The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Reading Roundabout

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Think I am caught up with everyone now ... very cute story @cuddles5427 .. those folks do get around LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Howdy all! :)

I'm still live and kicking, just terribly busy this week. We were out of town from yesterday till tonight and we are off again tomorrow and will return Saturday night. I'm so tired I was tempted to conk out right there on the floor like some of my Sims are apt to do. LOL.

I'll try to get in some reading at the hotel tomorrow night. I might be late on the discussion this weekend since we'll be pretty tied up both Saturday and Sundwy. I'll do my best though but I just wanted you all to know since I've been so scarce the last couple days and things are still pretty hectic.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Hello, wonderful!

Great to hear we're all busy reading or otherwise ;) I wouldn't want any of us to get bored hehe

If there are any questions on chapter 1-10 on Mezilkree over the weekend, I'll answer them in the evenings as I will be helping mom out with the final move over to the new home this weekend. After that, there is still much to do but with a lot less pressure :smiley: I will be out one night for a sleep-over but should be able to check up in here nonetheless. Happy simmin'!
    Hi hi, back and yay, my mom finally made her way to her new home safely :smile: so happy since she doesn't have to haul her groceries up two stairs before she reaches her front door anymore. I thought there might be some questions or discussion waiting for me here. But since no(t yet), I'm continuing my (interlude) chapters and shaping some more storyline for gen. 2 hehe

Have a great Sunday!
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I'm lagging behind because I had to work yesterday and have just been plagued with really bad migraines all week. It's on the ever-growing to-do list!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • cuddles5427cuddles5427 Posts: 101 Member
    @Twiggy Are the names you chose for characters traditional in the Netherlands? If not, how were you able to think of such creative names?

What made you choose to do this type of legacy over others?
    SiggyForSimsNow_zpsk1i15rwv.png
    edited July 2016
    I am so sorry @Twiggy .. I will go find some questions :) I do not know how this works :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited July 2016
    Happy time zones and an awesome week, y'all! Another Monday is making its way into my everyday life here haha

You know how I feel, @mastressalita Don't worry about it. <3 Work responsibilities and especially your well-being trumps your time here for me any day.

@cuddles5427 Are the names you chose for characters traditional in the Netherlands? If not, how were you able to think of such creative names? Thank you, I've indeed tried to be somewhat creative with the names at the start of this story :) The names chosen are not traditional Dutch names.

The family name, Mezilkree, is a total figment of my imagination inspired by a children's TV show. I wanted to start out with a guy with a character like Catweazle. "Who is that?" you might well ask yourself. Catweazle is the star and name of a seventies TV comedy show from the UK. The series tell the story of the 11th century, eccentric, incapable, reeking but mostly endearing wizard Catweazle that accidentally travels to the future when escaping some soldiers. I've seen that series as a kid and always remembered the name. Since my story is also a little fantasy based with a tad of humor and a similar protagonist, I went looking for a name that gives a similar vibe. How I got to Mezilkree, you know how it goes with inspiration, tic, tac, boom, poof! :grin:
    The Umbrage family name was a dead giveaway. The manor I built Equinus, is placed on the lot where Umbrage Manor (default Maxis lot) was situated in Willow Creek. I thought Umbrage matched well with Mezilkree.

The forename of the founder comes from Equinox which I chose for it's, to me, mystical significance. His mother got her name as a nice match with Umbrage and the male forenames in the prolog are mostly based on names inspired by an online troll name generator. Then there is Viela who started out as a sim I made to accompany an entry for a build competition; 4sims4 by @pammiechick here on the forum (currently on hiatus). Viela and his home have given a little bit of a spoiler when reading their descriptions in my catalog, though the lot and sim were made before Viela and his home found his way into the story so not totally hehe

What made you choose to do this type of legacy over others? I had been totally oblivious to all the challenges and SimLit when playing previous versions of the Sims. Plum, I know, right?! :smiley: At the time I did, I started reading female prettacies and I really fell in love with the unique sims and the genetics through time. At that point, I knew of pammiechick's rules since I entered a competition also for the design of her Harry Horrid home. I made that home with a modern time troll in mind and made Eeq accompanying it for the competition but then Eeq's story kinda started growing in my head. So when I had all those ingredients and wanted to start an old hobby again (writing) I thought it would be appropriate to start a fairly new challenge with not too many restrictions or scoring that I had already made some content for.

If anyone has any thoughts or questions on their mind they would like to share, feel free either here or in a PM. I'll answer those before the new roundabout coming weekend... In the 'Coffee Hour' weekends we have our weekly roundabout. Following the schedule in the first comment on this topic, we have the opportunity to have a more focused discussion on the stories, @lisabee2 Then you can ask questions, place comments, share pointers/advice or otherwise wondrous things on your mind after reading the enlisted story's chapters.

~hugs~
    edited July 2016
    Hey, again :)

Monstrous Mezilkree Interlude 1.1 - Agnes breaks loose

There's an interlude chapter out while working towards generation 2 and its heir ;) Since this is my first ever endeavor into the world of legacies and simlit I find now that this is a very exhilarating and crucial moment in the story's development. It can go all sorts of ways; have been thinking of possible ways to mold the story already though I do feel I'm facing a small dilemma too. That will have to wait for another day though since it's bedtime here now. So without further ado...
    @Twiggy My one big question as I read this was "Did you ever get tempted just to let E be happy with Jade and Agnes?

Why do you think he chose such a proposal from his Uncle as this is .. what was his motivation?
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    @Twiggy My one big question as I read this was "Did you ever get tempted just to let E be happy with Jade and Agnes?
    Haha, good question @lisabee2 ... and did I ever! I would have loved to see these two together happily married and all. It's just that the story, the rules, and the game directed me otherwise. Their traits and aspirations made me think twice first of all. Jade wouldn't be cool with living a mediocre life without the Mezilkree Manor, where a legacy had to be built from scratch. Her ambitious trait and her Mansion Baron LTA got the best of her there, I suppose. And then there is Equinus' non-commital trait and his serial romantic LTA. This combination paired with his childish nature made that he didn't care too much for not getting Jade in the end. Marrying Jade and saying goodbye to his wealth would have also meant saying goodbye to his LTA. His childish trait prevented this even when, in his right mind, he knew he couldn't anymore. They both wanted more and knew they wouldn't be able to get it all. The ever present red romance bar between the two has been telling enough also to make the story flow this way ;)
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Why do you think he chose such a proposal from his Uncle as this is .. what was his motivation?
    Mostly ignorance and a (maybe false) sense of commitment, or belonging if you will. With his children hating and abusing grandma, his snobby grandpa and a dad that left him in the woods, green trolls never helped Eeq much, he knew that much. Idolizing both his late mother and uncle in his romantic nature it was easy for him to follow Viela out of the forest and into the 'civilized' world. He only really understood all the consequences later in time. By that time it was hard for him to turn his back because of the love he felt for Jade and their daughter, Agnes.
    <3 Awesome answers @twiggy !! TY for taking the time to answer!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @Twiggy - Since I've been super busy with RL and having to be out of town, I'm late in getting in on things. I had to rack my brain for a question but think (hopefully) that I have a good one.

It looks like you'll soon be ready for gen 2. Do you think you'll have a hard time moving on to the next generation? I ask because sometimes I find it very difficult. It about broke my heart when I got done with Lenora's gen and had to move on in my story "Forever in Time." Do you get super attached to your characters? If so, do you get so attached that it's difficult to make the transition to the next heir?
    edited July 2016
    @Twiggy - Since I've been super busy with RL and having to be out of town, I'm late in getting in on things. I had to rack my brain for a question but think (hopefully) that I have a good one.

It looks like you'll soon be ready for gen 2. Do you think you'll have a hard time moving on to the next generation? I ask because sometimes I find it very difficult. It about broke my heart when I got done with Lenora's gen and had to move on in my story "Forever in Time." Do you get super attached to your characters? If so, do you get so attached that it's difficult to make the transition to the next heir?

From your earlier comment, I've understood you would be very busy so it sure is all good @sweetnightingale I hope you're having a good time even tho it's a busy time. It's great to hear from you now and with such awesome questions!

I have absolutely no previous experience with this. When playing in previous versions I always ended up building entire neighborhoods more often than I was actually busy with gameplay. I never had a sim that I played for so long that they've died of old age. Plum, right?! :smirk: I've recently found myself hesitating to start my Mezilkree save when I knew Eeq only had days to live. I dreaded the moment he would fall. I've started to love the old green dude and didn't have a clear view on the next generation yet since all his boys were still children at the time he passed away. Besides, I then told myself, I was busy with RL stuff too and didn't have as much time to sit and write.
    Funny thing, though, helping my mom move to her new home and seeing her and my kids together more often because of it, made me think about moving on to the second generation. I mean, if I want to continue the story, which I do, I need to play the story. This belief triggered all sorts of new ideas and plots and now I find myself plotting almost two generations ahead already. I can't wait to move on now. I hope to grow as attached to the heir as I've felt the founding generation has found its way to my heart.
    My migraines have been atrocious in the hot July weather we are having, so I've been really behind in reading and writing (and have also eaten up all my sick leave at work and just been trying to get by working through the pain). So I'm sorry for being so behind.

I actually read Monstrous Mezilkree when I did my Reading Roundup Edition #2: Prettacies! last January. At that time, the story was just getting started and only had six chapters out, so I've just been keeping up on it since then, so it's the only one of the circle I'm "caught up on", though I did really want to go back and re-read Prologue - Ch. 10 for the roundabout reading week (hopefully I still can if my head ever lets up). I remember when I first started this I really loved the world-building -- the fantastical spin on things really drew me in, and I found it such a clever way to incorperate in the male prettacy challenge rules. So I guess my question for @Twiggy is what was your process of world-building, with the different colored trolls and their particular traits, etc? Did you immediately have an idea for the world you wanted to build, or did you get inspiration from anything in particular? I find this all quite interesting, as I'm in the (slow) process of world-building for a (loosely-based) Amazon Challenge story, myself.
    I've recently found myself hesitating to start my Mezilkree save when I knew Eeq only had days to live. I dreaded the moment he would fall.

I can relate to this sooooooooo much. Rose could pass away at any minute in my Cat Chronicles save and it kills me. I actually went into that save the other day just to get screencaps for something I'm working on, not to "really play", and she passed in that (which was quite annoying as then I had to restart that save to get the caps I needed). I still have plans! *David Tennant wibble* I don't want her to go! It pains me to know the next time I "play for realsies" she can really die at any time. But then, I've known that for a long time. Her bar has been filled for quite some time now so any day could be "the day." I'm so attached to that old cat lady. T_T
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    My migraines have been atrocious in the hot July weather we are having, so I've been really behind in reading and writing (and have also eaten up all my sick leave at work and just been trying to get by working through the pain). So I'm sorry for being so behind.

I actually read Monstrous Mezilkree when I did my Reading Roundup Edition #2: Prettacies! last January. At that time, the story was just getting started and only had six chapters out, so I've just been keeping up on it since then, so it's the only one of the circle I'm "caught up on", though I did really want to go back and re-read Prologue - Ch. 10 for the roundabout reading week (hopefully I still can if my head ever lets up). I remember when I first started this I really loved the world-building -- the fantastical spin on things really drew me in, and I found it such a clever way to incorperate in the male prettacy challenge rules. So I guess my question for @Twiggy is what was your process of world-building, with the different colored trolls and their particular traits, etc? Did you immediately have an idea for the world you wanted to build, or did you get inspiration from anything in particular? I find this all quite interesting, as I'm in the (slow) process of world-building for a (loosely-based) Amazon Challenge story, myself.
    I've recently found myself hesitating to start my Mezilkree save when I knew Eeq only had days to live. I dreaded the moment he would fall.

I can relate to this sooooooooo much. Rose could pass away at any minute in my Cat Chronicles save and it kills me. I actually went into that save the other day just to get screencaps for something I'm working on, not to "really play", and she passed in that (which was quite annoying as then I had to restart that save to get the caps I needed). I still have plans! *David Tennant wibble* I don't want her to go! It pains me to know the next time I "play for realsies" she can really die at any time. But then, I've known that for a long time. Her bar has been filled for quite some time now so any day could be "the day." I'm so attached to that old cat lady. T_T

So sorry to hear that. How awful you must feel :( For whatever it is worth I wish/send you soothing thoughts and cooling vibes <3

Oh, I really had to dig to find out how the idea for the story first came to be. It was kinda fluid, one thing bumping into the other until it rolled itself into a big ball of yarn and I was the kitty running after it :wink: It all started when I entered @pammiechick 4Sims4 building competition on the forum for a home accompanied by a sim troll for her Harry Horrid story. I made what is now the Mezilkree Manor and Equinus Mezilkree. Although the home didn't turn out to be what pammie was looking for, I really, really started liking it and had been playtesting it for the competition with that CAS made troll.

The love immediately started when playtesting lol His deep, low voice, in the distance, made me think of Disney's Goofy. His sluggish walk and being distracted by the dollhouse and toy dragons around the house whenever I wanted him to playtest something else, made me giggle. When playtesting, I couldn't get myself to turn his free will off. I wanted to follow him around. Then after reading pammie's male prettacy rules things really got going. I reckoned it would be a fairly easy challenge, to begin with as a very first one being the noob I am hehe I found myself thinking about what his world would look like. I started thinking bout the names and how I would 'sell' the rules to this prettacy. He is too endearing to be the nasty kind of troll. But there are also fairy tales where trolls are not mean and smelly rock dwellers but are just ugly and somewhat funny beings. I thought it would be fun to put those traits into my own fantastical little story and incorporate this in the story as the reason to propagate with as many women possible (to thin the green troll bloodline). More of this storyline will present itself in future generations.

And btw: about saying goodbye. I finally just told myself to play until he did pass away. That really helped. I found the ever present truth: where one door closes another always opens... :smile:
    @Twiggy - Such awesome answers! :) I guess when you need to move on, you just have to grin and bear it and play until they die. Then, you go on because the story has to continue. What helped me when I had to transition from Lenora and Aurora in "Forever in Time" was that I was already planning her gen and what would happen in her story. Another thing for that story is that my gens are going to be immortals (Age Freeze and death flowers in their inventories). Knowing they won't die helps and past heirs will appear in the story from time to time.

With "As Tears Go By" for this circle, it's going to be a bit harder for me because I'm not planning to have Debbie be immortal. We haven't yet dived into Supernaturals here (we will, I'm sure though at some point) so immortality for a human who doesn't experience magic wouldn't really make sense (unless I found a good reason why something like that would happen). It's going to be hard to lose her when she finally does die because I'm always sad when a Sim I'm attached to passes. :(

I hope you all have a wonderful day. :)
    @Twiggy : Finally managed to re-read Ch. 1-10 of Monstrous Mezilkree today (albeit a week late). I noticed throughout this set of chapters how much the Mezilkree Mansion is revealed little by little, and I know this was the build that inspired you to write this story. Not being a builder myself (I can't even create working staircases I'm so fail) I'm quite curious what your creative process is for building, and how much the building process effects your writing process or your writing process effects your building process.

I'm now onto @lisabee2 's Insane Asylum Challenge, which now has a table of contents page. If I don't have the time tomorrow, then Sunday I'll try to make sure to drop in for that discussion.

On the week of August 1-7, I propose that it is changed to "If It Doesn't Kill Us It Makes Us Stronger" Ch. 1-10 (rather than 1-9) and then a second week of this story be added in at Week 11 (just sliding everything else down one) for Ch. 11-20. @cuddles5427 has been putting out new chapters at a pretty quick pace. ^_^

I'm praying I won't get hit with a migraine tomorrow so I can try to get some writing done (!) I finally have some Cat Chronicles screencaps to work with, and also plan to do a Cat Chronicles side story for the Short Story Challenge this month, in the "for fun" category.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Having an awesome weekend here. Spend the afternoon at mom's yesterday to fix some things and had dinner with the family.

@sweetnightingale Thank you! I haven't had the time to read through your chapters yet but I'm positive more free time is coming my way in the next few weeks. Am looking forward to that :)

Today I took the time to look at the Insane Asylum Challenge again @lisabee2 First of all Yay, for the table of contents. I always like to be spoiled with those. ;) Second, there are a few things I'm curious about:

The twist sounds fun but I've been wondering if this makes it harder or not. On the one hand, you have control over all 8 sims instead of one but on the other hand, you're micromanaging 8 sims at the same time to get them all to achieve their LTA. How would you divide attention between the sims to have them spend an equal amount of time working towards that LTA? What are your experiences there?
    Where did you find these amazingly unique sims? Did the idea to do a sequel starring the winner sprout when you started this challenge or was that after Snow white had won?

@mastressalita It's been less hot here the last two days. I hope you can say the same and can feel a bit less strained. Btw, such wonderful comments I read this morning when opening my WP. Thank you! :blush: and looking forward to more cat shenanigans ;)

My building process varies, I guess? Sometimes I might have a one-sided picture of a building and try to recreate that and work from there or it is a theme I would like to incorporate. In the Manor I wanted to do a northern European theme with lots of woods and stones and a huge basement. The roofing of the home also refers to these nordic cultures. When building the internet is always my friend when in need for some inspiration. That is a lot harder when it comes to writing. I don't believe the two (building and writing) have an effect on each other. I use Gallery lots just as easily as I do premade lots as lots I've built myself in my stories.

Great idea to change things around and slide things over! I wasn't aware, oh great one ;)<3 I'll change this in the overview of our weekly readings in the second post!
    Hello, hello, my lovely circle buddies, :)

Got an update for "As Tears Go By." I'm rather proud of myself. Two updates (one for "Forever in Time" and this one) published in less than 24 hours and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Debbie%2BCrying%2Bon%2BTerrill%2527s%2BShoulder.jpg]Chapter 10, Unburdening My Soul
    I have a "for fun" entry this month for the Short Story Challenges thread, and it's a Cat Chronicles side story that features Rose Hatcher accepting the Edgar Evans Award. She was nominated by Charlie Rocca Cups from @CathyTea 's Wonder.

Edgar Evans Award
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    So I read @lisabee2 's Insane Asylum Challenge (I'm caught up on the reading to this point? What mad sorcery is this?) It was a really great light humorous read, that was really made (in my opinion) by the ragtag assortment of characters. There were several I was particularly fond of and I really enjoyed their antics.

I've actually always wanted to play an Asylum Challenge (I think I first got the bug under my skin to do so after TheEnglishSimmer had her LP series and I thought it looked really fun). I thought it would be kinda hilarious to throw Cora, the insane murderous romantic from my Yandere Diaries in there, even (AU much?) It had never occured to me to ever do it outside the typical style of controlling a single Sim. I found that really interesting! Now I'm a bit torn, if I ever do have the time (ha, who am I kidding?) to give it a try. On the one hand, I find the competition aspect intriguing and think that would give the story a lot of appeal to readers the way interactive gameshow stories do (who is it gunna be?) On the other, I always liked the frantic ISBI-ness of the original, having seven crazy Sims you can't do a think about and just observing the strange things they get up to (and, of course, seeing if they potentially burn the house down). Perhaps to get the best of both worlds, I'd only control one Sim per day. I do wonder about the "fairness" of aspirations though. Seems to me some would be a lot easier to complete than others... (*is putting way too much thought into this for a story she doesn't even have time for at the moment!*)

I'm curious @lisabee2 , did you have a favorite character in the Asylum? Did you always plan to do a sequel story regardless of the winner? How do you think possible sequels might have turned out, if someone other than Snow had been victorious? Did you have any ideas in your head for that outcome?

Also, you make reference a few times to a bachelor challenge that Alexa took part in. Do you have any information about this BC? Is it online somewhere? Call me curious... (I also love BCs, heh).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Oh yes, curious about your answers to both my and the mastress' questions @lisabee2 :) answer in your own time naturally. I've already noticed that the Coffee Hours are expanding a little lol and if nobody has a problem with that happening it's all good.

And on a different note, I've finished the very last chapter of generation one on the Mezilkree's. Woot!

Monstrous Mezilkree Interlude 1.2 - Growing gen. 2
    edited July 2016
    Twiggy wrote: »
    Having an awesome weekend here. Spend the afternoon at mom's yesterday to fix some things and had dinner with the family.

@sweetnightingale Thank you! I haven't had the time to read through your chapters yet but I'm positive more free time is coming my way in the next few weeks. Am looking forward to that :)

Today I took the time to look at the Insane Asylum Challenge again @lisabee2 First of all Yay, for the table of contents. I always like to be spoiled with those. ;) Second, there are a few things I'm curious about:

The twist sounds fun but I've been wondering if this makes it harder or not. On the one hand, you have control over all 8 sims instead of one but on the other hand, you're micromanaging 8 sims at the same time to get them all to achieve their LTA. How would you divide attention between the sims to have them spend an equal amount of time working towards that LTA? What are your experiences there?
    Where did you find these amazingly unique sims? Did the idea to do a sequel starring the winner sprout when you started this challenge or was that after Snow white had won?

@mastressalita It's been less hot here the last two days. I hope you can say the same and can feel a bit less strained. Btw, such wonderful comments I read this morning when opening my WP. Thank you! :blush: and looking forward to more cat shenanigans ;)

My building process varies, I guess? Sometimes I might have a one-sided picture of a building and try to recreate that and work from there or it is a theme I would like to incorporate. In the Manor I wanted to do a northern European theme with lots of woods and stones and a huge basement. The roofing of the home also refers to these nordic cultures. When building the internet is always my friend when in need for some inspiration. That is a lot harder when it comes to writing. I don't believe the two (building and writing) have an effect on each other. I use Gallery lots just as easily as I do premade lots as lots I've built myself in my stories.

Great idea to change things around and slide things over! I wasn't aware, oh great one ;)<3 I'll change this in the overview of our weekly readings in the second post!

@Twiggy .. it did make it harder. I was following the original rules but after you have played sims so long (and I have done many challenges) i was getting thru it too fast for a story LOL So I cleared the state and started over .. the challenge was insuring each got a fair crack at it and equal attention. Abe prob had the hardest time .. part of his LTR required an outside job (which I only give them when the requirement came up). He was always tired and never went to bed augh! He was a great cook but his job performance held him way back. Sol had the same issue but was so good at mischief (apparently insane helps with that). Most are my creations .. two of the ladies were recycled FAVS form my bachelor challenge .. they were so cray cray in that one that it was a natural fit. BUT you prob already knew that from the story where it is clear the Bachelor Challenge is what drove them to the Asylum LOL. ... Santa was mine (but i do admit some inspiration by a great one in the gallery) Abe was the wonderful work of Simgurujill and FAB Frogger was a slightly adjusted sim from the gallery.

I had no intention of doing a sequel .. it just happened .. this from my intro "This was the story that was NOT supposed to be. I only meant to kill a bit of time between challenges … but SOMEHOW the story sprang up and my beautiful Snow found her way into the hearts of simmer friends!" AND I tried to END it but it did not go over well at all (I am about as obscure in the forum as one can get but I do have a small vocal following on FB .. people were upset with me so with the magic of the Sims wala ... Redux was born).

My question for you who did you like and what can I do to improve my simlit skills?

Thank you for reading .. I appreciate your time .. I fully understand busy life and know carving out time is a challenge :)
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    So I read @lisabee2 's Insane Asylum Challenge (I'm caught up on the reading to this point? What mad sorcery is this?) It was a really great light humorous read, that was really made (in my opinion) by the ragtag assortment of characters. There were several I was particularly fond of and I really enjoyed their antics.

I've actually always wanted to play an Asylum Challenge (I think I first got the bug under my skin to do so after TheEnglishSimmer had her LP series and I thought it looked really fun). I thought it would be kinda hilarious to throw Cora, the insane murderous romantic from my Yandere Diaries in there, even (AU much?) It had never occurred to me to ever do it outside the typical style of controlling a single Sim. I found that really interesting! Now I'm a bit torn, if I ever do have the time (ha, who am I kidding?) to give it a try. On the one hand, I find the competition aspect intriguing and think that would give the story a lot of appeal to readers the way interactive gameshow stories do (who is it gunna be?) On the other, I always liked the frantic ISBI-ness of the original, having seven crazy Sims you can't do a think about and just observing the strange things they get up to (and, of course, seeing if they potentially burn the house down). Perhaps to get the best of both worlds, I'd only control one Sim per day. I do wonder about the "fairness" of aspirations though. Seems to me some would be a lot easier to complete than others... (*is putting way too much thought into this for a story she doesn't even have time for at the moment!*)

I'm curious @lisabee2 , did you have a favorite character in the Asylum? Did you always plan to do a sequel story regardless of the winner? How do you think possible sequels might have turned out, if someone other than Snow had been victorious? Did you have any ideas in your head for that outcome?

Also, you make reference a few times to a bachelor challenge that Alexa took part in. Do you have any information about this BC? Is it online somewhere? Call me curious... (I also love BCs, heh).

@mastressalita LOL I LOVE that you call them RagTag .. they are just that!!

YES interactive Game show was exactly that! It was so much fun to see at the end of play how much (or how little lol) they had accomplished! It took some calculating to ensure fairness .. that is why I could not do just one sim. I would just call the other person off the computer and get on it .. or wake them up and take the bed .. shoo them from the bathroom and go ... LOL I would cook for only myself .. was too easy and not fair LOL AND "controlling" them did not prevent craziness! I was always losing a few of them somewhere LOL as the saying goes a bit like "herding dust bunnies" :)

NOW why bust me out on something I have never admitted publicly! LOL Sol was my original challenge sim and as she slid farther and farther back I was sad .. I have to confess a tiny bit of partiality to her and to my sweet Abe. Ironically BOTH of my "favs" were at or near the bottom. He and Alexa had pink for each other but it is very sad that they never got to be married :) I had played Santa and his family before so I was quite attached to him (and I honestly thought he was the winner). Poor old Snow and Giovanni were barely on my radar LOL

I never thought of a sequel ... I did plan a sequel to my bachelor challenge and to my tiny living (even had them planned out) ... they never came about!

LOL I had already set up Santa with a family (and extended family) and was going to happily send him back to his loving wife and beautiful daughter.

My BC is from the ancient of days (4 challenges and 2 stories ago) .. no sign of it online anymore :) But you never know what lies in the future .. Rose White does need a prince .. I mean for the good of the kingdom and all ... (somehow I have to use the continuation of this story but get my challenges in too)

I kind of know who you liked best from our WP banter ... but I would ask you the same question, who did you like best and what can I do to improve?

TY so much for reading .. sharing stories between writers is such a joy! It is like we share small parts of ourselves that no one can really see and it is never so much fun as when someone engages return .. brings feelings of validation :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger