Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only 1 EP confirmed for this year?

Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
I this true? Was it confirmed by the gurus?
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    It hasn't been confirmed.
    Given we aren't getting one this quarter though and next quarter is October-December, it's very unlikely they'll release 2 EPs in a 3 month time period.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited July 2016
    It is all rumor and false until confirmed by the SimGurus.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I believe it's only speculation because it seems like they can only release one EP in the time frame of a single quarter, we won't know until the end of the year.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The financial quarter doesn't end in December, for the record. And that's what announcements are based on. Saying they only have til December is false.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I've asked a few times and I've always been told next quarter is the next 3 months after this quarter (July-September)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    We've had two EP's in 3 months before.
    Never rule anything out.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    We've had two EP's in 3 months before.
    Never rule anything out.

Yes, but back then they had two seperate teams working on EP's. Now they have one team for EP's, one for GP's and one for SP's.

We will see, but I guess one is the only we will see. That doesn't mean there won't be another one between January-April though, since the fiscal year runs until April I believe?

I just hope the EP will be good.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    It's still unsure if there will even be an EP this calendar year or not. No news about it yet. It's speculation in that so far, 1 EP has been released each fiscal year, that's all. It's just an observation in a pattern set by the Sims 4 so far like the 4 SPs and 2 GPs per year is another pattern.

If curious about counting content released so far, check out this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/886697/the-sims-4-complete-list-of-content-released

2014: Sims 4 base game and Free pack
    2015: 2 GPs, 2 EPs, 4 SPs, 1 FP update
    2016: 1 GP, 4 SPs
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I think we will get another game pack and expansion pack plus two stuff packs this year.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited July 2016
    It's Not confirmed and in fact I think is wishful thinking from the community to believe so. We know no EP is coming out this quarter, so the speculation of having an EP for next quarter is very optimistic in my opinion considering the silence around it and that we haven't had any hints whatsoever about EP3.
    Anyhow, is basically confirmed that it'll be one or none EPs this calendar year as it is impossible in my opinion that they'd release two EP in a 4 month period.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    It hasn't been confirmed.
    Given we aren't getting one this quarter though and next quarter is October-December, it's very unlikely they'll release 2 EPs in a 3 month time period.

I guess time would only tell, the developers may surprise us.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Wouldn't put it pass them at this point..
    xo0yscju
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Well, there are three possibilities: 1. There will be no EP this year (not fiscal, but calendar year) :( 2. There will be one EP this year :/ 3. There will be two EPs this year, because maybe they are almost done with the other one and only use one or two people to test run it and the rest is already working on the next one :)

I am pessimistically hoping.
  • lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    The quarterly teasers, has it been confirmed that they show everything for release on that quarter within that trailer? Maybe they just show the content they want to show and leave some stuff out? So an EP maybe coming but they want to show this in a different way and not within the trailers?
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    One thing I learned quick about Sims4.........."You never know what you're going to get"
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I would think best case scenario is 1ep and 1 game pack. They are both in development and was said earlier are made by seperate teams.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    It's still unsure if there will even be an EP this calendar year or not. No news about it yet. It's speculation in that so far, 1 EP has been released each fiscal year, that's all. It's just an observation in a pattern set by the Sims 4 so far like the 4 SPs and 2 GPs per year is another pattern.

If curious about counting content released so far, check out this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/886697/the-sims-4-complete-list-of-content-released

2014: Sims 4 base game and Free pack
    2015: 2 GPs, 2 EPs, 4 SPs, 1 FP update
    2016: 1 GP, 4 SPs

And just adding to this, the other kinds of years:

fiscal 2014/15:* base game, 1 EP (on the last day of the fiscal year), 1 GP + Mac basegame
    fiscal 2015/16: 1 EP, 1 GP, 6 SPs + Newcrest, 64-bit game
    fiscal 2016/17: 1 GP, 2 SPs + lighting, gender options + ????
    *the fiscal year is April 1 to March 31 and is key for corporate finances

Sims 4 1st year:* 1 EP, 2 GPs, 3 SPs + Mac basegame, Newcrest
    Sims 4 2nd year: 1 EP, 1 GP, 5 SPs + 64-bit game, lighting, gender options
    Sims 4 3rd year: ????
    *released September 4, but easier to use September 1

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited July 2016
    lilacksb wrote: »
    The quarterly teasers, has it been confirmed that they show everything for release on that quarter within that trailer? Maybe they just show the content they want to show and leave some stuff out? So an EP maybe coming but they want to show this in a different way and not within the trailers?

I'm not well enough to go look for the quote, but basically, it has been stated that if it's coming in the quarter it'll be in the teaser.

ETA: Because free content would release with it, they couldn't not announce it in the quarter it's coming. My understanding of it anyway.

• teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    there is a probability that we won't have any Ep this year too... :) Anything might happen:))) we might get 2 eps, or 1 ep or 0 ep:))) place your bets Ladies and Gentlemen:)))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    The financial quarter doesn't end in December, for the record. And that's what announcements are based on. Saying they only have til December is false.

Where are you getting this from???? No it isn't. We've been told by the Gurus each quarter lasts 3 months. If April-June and July- September were ones, then October-December HAS to be one.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited July 2016
    Simanite wrote: »

Where are you getting this from???? No it isn't. We've been told by the Gurus each quarter lasts 3 months. If April-June and July- September were ones, then October-December HAS to be one.

If they're going by the traditional fiscal quarters it would be the end of a quarter (though maybe not the end of their fiscal year). Some companies do set up their own fiscal years based on internal stuff however if April-June and July-September are two of their fiscal quarters then yes it appears they are going by the traditional fiscal calendar so December 31st would be the end of the fiscal quarter for them if not also the end of the fiscal year.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    I would think best case scenario is 1ep and 1 game pack. They are both in development and was said earlier are made by separate teams.
    That is my best guess too for the last six months of the calendar year.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I this true? Was it confirmed by the gurus?

No it is not confirmed, but we might get none as well!!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

My bad, I meant the financial year doesn't end in December. As mentioned, it doesn't end until March of next calendar year. :) And announcements go by those quarters.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    We reseved 2 EPs last year I believe so never know we could get 2 a year from here till they are done with Sims 4 why worry about it .I'm sure we'll get the same as past games if not close to it
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99