Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant have a baby?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    There is a mod out there to increase household size (MCCommand might also be able to do it) other wise you'll have to wait until someone mov s out or passes on before she can have children.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    There is a mod out there to increase household size (MCCommand might also be able to do it) other wise you'll have to wait until someone mov s out or passes on before she can have children.

Got a link to that mod?
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2016
    I believe that mod is TM's Fullhouse mod and you can find it at MTS. If you want the ability to TFB in overstuffed households, that's a separate mod from another creator called TFB in larger households also found at MTS. You would need them both, I think. Be aware though, that if you use MCC along with it, there is no way to cap the population with inactive households and you might find your neighbors all living in overstuffed households. (was 20-25 sims living in nearly every house in the towns!) That's what happened to me and caused a lot of lag with too many sims in the houses, so I took the Fullhouse and TFB mods out for now. When I want to play an overstuffed household again, I'll put it back in and keep an eye on the other households. They run fine all together and are compatible, it's just that it can get out of hand because there is no way to cap inactive household numbers at the moment.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

Just wanted to let you know, MC does NOT do anything with increasing household size, but it does work with mods that do that.

It has an optional way to enter CAS that will NOT delete your extra sims. It's a little limited, some of the CAS options you won't have... but it's better than either never editing them, or losing a bunch at once, I'd think?
    Finvola wrote: »
    I believe that mod is TM's Fullhouse mod and you can find it at MTS. If you want the ability to TFB in overstuffed households, that's a separate mod from another creator called TFB in larger households also found at MTS. You would need them both, I think. Be aware though, that if you use MCC along with it, there is no way to cap the population with inactive households and you might find your neighbors all living in overstuffed households. (was 20-25 sims living in nearly every house in the towns!) That's what happened to me and caused a lot of lag with too many sims in the houses, so I took the Fullhouse and TFB mods out for now. When I want to play an overstuffed household again, I'll put it back in and keep an eye on the other households. They run fine all together and are compatible, it's just that it can get out of hand because there is no way to cap inactive household numbers at the moment.

@Finvola what do you mean? You can't set the Maximum Homeless setting, if you use those other mods? I'd love more details.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I have my homeless settings to not allow any, I think (I mean apart from the ones that are necessary to fill roles). This was pretty much what every one of the inactive households looked like when I had fullhouse and the TFB mods in. It took me a good few hours to delete sims and rearrange the town and clean it up. I still have this save, but without fullhouse and TFB in it and it runs fine now. It seems they keep filling up the houses until it reaches 25. If there is some kind of setting in MCC to control this from happening to the inactive households, let me know because I do like to play overstuffed households, but without the inactives having the ability to. Sergio Romeo's family pretty much bred through my entire world. :D

yikes_zpsh0gnkpgb.jpg
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I use Fullhouse with MC and I don't have problems with overpopulation since you can modify children amount and limit with MC. Maybe it's probably because I don't use the Try for Baby one anymore. I feel like maybe I should've left that in 'cause that looks hilarious LOL. Where do they all sleep in that house?? :joy:

The new UI definitely makes overstuffed households look nicer than before in comparison to the old one, though.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I did limit the amount of children they could have and it still went wild! :p I'd never seen it get so out of control before. My other saves with the same set up generally had 12 or so in them and when I saw that was going on in this save I was like :o So, if there's no way to control the inactives from having their breedathons, I suppose I'll just leave the TFB mod out if I want to allow more than 8 again.
  • Options
    I did limit the amount of children they could have and it still went wild! :p I'd never seen it get so out of control before. My other saves with the same set up generally had 12 or so in them and when I saw that was going on in this save I was like :o So, if there's no way to control the inactives from having their breedathons, I suppose I'll just leave the TFB mod out if I want to allow more than 8 again.

I PM'd him a copy of the link. I have no idea how to answer your question, @Finvola ... so I'm calling out the big guns. He may just look and tell me what to "bring back"... if he does, I'll let you know what he says.
  • Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    edited July 2016
    Make sure you're setting "Maximum Household Children", not "Maximum Offspring". Maximum Household Children will set the maximum children that a couple will have together total counting all the possible pregnancies they may have. Maximum Offspring is just the number of babies a couple will have PER pregnancy. The default for "Maximum Household Children" is 5 but it can go all the way to 50. Even at 5, if you have multiple couples living in the house, this will spike-up the population. I mean, if you have 5 per couple, that's a household-size of up-to-7-per-couple. And if Maximum Offspring is greater than the default of 3, then it can be a large population boost as well.

I usually use Maximum Offspring of 2 and Maximum Household Children of 2 when I want to keep the population from booming.

Edit: Also, these settings are ONLY for inactives. It has no influence on actives. Since you were specifically asking about how to control inactive population size, that's why I mentioned these two settings.
  • Options
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    Make sure you're setting "Maximum Household Children", not "Maximum Offspring". Maximum Household Children will set the maximum children that a couple will have together total counting all the possible pregnancies they may have. Maximum Offspring is just the number of babies a couple will have PER pregnancy. The default for "Maximum Household Children" is 5 but it can go all the way to 50. Even at 5, if you have multiple couples living in the house, this will spike-up the population. I mean, if you have 5 per couple, that's a household-size of up-to-7-per-couple. And if Maximum Offspring is greater than the default of 3, then it can be a large population boost as well.

I usually use Maximum Offspring of 2 and Maximum Household Children of 2 when I want to keep the population from booming.

Edit: Also, these settings are ONLY for inactives. It has no influence on actives. Since you were specifically asking about how to control inactive population size, that's why I mentioned these two settings.

Thank You! <3 (because the hearts here are cooler than MTS).
  • Options
    Thanks for looking into it, @egwarhammer ! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Deaderpool wrote: »

Thank you so much for your fast response! I stepped away to grab a bite to eat and was surprised I had a reply already! This helps a lot, I'll give it another go with the Fullhouse and TFB mods back in, your explanation makes a lot of sense and helps clear the mystery up as to why my save blew up like it did. I had changed "Maximum Offspring" settings, but not changed anything in"Maximum Household Children", so I shall go and try that now. I had a feeling something was wrong with my settings that was causing the population to explode, but I just couldn't figure what I was doing wrong, so that has to be what was causing the issue. Now I know, and anybody else who might be using these mods together. :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Finally found the mod and choose up to 25 per household.