Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien Faces are... Still glitched.

CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
June 2 2016
I was super excited to say that alien faces were finally fixed after all this time--But I was tricked. Bamboozled! Flim-flammed! Hoodwinked!
Since I found out alien faces change when they age last year, I'd test it out in CAS every new patch afterward. Every time I did, I was upset, seeing that it was always the same.

If you don't know what I mean, it's this. The faces of aliens would always change when they age up (or down), regardless of mods. Before, it'd show up like this in CAS.

1f2ae13d0ad50d6aebf7a64df8042571.gif

This is my test alien here, Richard Swain. You can see his face change from Teen to Young Adult. This only seems to affect aliens who don't have large eyes, pointy chins and small noses. Most game generated aliens tend to fall into those bounds, so they age up without any problems.

However, I checked the game after the patch, and popped in Richard. I was surprised!
15ff55f5aad2703c4daecddfc1aea36c.gif72a26211752f4bf08ff4b2a49ef0fa06.gif
(Teen to Young Adult, Young Adult to Adult)

Richard didn't change! I was ecstatic until I decided to do some testing. It was too good to be true, I thought. I put Richard in some sweet new duds, and threw him in the Daisy Hovel in a new save...
I had him make a beeline to the kitchen to make a birthday cake...
Gmvq3Lo.png
...Throw on the candles...
TNNW6uU.png
Then...
icALfJf.png
???
He was normal!
I literally screamed until I realized the "Richard Aged Up!" window was open. I closed it and then panned back to Richard.

GTlRDmk.png
Richard pls

c0a9feeba96f0528c8192a4d1201d571.gif

So yes... Bug's still there. My CAS made aliens are pretty much frozen in time still... Unfortunate for my child aliens to watch their friends age up without them as they stay in the guise of an 8-year-old human. :disappointed: Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. Got my fingers crossed! :s

(This was already posted in the bug forums and the Answers HQ forum as well, so I'm not sure if I should repost it?)

Anyone else have any alien aging face problems? :( I'm gonna try repairing my game real quick to see if it'll fix it even though I'm pretty sure it won't work since it hadn't worked for all those other times-- ack, I'm being a debbie downer again rip

On the bright side, the lighting is nice.
(ahhahah pun)
October 27 2016 Patch
This was a rather big patch, so I hoped maybe the devs secretly fixed this? Yeah... Nope. :s
8dec477d2bc6c1e9f071f2417c2f26e5.gif
Aging in CAS seems to have broke again too. :( I aged Jim up and down in CAS and found that his face changes.
Here's a gif showing Jim and Emilia as a Teen, Young Adult, Adult, then Elder. (They're originally Young Adults.)
dd5a9b42d7ed04914673125fdb7b631c.gif5f46ccce011fb1ea1ab65c34649e0b50.gif

Here's to hoping they'll get fixed soon :cookie:

November 7 2017 Patch
Another big patch means another try for the aliens! I jumped in game and popped in Jim again...
ez9a1bh.gif
...And it's a bust. :s
Tested in both CAS and in-game with the birthday cake as per usual, with no mods. :T I also checked it with two fresh CAS aliens, Rim and Pim, and they too changed as well.
wzrxwLS.gif
1y3pIqw.gif

Here's to another year of hoping another giant patch will save them all.
Post edited by Cement on

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I really wish this was like a priority. I love aliens but hardly ever play them due to this. Hate seeing them get those bulging eyes and wrinkles galore after I spent so much time making them.

Also still waiting for a way to copy their alien face/body to their human disguise and vice versa
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Can someone explain the glitch? I'm having trouble seeing it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited June 2016
    BabySquare wrote: »
    In the last gif, notice the eyes and chin particularly? For whatever reason when aliens age up their eyes get progressively larger/spread apart and their chins super pointy.

Basically they lose any features you gave them that make them look unique and aging up turns them into generic bug-eyed aliens lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • strawberrymarkstrawberrymark Posts: 199 Member
    im so sad this glitch still happens ... i was so excited to see it fixed but nope ...
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    It's still not fixed? I remember you (or was is someone else?) posting this before. I thought they had fixed it- or thought I read they did.

Here's hoping they fix it. :(
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Here's a more exaggerated example I posted in the HQ site:
    6a132b1bad1c7eddda1c5d2ebd3f996b.gif
    This is the same alien. I exaggerated the facial features that change when they age up.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It's still not fixed? I remember you (or was is someone else?) posting this before. I thought they had fixed it- or thought I read they did.

Here's hoping they fix it. :(
    Not fixed yet. (Hopefully it's a "yet") :(
    I know for sure @TheBlaireWitch made topics about it. I mostly comment about it here and there like a broken record :'(
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    In the last gif, notice the eyes and chin particularly? For whatever reason when aliens age up their eyes get progressively larger/spread apart and their chins super pointy.

Basically they lose any features you gave them that make them look unique and aging up turns them into generic bug-eyed aliens lol

Oh I see. Maybe that's just alien facial characteristics? in the same way human faces become a bit leaner when we move from children to teens? although the eyes moving further apart suggests otherwise.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

Oh I see. Maybe that's just alien facial characteristics? in the same way human faces become a bit leaner when we move from children to teens? although the eyes moving further apart suggests otherwise.
    It really, really doesn't seem like it's supposed to be that way.

The way this glitch works seems similar to an old 2014 face glitch that affected male sims who aged up within that time frame. All male sims that aged up would automatically age up with small eyes and a square jaw, regardless of what genetics may dictate. It was later fixed so it doesn't happen now--although if you had a sim during that time, it's within their gene pool now so it can show up later.

I just don't think it's fair if this is a supposed feature that aliens have to look exactly the same as a default alien when you can honestly customize everything and everyone now...
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    This is plum :( I was so happy about the patch today, I had been wanting to do a story with a genderqueer alien and their little brother, and I had plans to do it but just wasn't into TS4 but then this, figured I could do it even better now, I had no idea this glitch was a thing. Glad I saw it...that dashes all my hopes, the fact they were aliens was important. I don't want all my aliens to look the same...that doesn't seem right...
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,586 Member
    While it sucks that it's not fixed, on the brighter side, you CAN be able to easily fix/adjust it in the "change sim" function on the wardrobe, which is nice. Still a pain since you gotta manually fix it, but you don't have to be stuck with ugly bug-eyed alien boos.
  • TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    Every patch I check to see if it's fixed... nope. But if you make the sim a teen and edit the face then, it seems to stay. But pre existing sims it's not fixable... sigh. It's been a year since Angel and Foggy were married and I couldn't even throw them an anniversary party...
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    It really doesn't bother me that much, but I can understand how it would annoy others. Hopefully they'll fix it soon
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Just adding my voice to this thread. This patch opened up some great options for aliens, so I wanted to start a new alien family (I haven't done that in a very long time). I was really bummed to learn (and then to see) that once my alien ages up her face becomes distorted and her eye, cheek, and chin features change dramatically.

Please fix our aliens. Please oh please!
    Does anyone know which SimGurus would be the best points of contact for a request like this?
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Sweet, thank you Luthien! Now I know who to bug on twitter. ;) lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Rubidium91Rubidium91 Posts: 33 Member
    Was sad to see today that this is STILL not fixed >< I have multiple alien children in my game; all of which are super cute, only to encounter this hideous bug every time they age. This happens both by modifying in CAS and by aging with a birthday cake, and interestingly, only to my kids born in game via alien abduction. This doesn't affect my created aliens, contrary to other threads I've read. I don't want to have to edit my sims when they age up; they don't even remotely look like themselves anymore. I don't use Twitter or anything - are the Gurus aware of this? Have they responded to this issue?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Rubidium91 wrote: »
    Was sad to see today that this is STILL not fixed >< I have multiple alien children in my game; all of which are super cute, only to encounter this hideous bug every time they age. This happens both by modifying in CAS and by aging with a birthday cake, and interestingly, only to my kids born in game via alien abduction. This doesn't affect my created aliens, contrary to other threads I've read. I don't want to have to edit my sims when they age up; they don't even remotely look like themselves anymore. I don't use Twitter or anything - are the Gurus aware of this? Have they responded to this issue?

Hello.
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, and post your experiences there

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Alien-Face-changing-on-age-up/m-p/5111215#M21563
  • Rubidium91Rubidium91 Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks rosemow! I guess we just need to keep poking them :persevere:
  • HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    I love playing with alien sims they are my absolute favorite:D because there like two sims in one! Alien and they're disguised selves. I also love how both pass down genetics even the disguises. However I have noticed that alien child sims hair color will constantly change. Ill have a alien child born with black hair for example and once I finish editing sim in game the hair will randomly change to a completely different color! It is sooo annoying. Any one else having this problem? I hope it will be fixed soon.
    Service306 wrote: »
    I love playing with alien sims they are my absolute favorite:D because there like two sims in one! Alien and they're disguised selves. I also love how both pass down genetics even the disguises. However I have noticed that alien child sims hair color will constantly change. Ill have a alien child born with black hair for example and once I finish editing sim in game the hair will randomly change to a completely different color! It is sooo annoying. Any one else having this problem? I hope it will be fixed soon.

Hello @Service306
    Other simmers are also having this issue,
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Child-s-Hair-Color-Changing-When-Re-Opening-Save-File/m-p/3581609#M3330
  • GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    I hate the general default age up features the stuff that happens in the sims 4 isn't based on life now other wise we wouldn't have aliens so why not have an option to use aging features like like wrinkles and crouched bodies I hate that the elders body shape it weird like the waist becomes odly shaped they should have an option to change aging features or keep them the same.
    edited August 2016
    Gardening wrote: »
    I hate the general default age up features the stuff that happens in the sims 4 isn't based on life now other wise we wouldn't have aliens so why not have an option to use aging features like like wrinkles and crouched bodies I hate that the elders body shape it weird like the waist becomes odly shaped they should have an option to change aging features or keep them the same.

Hello @Gardening
    After your sims have aged up, you can enter the cas.fulleditmode cheat and go into CAS and edit the sim if you would like to.
    Gardening wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure where you're saying? The sims has always been a parody of real life. If you prefer a more fantasy driven game or a more realistic game, you can have them. You have options.

If you don't like aliens, you don't have to get GTW. Or if you already have it, use the satellite to ward them away and/or avoid staying too long in areas that would spawn many of them. There's also mods to wipe them out of towns, too.
    As for elders, if you don't like them, you can turn aging off so your sims won't age. If you do choose for them to age, you can use the cas.fulleditmode cheat @rosemow provided above to edit the body. If you're concerned about their faces, there are CC face masks you can use on your sims that can negate the effect of wrinkles and lines on their faces, and it is possible to have a "worse back" in the Sims 4 with CAS since you can actually change posture by dragging the back like this:

ed27a4015630eea205401b3db784f71a.png
    Pulling upward makes the back straighter, and pulling downward gives them a slouching posture.
    6e8b1648cbeac2b598ba217ad392b792.png
    674c592181532d2b6a3d3c64683aeb2d.png

I personally like that sims get wrinkles as they get older. It makes sense.

As for the actual topic at hand, my aliens still age up funny. This still isn't fixed yet. :(