Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no food!

First time playing Dine Out tonight. Before I had my Sim buy his own restaurant, I wanted to take him to go to a restaurant as a customer. He ordered drink and food but it never came. The action was there saying he was waiting for his order but nothing came. I went to another restaurant and the same thing happened. Then I gave that up and had him run his own restaurant and he was not able to "manage" the chef at all. Host and Waiter were fine. The option to "manage", did not come up for the chef and he didn't even go into the kitchen. These are Maxis made restaurants so its not like there is a blockage to the kitchen or anything like that.

What gives?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I do have mods. I will check. Thanks
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    You're welcome :)
    If the issues remain after doing that, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

Try starting a new save game and test to see if the same things are occurring in that game also.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    How long did you wait for the food? Sometime it takes a while for the food to get to your table. I had my Sim go out for food and she had the whole works (drinks, appetizers, food, dessert) and it took all day. She went in about 11:00 and came out at 7:00. A little annoying to have the whole day gone, but she was very happy when it was going. :) Not sure about the manage for the chef though. I made sure that the doors were locked, but only let in employees and myself also had to be added to the list of ok ones to go in. :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    First time playing Dine Out tonight. Before I had my Sim buy his own restaurant, I wanted to take him to go to a restaurant as a customer. He ordered drink and food but it never came. The action was there saying he was waiting for his order but nothing came. I went to another restaurant and the same thing happened. Then I gave that up and had him run his own restaurant and he was not able to "manage" the chef at all. Host and Waiter were fine. The option to "manage", did not come up for the chef and he didn't even go into the kitchen. These are Maxis made restaurants so its not like there is a blockage to the kitchen or anything like that.

What gives?

Hi, I'm not sure if you've already resolved the issue or if you've heard about the solutions already, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.
    You can read further about similar problems regarding the wait here. I don't necessarily know if it's exactly the same problem as yours, but some of the Maxis-made restaurants have objects blocking the chefs from putting up food (shelves over the serving area, fish tanks too close to chef stations etc.) which means some food can't get out. I believe that EA/Maxis did re-upload one/a few of their restaurants on the Gallery supposedly to fix the problem.

As for the no managing options for the chef, I have no idea what's wrong there. I definitely think you should give repairing your game a go, because that's certainly supposed to be there :tongue:. Chefs also have quite review-altering options in their management section, like paying for training, and choosing cooking speed, among others. Have you tried firing, and re-hiring, or hiring someone else? Does the problem still occur if you re-hire, or hire someone else? I'd love to hear the results if you try :smile:.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    AM35502 wrote: »
    aaronrulz wrote: »

What gives?

Hi, I'm not sure if you've already resolved the issue or if you've heard about the solutions already, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.
    You can read further about similar problems regarding the wait here. I don't necessarily know if it's exactly the same problem as yours, but some of the Maxis-made restaurants have objects blocking the chefs from putting up food (shelves over the serving area, fish tanks too close to chef stations etc.) which means some food can't get out. I believe that EA/Maxis did re-upload one/a few of their restaurants on the Gallery supposedly to fix the problem.

As for the no managing options for the chef, I have no idea what's wrong there. I definitely think you should give repairing your game a go, because that's certainly supposed to be there :tongue:. Chefs also have quite review-altering options in their management section, like paying for training, and choosing cooking speed, among others. Have you tried firing, and re-hiring, or hiring someone else? Does the problem still occur if you re-hire, or hire someone else? I'd love to hear the results if you try :smile:.

sorry I did figure out the problem. It was the Scumbumb Lock Door MOD. Don't need it anymore anyway because it seems like EA made their lock door system much better since I last used it. Thank u!!