Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 version not updated

So here's the thing, I bought a Sims 4 CD on a booth at the mall. I couldn't download from websites cuz wifi at the office took forever and I don't have wifi at home. So at the cover of the CD I bought says, The Sims 4 Offline. I installed it. Also installed Origin since it required me to install it for the game to start. So I did. Game works fine for me. But the problem is, moveobjects and showhiddenobjects cheat doesn't work. Only money cheats. Now I searched and searched on Youtube and Google and realized that these people had the bought version online. I guess. Cuz they have the moveobjects and the new patch where they have that Christmas outfit and etc.

Now is there any possible way I can download an update patch from here or do I need to buy the original game online? Cuz the CD I bought was only a cracked version. (Since it only cost me about $2 if I convert it to USD. And it had 2 CDs. Also I'm from the Philippines)

Can anyone tell me if I still have hope of having moveobjects cheat? Cuz I installed Sims 4 cuz I like playing it and designing houses cuz it brings out the inner architect in me and everyone who plays I'm sure but I can't enjoy it as much if I can't be creative and design as much) I don't even have those Annuler things you have on the build wall things. I think that's what they called it.

So, any possible way? Someone please help me.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2016
    There are no updates for cracked versions of the game. Buy a legit copy. The game is available in stores on disc (check the box when you buy it); all updates are done through Origin with an internet connection. People here will be happy to help you when you have a legit version.

Oh yeah - forget second-hand too. That doesn't work.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TerriCharles_BretsonTerriCharles_Bretson Posts: 4 New Member
    Can I update through Origin? How do I do that?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Can I update through Origin? How do I do that?

If your game is in fact legit and is registered in Origin, all you have to do is bring the computer to where you can access the internet, open Origin, and put it online. The game will update, unless you told Origin not to automatically update. (Answering this on the off chance that your copy was cheap but legit.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Okay. I'll try later when I go to the office. Hopefully it will let me update. Thanks :)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    Just to make sure, for the cheats you are typing in "Testingcheats True", [ENTER], followed by "bb.showhiddenobjects" or "bb.moveobjects"
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/
    What if I bought the game from an actual PC Game store.. You know the one where they sell PS3s or PS4's, Wii's, PS3 and PS4 Games and PC games.. What if I bought ann original game from there? I saw one the other day it cost like $32(converted from PHP) and I saw stuff packs. like the Get To Work and 2 other ones I forgot for like $65. If I bought that game, would I be able to update my game from a website or do I need to buy the game online itself?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited July 2016
    What if I bought the game from an actual PC Game store.. You know the one where they sell PS3s or PS4's, Wii's, PS3 and PS4 Games and PC games.. What if I bought ann original game from there? I saw one the other day it cost like $32(converted from PHP) and I saw stuff packs. like the Get To Work and 2 other ones I forgot for like $65. If I bought that game, would I be able to update my game from a website or do I need to buy the game online itself?

Hello
    If you buy the Sims 4 game legally from a PC games store, you will be able to update your game through Origin. You don't need to buy the game digitally through Origin or an online games store.
    You will be able to set up your own origin account, and update your game through your account.
    Remove any illegal copies of Sims 4 or packs from your computer.