see the wrinkled fabric detail on the outfit

And look at the base game straight hair too in the mirror

Screenshot-2128_zpsg6jkdmoa.jpg

Your female sims are always sooo pretty!

I agree the Sims 3 looks way better on high settings, Sims 4, you don't notice it much but on Sims 3 I think the difference is even bigger. Personal opinion of course.

The first one was when my new card wasn't recognized so it went and ran the game on an intel card with setting all set to low
    Screenshot_zpsshfca1na.jpg

Decided to use that sim and give her a make over with high setting and a nvidia card <3 oh an CC skin <.<
    Screenshot-3_zpse4u2me2c.jpg
  • CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    edited July 2016
    I much prefer the Sims 3 graphics/artstyle. I just can't get into that Pixar look, which is fine if you enjoy that type of thing, but it's never going to be something I like.

edit: typo
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Graphically, I like some things and don't like other things about both games; however, overall I prefer Sims 3. I don't need sims games to be ultra-realistic, but the cartoonishness of Sims 4 is just too much for me.

I've never really felt the need to use any CC in 3 (not saying I don't like some of it) since I can recolor and re-texture most everything. Whereas, with Sims 4, I felt extremely limited immediately, more so in terms of decorating than in dressing sims, but somewhat with both.

I liked the CAS in 4 but really don't like the sims nearly as well live (perhaps that's more to do with animation of them). The facial structures are nice, along the the ability to create different body types. Overall, though, they're too cartoony and silly, which is partly due to graphic style, and partly animation. Even though the possibilities in 3's CAS are more limited, I don't cringe while watching them (except when they watch TV and make the Betty Boop face).

There are furniture styles and decor I can appreciate in both games. Not going to complain about either, but due to customization possibilities, Sims 3 is still the big winner with me.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    I love Sims 4 graphics. Honestly, I hate Sims 3 graphics...
    @fullspiral Oh yeahhhh
    Sims 4 graphics for life B)
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Even with all the CC available today for TS4 I still prefer a TS3 laden game. Actually TS4 was the one that pushed me from barebones CC user to full blown CC addict. I blame the fact that TS4 is so ... plastic and smooth and limited in what the sims can wear, hair, make up, etc. that I had to DL cc just to cope. Then I moved back to TS3 because, after 2 generations of TS4 I was done.

I definitely prefer open world and the explorable backgrounds in TS3 are much better than the backdrops in TS4.

Both these girls are CC laden, I'll not hide that in the least. ;) But I definitely prefer what I can do in TS3 than what is available in TS4.
    25102765651_f51dbd9a5f_o.png

26468296056_a1da11f57c_o.jpg

And of course the worlds...
    25840121424_ea2be4c631_o.jpg
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
    edited July 2016
    @GaiaHypothesis :o That redheaded girls eyes are mesmorizing...she is trying to hypnotize me with mind control everytime I look at that picture.She is like a hottie reptilian.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited July 2016
    @CravenLestat I don't remember the guy's name. I think he tends the little restaurant but I'm not sure he's there in all my game saves. Between work and trying to own the store, I haven't played in a while.

@GaiaHypothesis I agree!
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I love sims 3 the best for the way the sims look and all the decor and outdoors in general. Sims 4 is beginning to grow on me however. Have not played as much as I would like cause I still enamored with sims 3. But I am beginning to see the beauty. :)
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    @jaletu2005 :o Woah is that freaking Alice playing chess with the Mad Hatter in your siggy pic??? AWESOME <3<3<3<3

DfydFiZ.gif