Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Chrysanthemum Tango - a new fantasy adventure

RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
Meep! Hi! It's me. You may remember me from The Fey of Life. I've been working on another story, and now I've finally polished the first chapter and the general storyline and ideas and the page enough so that I can put a link to it here. This doesn't mean that I'm giving up on The Fey of Life. In fact, I'm already working on the next chapter of that story as well. This is something that lets me occasionally do something different-ish and to help my own mind by purging this idea into story form.

Anyway, without further stalling, here's what this is about:

bannercd.jpg?w=676

Amelia Sprigg decides to become a landlady to solve her money problems and to hopefully make new friends. It’s a simple plan, really, but nothing is simple when she unwittingly accepts a rather eccentric young man named Tad Dustpine as her tenant. After that it’s only a matter of time before Amelia’s life is filled with magic, potential danger, and ontological questions.

But maybe it’s not so bad. She does at least make new, very extraordinary friends and realise that she too is rather extraordinary in her own way.

The story can be found HERE. The first chapter is already out!

Also, HERE is an introductory post that talks about the story some more.

I hope you enjoy it, and I'd love to hear feedback even now when only the first chapter that basically sets the scene and introduces two of the main characters is out. The story is going to pick up in the next chapter already, so have patience!

Also, have a very good day, everyone!
doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
My Sims stories:
The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
Post edited by RipuAncestor on

Comments

• RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2016
    Well, I got a bit sick, so that means I have nothing else to do than read and write and try to keep too many spelling errors from slipping by my tired eyes. The second chapter of The Chrysanthemum Tango is out! Wow, I'm already kind of regretting choosing that name for the story. "Chrysanthemum" is one of those words that somehow really mess with my writing instincts. It happens with long, kind of letter-heavy(?) words that are kind of similar in Finnish, but with the Finnish version being much less complicated and easier to spell (the Finnish word for "chrysanthemum" is "krysanteemi") - though to be fair, most words in Finnish are waaaaaaay longer than in English so it totally balances out and beyond. Anyway, the next chapter is here, and things are about to get going!

Lth6RB6.jpg

Chapter 2: A Day of Friendship, a Night of Death
    Amelia and Tad strike up a promising friendship. However, things are not always sunshine and rainbows. In fact, the universe would much rather mess with Amelia quite thoroughly. In other words: Tad’s biggest secret is revealed, and the results might not be pretty.

I hope you enjoy!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    edited May 2016
    Yay, I managed to get this done even though I'm super busy at the moment! The third chapter to the Chrysanthemum Tango!

THIS CHAPTER NO LONGER EXISTS IN THIS FORM! CHECK THE POST BELOW!
    My Sims stories:
    edited May 2016
    So I went on a crazy writing and screenshotting spree for The Chrysanthemum Tango... and realised I want to rearrange some of the events so I have to mess around with the already existing chapters. Ugh!

Well, I'm happier with the story now, and as a bonus I've been working on it so much that I can publish several chapters at shorter intervals! Yay!

Well then, here's the new Chapter 3 to Tango. The first half is pretty much unchanged, but the end is different. Sorry about this mess!
    i78kV26.jpg
    There are many defence mechanisms, and Amelia has found hers. That's also why she isn't that shocked when she ends up investigating a theft at the occult side of Riverview. Or is she?

Hope you enjoy, and have a lovely time people! I'll really try not to do this kind of rearranging again.
    My Sims stories:
    Hi! Here's the next chapter! I told you I could get it done fast after I got carried away with the writing yesterday!

Chapter 4: The Ley Line Nexus
    screenshot-386.jpg?w=676

Amelia and Tad's investigation leads to Riverview's very own supernatural commune. Amelia realises that she isn't quite as okay as she has thought.

Thank you all who have had even a passing interest to this story, and have a great time!
    My Sims stories:
    edited March 2016
    Holy science I got that old chapter 3 edited into the new chapter 5! So yes, the next chapter of The Chrysanthemum Tango is out again! Now don't get used to me updating every day, though. This was a special case because I really spent all Saturday working on this story like crazy and now I need to actually go back to writing and screenshotting before I can get more out.

Anyway, here it is:
    Chapter 5: Stoves, Funerals, and Anthills
    screenshot-434.jpg?w=676

“Like I said, I guide them. Life kills people, and I take over from there for a while. I help them until they can find their way forward.”
    “And you do this for everyone?” Amelia asked.
    “For everyone and everything that lives in some way, yes.”
    Amelia bit her lip. The next question got through despite that:
    “What’s it like?”
    “Now that… It’s hard to explain.”
    “Could you still try?”

Have a nice day/night/other time everyone!
    My Sims stories:
    Hey people, here's a new chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango

Soul-searching and uncertainty arise, but there is still always time for beauty.
    screenshot-469.jpg?w=676
    Chapter 6: Questions

Take care, everyone!
    My Sims stories:
    edited May 2016
    Aaaaand the next chapter is out!

Chapter 7: How to Grow Money on Trees
    rZktF4H.jpg

Although not one to waste money, Amelia has never liked worrying about it, and she’s sure she will manage. But broken appliances and the realisation of just how her new tenant pays the rent might cause her to rethink that.
    ...or not, because this is still Amelia we're talking about.
    My Sims stories:
    Hello, lovely people! I have the next chapter to this out again! Yay!

Chapter 8: Chasing the Messenger
    screenshot-698.jpg?w=676

It’s time to start following the breadcrumbs – or mind trails of people – to discover the culprit to one of the most idiotic heists ever pulled.

"Why do they always run...?"

I hope you like it!
    My Sims stories:
    edited May 2016
    Woohoo, I got this really tricky chapter done just in time for book club week! It was tons of fun to shoot and I like how it turned out. I hope you guys like it too:

Chapter 9: Sanguine
    ymI4Ubn.jpg

It is time to try and catch up with the thief. That means new wondrous sights and new dilemmas to solve. Amelia begins to wonder yet again what she has got herself into.

Have a nice day/night/other time of day!
    My Sims stories:
    Hi! Here's a new chapter for The Chrysanthemum Tango! I hope you enjoy!

IGSiSGH.jpg

Chapter 10: Clear Waters

A moment of calm after the events of Bridgeport is more than welcome for Amelia. As is a friendly ear and some more explanations about just what is going on around her.
    My Sims stories:
    Hello again! Whew, this was pretty fast again! I guess I should focus on finishing my school year now... maybe. Anyway, enjoy the next chapter:

i3dhIqE.jpg
    Chapter 11: Of Attachments, Fate, and Loneliness

After yet another humanity lesson, Amelia is feeling better. But now Tad seems to be worried about something. Perhaps the mysterious woman showing up in his garden has something to do with it...

I hope you like it! And have a lovely day!
    My Sims stories:
    Hello lovely people! Here's the newest chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 12: Emily
    6YstHgD.jpg

Tad rescues someone for the first time, at least according to his own words. And rescues mean bonds to new people. It’s more than enough to make an unprepared being feel a bit tangled.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories:
    Hi! Here's the newest chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango.

Chapter 13: Garden Retreat
    CtwGYeE.jpg

It’s not just Amelia who sometimes needs a break to think about things. This time it’s Tad’s turn. But perhaps his approach to it isn’t the best. At least it makes Amelia very worried.

I hope you enjoy!
    My Sims stories:
    edited June 2016
    Good day/evening/night/morning everyone! Here's the newest chapter to my story:

Chapter 14: Full Moon
    rRdtq7F.jpg
    As Tad continues his meditation, Amelia wanders into a rather dangerous situation. But frightening situations are at least good for discovering something new about oneself.

I hope you have a good time!
    My Sims stories:
    Happy Midsummer! Here's a chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 15: Light Side, Grey Side
    3x8l31t.jpg

Things are going smoothly in Riverview. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t going downhill elsehwere.

A.k.a This is like two mini chapters mashed up into one. Yay for confused tones! :dizzy:
    My Sims stories:
    Hello! Here's the newest chapter:

Chapter 16: Dead Ends and New Leads
    T1LZMe9.jpg
    When one door closes, another can of worms is opened. That's how the saying goes, right?

Have a lovely time, everyone!
    My Sims stories:
    Hello! Here's the newest chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 17: The Necromancer
    YKI2a1T.jpg

It's time for a meeting with a retired necromancer in a creepy swamp. It goes about as well as one would expect.

I hope you enjoy and have a nice time!
    My Sims stories:
  • DesiKnight07DesiKnight07 Posts: 572 Member
    I'm only on chapter 1, but I love it so far. I left the rest of my comment on Wordpress. :)
    85k4x.gif

• DesiKnight07DesiKnight07 Posts: 572 Member
    Also I love your artwork. <3
    85k4x.gif

@DesiKnight07 Thank you so much! :blush:
    My Sims stories:
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @RipuAncestor : This story has received a shoutout on the Monthly Shoutout thread and will be featured at the Stories and Legacies Index in the Monthly Shoutouts section during the month of August! Congrats!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    edited July 2016
    Hello! Apparently I got shout-outed! That's amazing! :blush: Also here's the newest chapter:

Chapter 18: Returns
    JqEQ8RO.jpg

Tad, Amelia, and Novak return home with new leads and new questions. But they aren’t the only ones who are coming back home.
    My Sims stories:
    Wow, I've been contemplating all day if I should publish this, but I finally decided that okay, I can do it. It's a short story set in the Chrysanthemum Tango -world, and it's basically just about Tad Dustpine and his thought process behind some stuff. It's illustrated by me because I felt like it.

If you feel like checking it out, then here it is:

Identity
    3iWKgLc.jpg

"Sometimes he wished he was still just it, for the lack of a better term, because back then terms didn’t exist. Sometimes he wished he could go back to watching matter and antimatter chase each other in the violently forming universe."

So yeaah... um, I hope you enjoy. I'm kinda nervous... well, I guess I'll try to get some sleep now. Bye!
    My Sims stories:
    I had this intense burst of inspiration, so I've been writing too much. Or just a lot. I don't know. I hope it's not a quantity-over-quality thing. Anyway, here's the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango:

Chapter 19: Threads
    zLz9Hd9.jpg

What is Amelia's mother doing back in Riverview? Will the gemstone ever be found? What is Fate up to? What is the diameter of the universe? Most of these questions will be answered here.

I so need to go to sleep now. Have a great time everyone!
    My Sims stories:
    Heeeeyyy again! Like I said, I've been writing too much. So that's why here's yet another chapter for The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 20: Wishes and Waves
    00q6Ove.jpg

Shots are fired. Birthdays are discussed. Gifts are planned. And the ripples in the universe start to form waves.

I could smartly take advantage on the chapter buffer and just post at a more leisurely pace... but I'm too much of an "unfinished tasks bother me" -kind of person.
    My Sims stories: