Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MadamButterfly Left! :(

2...Next

Comments

• jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    @egwarhammer I made the flag using paint and just copied and pasted it into my avatar picture :)
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • RedMallieRedMallie Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you very much for updating some of MB's mod, Catalina!!! It's highly appreciated that you also decided to share them!!!! <3
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    RedMallie wrote: »
    Thank you very much for updating some of MB's mod, Catalina!!! It's highly appreciated that you also decided to share them!!!! <3

Just have to toss out an "I agree!" here. :)
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    I forgot to mention that for other mod of MB, coolspear1 has two thread where he added some of no auto and some of faster mods
    -here some of no auto mods: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=571552
    -here some of faster mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=568664

All coolspear1 mods are compatible with 1.21.37 patch
    Words are soul's image
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    Thank you so much catalina! You are quite simply the cat's pajamas <3
    WznfzGr.gif
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    what about the stuff breaks less easily mod by MB? Is that still compatible with the latest patch?
    Thank you for all this too! :)
    wickedjr89 wrote: »
    what about the stuff breaks less easily mod by MB? Is that still compatible with the latest patch?
    Thank you for all this too! :)

Yes, for the moment is still working...
    Words are soul's image
  • DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    edited July 2016
    I saw elsewhere that DINE OUT ties the eating/drinking speed to the restaurant AI. So, I read that the 'faster eating/drinking' mod makes dining at a restaurant very wonky. I do not have DINE OUT, but was going to get it... but, I'm hoping there will be some kind of update to fix that DINE OUT issue? Instead of somehow making the mod work at a restaurant, I was wondering if it'd be easier to make it "inactive" while at a restaurant. I know a lot of simmers were talking about it, but MB did not have DINE OUT and she left shortly after.
    Daleylife wrote: »
    I saw elsewhere that DINE OUT ties the eating/drinking speed to the restaurant AI. So, I read that the 'faster eating/drinking' mod makes dining at a restaurant very wonky. I do not have DINE OUT, but was going to get it... but, I'm hoping there will be some kind of update to fix that DINE OUT issue? Instead of somehow making the mod work at a restaurant, I was wondering if it'd be easier to make it "inactive" while at a restaurant. I know a lot of simmers were talking about it, but MB did not have DINE OUT and she left shortly after.

The existing version work fine with Dine out... more faster than that will interfere with restaurant eating time.
    I notice if there are more than 5 table for an waiter, and not enough podium for dirty dish (my game is in italian, I don't know the exactly name) has the same effect.
    Words are soul's image
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    @catalina_45 -- Thank you so much for taking the time to update these mods! I really appreciate that you're willing to put the time/effort into it and share them with us.

Also, your avatar pic is super-cute! It makes me think of my mom's cats, who tend to like to mess with the keyboard at her house every time you try to use the computer. :smile:
    Pay for product -- not potential!
    edited July 2016
    New update: an update of original mod MB Faster Showers with Inappropriate Feature here: https://goo.gl/gjp7yR

Please redownload and replace the old file (old version on my post 22 July). The new version is complete for 1.21.37 patch and even Backyard compatible but is not required.
    Words are soul's image
  • aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    @catalina_45 Is there any way you could upload these somewhere else - like Mod the Sims as someone mentioned over at Sims Asylum? I wouldn't have known about this thread if I hadn't seen it just now mentioned over there. And I really missed Faster Showers and More Focused Reading.

I never use the official forums, and I'm sure others like me would be really grateful if you could put them somewhere like Mod the Sims where people are much more likely to find them. I might mention that I also tried Google searching for them and they don't come up (like was also mentioned at Sims Asylum).

If you'd consider this, I would be super grateful. It's just a lot easier to keep track of whether or not a mod's compatible or not on a place like Mod the Sims.
  • DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    So... the faster eating mod does NOT wreck Dine Out? I had read that it does. I'm confused.
    edited July 2016
    @Daleylife the mod is to limit for timimg. The original mod has an add-on for more fast eating. The add-on interfere with Dine out.
    The mod I uploaded didn't include the add-on. It work fine with Dine out but the same effect have if you have more than 5 tables/waiter and only one podium for dirty dishes...

@aparkison I don't upload those mod because I'm not a good modder like MB and I'm afraid for the futures patch. The major changes on resources could make me unable to keep those mod updated... sorry, I do what I can do... Difficult to explain the lack of skill.
    (Example:For one of her mod one of the original resource was deleted by EA... I don't know which file replace the deleted file, so how to keep updated this kind of mod?)

I hope you understand my problem (and you can see that I don't speak English).

Edit: TFM posted into original thread of MB at Asylum link for those mod.

New update: original mod MB - Outdoor Retreat - Reduced Tent Obsession still working with patch 1.21.37 and Backyard.
    Download here: https://goo.gl/UYtE6l
    This is one of mod that I don't know if I will be able to update on the future (many files and many, many modifications). For the moment is OK.
    Post edited by catalina_45 on
    Words are soul's image
    I may be speaking out of turn here, but... if anybody is INTERESTED in taking over any of these mods @catalina_45 isn't sure about maintaining going forward... she might appreciate the offer.

Just a thought. Working together FTW.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    Unless the creator of the mods gave an indication some place that people are free to update and distribute their mods to others, I wouldn't be uploading those mods any where.

The creator is retired... and give permission to anyone who want to take care of them...

Some mods are more difficult to be updated then the others. I'm not a good moder like MB, so I'm not sure I can keep up to date the mod not uploaded anywhere else. I will see to next patch..

Anything you can do will be wonderful.

If you find some that give you trouble, you could do what she did, and offer them up for others to take on. No one will fault you for that.

Don't let it give you stress. Do what you can. It's more than I have to give. I appreciate that you're willing to even try. I just know I don't have modding in my bag of tricks. I'm glad you do. :)

Thank you for the encouragements.
    The biggest problem of mine is that I son't speak English so I can't understand all tutorials about modding (I use Reverso program to translate - I imagine how many mistakes appear in my texts :* )

What language do you speak? Maybe we can find somebody who uses both to help you when you have questions. There are a lot of bilingual people on MC's thread.

My native language is Romanian and I speak Italian (even my game is in italian...) Did you see somewhere the modding tutorial in italian? Believe me, all italien are lazy and narrow to learn something...

I can traslate tutorials from English to Italian for you as I speak both, and use some English modding tutorials myself.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm sad she left, but knew she always cringed when a new patch came out that would break her mods. I hope she enjoys the break. Very nice the modding community is updating her mods.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Unless the creator of the mods gave an indication some place that people are free to update and distribute their mods to others, I wouldn't be uploading those mods any where.

The creator is retired... and give permission to anyone who want to take care of them...

Some mods are more difficult to be updated then the others. I'm not a good moder like MB, so I'm not sure I can keep up to date the mod not uploaded anywhere else. I will see to next patch..

If you find some that give you trouble, you could do what she did, and offer them up for others to take on. No one will fault you for that.

Don't let it give you stress. Do what you can. It's more than I have to give. I appreciate that you're willing to even try. I just know I don't have modding in my bag of tricks. I'm glad you do. :)

The biggest problem of mine is that I son't speak English so I can't understand all tutorials about modding (I use Reverso program to translate - I imagine how many mistakes appear in my texts :* )

What language do you speak? Maybe we can find somebody who uses both to help you when you have questions. There are a lot of bilingual people on MC's thread.

My native language is Romanian and I speak Italian (even my game is in italian...) Did you see somewhere the modding tutorial in italian? Believe me, all italien are lazy and narrow to learn something...

I can traslate tutorials from English to Italian for you as I speak both, and use some English modding tutorials myself.

@SiliClone ...

<3

Thanks. (I appreciate this offer... catalina's nice.)
    edited July 2016
    SiliClone wrote: »

I need everything for tuning mod... all you can give me... you can send me pm here or at MTS (same ID: catalina_45)

I'm start to use a program tools for tuning but all is in English: http://modthesims.info/t/showpost.php?p=4560228&postcount=1
    The program use the TDESCs and extracted resource... all explanation are in English... I don't think it could be translated in italian...
    Terms for which to find lyrics and explanations (ex: affordance, outcome, apropriatness…)

Do I need any ... like for stupid...
    Can you translate the file "TS4_Custom_Content_Guide.zip" from this thread? It's a pdf file inside: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/779844/maxis-documentation

Edit: I make translations of films and series (for internet film and series posted), but they aren't as heavy as a tuning file...
    Words are soul's image
    edited August 2016
    All mods are compatible with patch 1.21.40 (26 July 2016)

-MB Faster Fire Sprinklers V2 1.20
    -MB More Focused Reading V2 1.20
    -MB No Auto Painting 1.20
    -MB No Auto Read or Analyze Books V4 1.20
    -MB No Auto Swimming 1.20

MB Outdoor Retreat - Reduced Tent Obsession

MB Faster Showers with Inappropriate Feature

MB Stuff Breaks Far Less Easily

The same for Drink more energy at MTS...

All mods are compatible with patch 1.22.22 (16/08/2016)

I made it a new thread with all my mods... forgot this thread for old mods.

New thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897169/mb-updated-mods-by-catalina-45/p1?new=1
    Post edited by catalina_45 on
    Words are soul's image