Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fidlerten's Showcase

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Heeey Fid, great to see you back in the forums and sharing your builds again. Welcome back! :) Sorry for the late reply. I was on vacation. Visiting my family in U.S. Love your restaurant and the estate. Looks gorgeous. I always love your attention to detail. Will be checking them out in the gallery. If I am not mistaken I have already added one of your builds to my favourites. Not sure which one. Have to double check to be sure. Happy simming Fid. :D
  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    Hi @yanti68. Nice to hear you had a nice vacation here in the U.S. Where did you go? Probably nowhere near me as there isn't that much around here as far as traveling from abroad. Thanks much for stopping by and complimenting my work. I always appreciate that. I will also be uploading and showcasing a new house very soon, which I think those sims with big families needing a legacy home, will like this one. Take care!
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I regularly see your work on the gallery, but I haven't stopped by your thread lately! I'm a big fan of your work. Your Pier Point restaurant is particularly handsome! :smiley:
    I certainly appreciate that @StSciurus. I don't get around enough myself, so caught up in building. You're a great builder yourself and your words flatter me. Thanks a bunch!
    Introducing my newest project: Vernanda Heights

07-27-16_9-55-27nbspAM_zpsgxobj8vv.png

I also created two slideshows for this one since it seemed all the photos would not show in just one.

Slideshow 1

Slideshow 2 (which is basically the second floor)

Your comments, though positive or negative are always welcome.

• NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Lovely traditional home! I can see a sim family really expanding well there! Beautiful creation!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    The gallery image really doesn't do it justice! Veranda Heights is gorgeous! :smiley:
    @Nhicks yes, it would make a grand legacy home for someone wanting a homestead for their family. I may be placing this on a larger lot later (50X50) to add a pool and playground but I wanted a house that could fit a lot of places, as there are several 40X30 lots around.

Thanks for the nice compliments.
    @StSciurus Thank you, though I do think the gallery image is better than some of the ones I've uploaded, it still would have been nice to upload a custom covershot.

I appreciate your continued support.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    fidlerten wrote: »
    @Nhicks yes, it would make a grand legacy home for someone wanting a homestead for their family. I may be placing this on a larger lot later (50X50) to add a pool and playground but I wanted a house that could fit a lot of places, as there are several 40X30 lots around. Thanks for the nice compliments.
    Very happy that you kept lot size in mind. I kind of get lost trying to manage the larger lots plus they are scarce. :wink:Veranda Heights is the perfect style as I am a sucker for a Veranda. *Grabs ice tea to go sit on the swing on my (virtual) veranda.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Veranda House is so very nice! :) It looks a very nice family home. The exterior design of the home is very nice. The wraparound veranda looks very nice and is a homely feature of the build. The roofing is very nice! The flowers and plants look pretty on the edges of the front exterior and in the flower beds on the veranda. Nice outside dining area on the veranda for sims to enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating the meals at the picnic table in the outside air. The sofa and armchairs outdoors living sitting and chatting nook is a nice place for sims to rest. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the kitchen and dining areas looks very nice. The T shaped stove and bar stool kitchen counter looks great! The cabinets look great how they are placed on the walls between the windows. Very nice dining table area. Sims will enjoy eating their meals at the table with sunlight coming in through the windows, and the flowers look pretty on the dining table. The scenic wall picture, plants , teaset and wall plates are nice touches there. The floor patterning in the living room looks very great! The living room layout is very nice! Very nice fireplace corner sofa seats sitting nook for sims to enjoy relaxing there watching tv and reading a book near the fire. The clock and flowers are nice touches on the fireplace ledge, the pictures look great placed on either corner walls. The bar counter alcove is very great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. It looks so very nice how the drinks and bottles display shelves and cherry blossom picture are placed on the walls there! Nice piano windows area for sims to enjoy playing the piano with sunshine coming onto them. Very nice nook areas for sims to have fun playing chess and foosball. The floor rugs add nice looks to the room areas. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The lit tree prints on the bedhead wall in one of the bedrooms looks very nice. The angled sofa sitting nook looks great with the dividers behind the sofa. Sims will enjoy using the computer at the desk table in their bedroom. It is great that there is a gym in the home for sims to use the fitness equipment to keep fit and enjoy listening to radio stereo music at the same time. Each of the other bedrooms look so very nice as well! I won't post about each of them as the post is getting a bit longer, but they are very nice!
    It is a very nice family home! :)
    @EuphorialQueen . That's the reason I kept it on that size of lot because of the lack of bigger lots, and it is easier playing on a smaller lot. Thanks for your nice compliment and enjoy that iced tea.
    @rosemow, you always are wonderful for your long, detailed comments and compliments and I'm sure all the builders are appreciative of you for them. Thanks for being so supportive. And yes, it would get rather long if you gave comments on all these bedrooms, with all their very different features. LOL!!!
    Oooh WOW! Love Verenda Heights! Love the roofing and your choice of texture for the exterior wall. Nice landscaping too. I am heading over to the forums to give it a well deserved fav. :)

I went to Seattle. My brother lives near Seattle in Snohomish. Not many know about Snohomish and so I am wondering if you heard of that place. It is very picturesque. A nature lover's Paradise. The weather is really great and it is very near to the Canadian border. It was wonderful seeing my family. Which part of U.S. are you from? :)
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Beautiful traditional home :) I like how cosy and inviting it feels once you "step" inside!
    Thanks for the compliment @yanti68.

I live in Oklahoma, which is right in the middle of the country, just above Texas and below Kansas.

I have been out to the west coast and even lived out there but not in Washington state, which I understand is got some beautiful country out there. The furthest I've gone north is San Francisco, California.
    I appreciate the nice compliments @Manssom. I tried using a lot of warm colors for the interior, with different shades of brown for some of the main rooms and the master bedroom. I do think in hindsight that I used too many exterior lights and they look a bit cluttered. I think I'll refrain from doing that in the future. Thanks for your nice compliments.
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Fid veranda Heights is a lovely family home , beautifully decorated with a great kitchen. :)
    Thanks @follyfoot. I'm glad you like it.
    Oklahoma! Great! I have never been there. Been to the East Coast though. Several times. Visiting my brother. Not so long ago he used to live in West Hartford. :) I have heard that California is beautiful but I have never been there.
    @yanti68, California is beautiful in some areas and then some areas are smog infested. I think Northern California has some of the most beautiful areas but there are a lot of nice places even far south.
    I've finished another lot and I'm working on another one. This first one, Daggwood Modern is three bedroom, two bath open floor plan, which is quite unique and would be great for a couple of swinging singles or a young couple, even if they've got a couple of kids. I think you'll love it.

Here's the Link: Daggwood Modern

08-06-16_9-52-08nbspPM_zpsb0k9cb95.png

And here's the slideshow:

Slideshow Daggwood Modern

I hope you like it. The next one I'll be showing probably early next week will be a real zinger I'm sure. Can't wait to share it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    edited August 2016
    The exterior design of Daggwood Modern is very nice! :) The roofing and the type and placement of the windows in the build look very nice! Very nice patterned wall decor on the front exterior. The plants , rocks and flowers either sides of the front steps look very nice. The trees look nice on the edges of the home. The fish fountain feature on the corner of the build looks great! The flowers and plants features with the rocks edging them are nice touches through the outdoors. Very nice sofa seats sitting area on the front porch. Sims will enjoy resting there in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The foyer area looks very nice. The pictures on the wall and the sofa seat complement each other, and the ascending log themed wall decor on the staircase wall looks great! Very nice open plan layout of the kitchen, dining and bar areas. The red, black and white colour scheme of the areas looks very stylish. Very nice windows dining area. Sims will enjoy sunlight coming in through the windows whilst eating their meals. The bar area is very nice! The drinks shelves look great placed either sides of the windows, Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The red and white kitchen wall colours combined with the black colour of the cabinets looks great! The aquarium is a nice touch in the room area. The floor patterning in the bathroom looks very nice! The red patterned floor rugs look nice on the flooring. The open plan layout of the living room areas looks very nice! Very nice design of the different areas! Very nice sofa seats sitting nook for sims to enjoy resting there watching tv. Sims will enjoy playing the piano, or have fun playing chess or foosball in the gaming and music area. They will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The wall decor from Perfect Patio looks very nice how it has been placed on the side wall. Very nice furnishing and colour scheme of the bedrooms! The patterned floor rugs give a great look to the rooms! Nice armchair sitting areas in the bedrooms.
    It is a very nice modern home :)
    As always @rosemow, thanks for taking the time to give a detailed commentary about my build. You're very gracious and selfless to spend such a great deal of time praising other people's work. Thank you sincerely.
    Hello Friends,

Here is my newest house uploaded to the gallery; Chastain House

08-15-16_9-09-16nbspPM_zpsa0to1mqr.png

Link for the slideshow

Love your nice compliments always. Thanks!